FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Crafted Christmas Ornaments - Holiday Ornaments
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Crafted Christmas Ornaments - Holiday Ornaments
Tacky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-20 8:30 pm   Permalink

Yeah, I guess that was my third question-can you custom mix your own colors! I do want a teal one-that's my favorite color (well, outside of light pink, which is not tiki!) I'll have some of these older ones done soon and will start the new paint-I think Gallery Glass and Delta will be pretty close, but can't say for sure until I've tried it!

I'm going to put my better ones on a 10-light string-instead of using clear bulbs I'll try ones that closely match the glass float color. Don't know where I'll put the lights when I'm done-may hang them thru the fishing net on the ceiling to hide the cord.

Too many tiki projects-too little time!

Tacky

View Profile of Tacky Tiki Send a personal message to Tacky Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-01-29 8:50 pm   Permalink

My Christmas collection so far. Got to where I can net a ball in about 10 minutes.

The gem of my collection is the Cammo original gold-leaf Zormok. Found some grass shack mini lights at a BigLots! out of town but didn't buy them 'cuz I figured I'd buy them at home. Of course now my local BigLots! doesn't have them in

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tacky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-16 2:06 pm   Permalink

Just finished my first one! I put the opening at the top and tried to diguise it with the twine knot. This one is not going on the light strand...it was a test and will hang up somewhere! If I can figure out how to post pictures, I'LL get one on here and you can give me some tips> I think I should make a smaller "mesh" next time, but this isn't bad!

I also tried the Gallery Glass and didn't like it as much as the Delta, so I went back to it. The test one is of Gallery Glass.

Tacky

View Profile of Tacky Tiki Send a personal message to Tacky Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tacky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-16 2:13 pm   Permalink

And your collection looks totally fab! The puffer really does have a tikiracer vibe now-looks like
he got a coat of metallic paint (looks like metal flake in the pic!) I love them all!

Tacky

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-02-17 09:00 am   Permalink

Did you figure out the picture posting Tacky Tiki? At the bottom of the white posting screen there is a box that says "Add Images To Your Post" Click on it and follow the directions. Let's see 'em!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-18 4:44 pm   Permalink

I love these! what a great idea!

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-02-18 5:17 pm   Permalink

Thank you, your Majesty

Tikimommy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-02-18 6:59 pm   Permalink

MadDogMike, you totally ROCK! I love those mini fishing floats! And Tacki Tiki, great idea to light them up...and the best part is you don't even have to wait for Christmas to use them (or Easter or Hannuka, or Martin Luther King day...) I just found this thread today and love the ideas. I may even have a string of plain old clear globe lights that I can "transform"..hmm so much tiki, so little time!

PS, MDM, thanks for the PM's. I haven't started carving yet (my class was cancelled this week) but I have been sketching up a storm..who knows, some day I may even start my own thread! Thanks for the inspiration!

View Profile of Tikimommy Send a personal message to Tikimommy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-02-18 10:42 pm   Permalink

Thanks TikiMommy TC is such a cool place because of all the inspiration floating around! And yes, you'd better post your stuff - maybe it will inspire someone else.

Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-19 05:46 am   Permalink

Fun - I can't wait to see your deco'd tree. The spines on the puffer are a blast.

www.robbhamel.com

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-19 1:29 pm   Permalink

Wow MDM! Already working on Xmas.
You're on fire!

http://www.fluffshop.com

[ This Message was edited by: Iokona Ki'i 2009-02-23 13:47 ]

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tacky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-20 7:20 pm   Permalink

I tried monday for four hours to figure out how to get my pictures off the camera and on the computer. The dang computer didn't 'find' the camera in the USB port! Dunno what's going on with that. I'll see if I can find someone who can figure it out for me. The worst thing was that the flipping computer erased one of my pictures of The Alibi in Portland. It just wiped it right off the camera and I can't find it on the computer. I am not a happy tiki camper about that.

Meanwhile, I'm painting these clear ornaments as often as possible. I've tied several and they look really good-I'm really surprised at myself! I bought more Delta glass stain today and painted some more-gonna stockpile these things as gifts for tiki peeps, besides hanging them all over the Lava Lounge. I'm considering taking pictures and having a disc made at Walmart or something then trying to post from there. Gotta figure it out before the mug trade is on!! So stay tuned!

Headed to the Bay tomorrow to hit TV's Emeryville for stuff for the mug trade...then I'll attempt more fishnet on sunday!! Pictures will happen, sooner than later!!

Tacky

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-02-25 1:33 pm   Permalink

Found these "Bamboo String Lights" at Big!Lots (no I didn't buy any tikis there) for $10. They'll look good on my tiki tree, I wish the electrical cord was green instead of white.

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-10-19 8:40 pm   Permalink

Time to bump this thread.

I picked up a string of flicker flame Christmas lights at Lowe's, I see miniature tiki torches I'll have to make some tiki torch bases, maybe bamboo or grass mat wrapped around a cardboard tube. Hmmm...

1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-20 7:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-01-29 20:50, MadDogMike wrote:
My Christmas collection so far. Got to where I can net a ball in about 10 minutes.

The gem of my collection is the Cammo original gold-leaf Zormok. Found some grass shack mini lights at a BigLots! out of town but didn't buy them 'cuz I figured I'd buy them at home. Of course now my local BigLots! doesn't have them in

These glass float ornaments are off the hook.... get it?

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation