FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Official Hukilau 2009 Room Crawl Thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Official Hukilau 2009 Room Crawl Thread
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-26 7:48 pm   Permalink

It's been my experience that after 9pm on Saturday, people won't notice/care if there is ice. I'm really looking forward to this.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-05-27 01:32 am   Permalink

Quote:

[i]On 2009-05-26 13:24, Bargoyle wrote:
Single handedly? I though Gabe was helping out in there??

Oh yes, Tane will be working his magic on the other side of the bar during the art show premiere. I'm just the master of my own domain as far as my drink menu goes. The lovely Violetgirl will be assisting, but I'll be doing all the measuring and shaking. To reach my goal of 150-175 drinks, the menu will consist solely of 4-ounce cocktail drinks, perfect for perusing the fine art.

To whet some appetites, here's what's in store:

From left: Violetiki and A Slice of Heaven (Hurricane Hayward creations), Gone the Beachcomber (Beachbum Berry) and Don's Daiquiri (Don the Beachcomber)

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Rick
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-05-27 6:05 pm   Permalink

They look delicious. Is the room crawl only on Thursday night? I won't be there until Friday afternoon so I'm afraid I'll have to miss this.

All Hail Floyd!! (Mira Mar League of Extraordinary Gentlemen)

View Profile of Trader Rick Send a personal message to Trader Rick  Email Trader Rick     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-28 8:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-05-19 18:11, Bohemiann wrote:

Is it o.k. to just serve Non-Alcoholic drinks....

I was thinking maybe, you know...

for all those that don't drink.

A refuge of sanity...

Yea.. RIGHT! F that!

[ This Message was edited by: Bohemiann 2009-05-24 05:02 ]

Yeah, that's the spirit!

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bohemiann
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-05-29 04:53 am   Permalink

The "Official" crawl will be Th. but ..... folks will be crawling all weekend as well as vending and other bizarre activity in various rooms.

View Profile of Bohemiann Send a personal message to Bohemiann  Email Bohemiann Goto the website of Bohemiann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Rick
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-05-29 1:14 pm   Permalink

I'm sure I'll be able to find the "corruption" on my own. Good to hear that some will be hosting a Tiki Bar Room on Friday Night as well, even unofficially.

All Hail Floyd!! (Mira Mar League of Extraordinary Gentlemen)

View Profile of Trader Rick Send a personal message to Trader Rick  Email Trader Rick     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-06-02 11:28 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-05-26 14:52, Bohemiann wrote:
Feeling your pain Hayward. I am working on my punch recipe. Lots of research.

The big question and commodity will be ICE. Any thoughts or past experiences on the inevitable run on, lack of and sources for ICE. I just have this feeling it's going to go fast. Maybe we can figure out how to bag and stockpile some?

Some tips from a local for those looking for ice, liquor, fruit and other foodstuffs:

Head west over the 17th Street Causeway (about 2 miles from the Cabana) and you'll find a treasure trove of merchants at 17th Street and Cordova (just before U.S. 1).

Go left (south) and you'll find a big plaza with a Total Wine superstore (lots of rum and liquors available) plus a Publix supermarket (good fresh produce).

Go right (north) and you'll find a Crown Liquors and Winn-Dixie supermarket. Also, just west of Cordova on 17th you'll find another liquor store. And all of the above should have ice.

If you don't have the means to venture off the beach I'm pretty sure there's a 7-Eleven within walking distance to the north of the hotel plus some smaller liquor stores. But don't forget that everything on the beach is geared toward tourists so it may be pricey.

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-02 1:22 pm   Permalink

The Sun-Trolley is a FREE bus. It picks up and drops off directly in front of the Bahia Cabana (I think every 15 minutes) - and drops off at the Publix shopping center. You can not make it any easier!! Just park and car and forget it!!

Lots of restaurants and shops along the 17th Street Causeway. Take the Trolley North to hit the Strip or Beach Place.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-02 1:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-02 13:22, AlohaStation wrote:
The Sun-Trolley is a FREE bus. It picks up and drops off directly in front of the Bahia Cabana (I think every 15 minutes) - and drops off at the Publix shopping center. You can not make it any easier!! Just park and car and forget it!!

Ooooooh, as a California girl who loves ice cream and has no source of Blue Bell within 1000 miles, I see lots of ice cream in my future next week! If anyone has a hankering for Blue Bell, just come find me and I'll be more than willing to accompanying you on a Publix run. Tropical Florida air, Tiki drinks, and Blue Bell homemade vanilla. I'm going to be in heaven.

View Profile of Brenda's Tiki Hut Send a personal message to Brenda's Tiki Hut  Email Brenda's Tiki Hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-02 1:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-02 13:31, Brenda's Tiki Hut wrote:
Ooooooh, as a California girl who loves ice cream and has no source of Blue Bell within 1000 miles, I see lots of ice cream in my future next week! If anyone has a hankering for Blue Bell, just come find me and I'll be more than willing to accompanying you on a Publix run. Tropical Florida air, Tiki drinks, and Blue Bell homemade vanilla. I'm going to be in heaven.

You can have the Vanilla, I want the Cookies & Cream!

I was a happy puppy when Blue Bell finally made it all the way down here to SoFla.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bohemiann
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-06-02 2:31 pm   Permalink

Are we there yet?

View Profile of Bohemiann Send a personal message to Bohemiann  Email Bohemiann Goto the website of Bohemiann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-06-02 5:42 pm   Permalink

The Kokoru Chapter of the FOM will be hosting on Thursday evening out of room #118 featuring our own special sauce.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-02 9:59 pm   Permalink

The Sweet Leilani Room will be in room 242! Join us for a specialty original cocktail by yours truly, and some additional magic being whipped up by Martiki-Bird and Tabuzak, my special guests from the Blue Lory Lounge.

8:30PM! ROOM 242! Cocktails and Tropical Flowers Galore!

BE THERE.

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tedtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-03 06:16 am   Permalink

I am sooo thirsty. I can't wait!

View Profile of tedtiki Send a personal message to tedtiki  Email tedtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I dream of tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-03 11:01 pm   Permalink

Will there be a compiled list of rooms and times somewhere for those of us who will forget to look at this thread in a week?

View Profile of I dream of tiki Send a personal message to I dream of tiki  Email I dream of tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation