FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Crafted Christmas Ornaments - Holiday Ornaments
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Crafted Christmas Ornaments - Holiday Ornaments
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-11-27 08:24 am   Permalink

Nice stuff!!!
Here are some fish float lights I made. (Mid page)
They are clear Christmas bulbs.
That I put paint in then tied
With two ply jute twine.
The paint I used you bake on.
They do have lights in them.
And last is some earings I did.
I did these years ago but I remember
that tyeing the small balls like these is harder.
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=18485&forum=18&start=30

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2009-11-27 08:30 ]

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-11-27 08:34 am   Permalink

Plus this guy.
Mini Me.

Can't find pictures of our tiki tree.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-29 1:17 pm   Permalink

Right on Mike! Dig the petroglyphs. Hope the Xmas tree committee approves.

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BeezleBug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-30 11:30 am   Permalink

Oh, wow, lots of cool ornaments. I really like the mini tiki torches and mini glass floats.

That makes me wonder if anyone has ever created a miniature tiki bar diorama. (I loved creating dioramas when I was a kid.)

View Profile of BeezleBug Send a personal message to BeezleBug  Email BeezleBug Goto the website of BeezleBug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-11 8:24 pm   Permalink

No Tiki Tree for me this year - I've got a one year old grandson who visits Our only Christmas tree this year (we usually have several) is covered in stuffed Teddy Bears with no hooks.

But that doesn't mean you can't post pics of your Tiki Tree!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-12 05:39 am   Permalink

Here's some.

leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-12 12:21 pm   Permalink

Going to a twisted ornament party today and although I had a plan to do all 12 days I decided on doing just

Three French Hens (not tiki but hey I made it so there!)

and yes they are all wearing berets

[ This Message was edited by: leleliz 2010-12-12 12:35 ]

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-12 1:03 pm   Permalink

leleliz good job on the French Hens. MadDog it's all about the kids. In our family most of the kids are in their 30's! Hugs, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-13 1:07 pm   Permalink

Skip, good lookin' stuff

Liz, Hee-lar-ee-ous!!!!!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-16 08:03 am   Permalink

A Christmas present* for Dogbytes.

*I generally don't give Christmas presents unless forced to.** (Which was not the case here.) I was making this piece earlier this year and carved into a hole in the material near the top of the head. After filling it several times it still looked wrong. It then occurred to me that I could fill the hole with an ornament or snow and make an Xmas moai outta it. As Mrs. Bytes is always doing swell stuff for people (like delivering home made jellies or cookies for no friggin reason other than she'd just made some) I figured she might like it.

**If I pick up some cool piece of junk I know someone might like I give it to them when I find it. I don't save it up for Xmas.

[ This Message was edited by: woofmutt 2010-12-16 08:05 ]

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-16 08:14 am   Permalink

Very "cool" Woof. He does NOT seem happy about being cold! I know how he feels

Koitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-22 11:32 am   Permalink

My tiki tree. Some ornaments like the light-up tiki huts, tiki torches and some floats are hand-made. Some, like the tiki pendants were purchased.

From Lake Surfer:

Mele Kalikimaka everyone!

View Profile of Koitiki Send a personal message to Koitiki  Email Koitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-22 12:41 pm   Permalink

Koi, it's good to see you in here! Beautiful tree (I didn't get mine out this year )
Thanks for the bump

Koitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-22 5:46 pm   Permalink

Thanks MDM. This thread of yours was a great inspiration! I had fun putting it all together but as you can see, I never found something really good for a topper. I'll have to switch that out when I can. I see you mentioned the white cord on the Big Lots tiki hut set. I figured out I could cut white the cord, take them off and slide them on our white light set that has a green cord. If I hadn't left them out all summer last year, they would look way better. Hah.

View Profile of Koitiki Send a personal message to Koitiki  Email Koitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation