FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Hula's Modern TIki, PHOENIX, (restaurant)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Hula's Modern TIki, PHOENIX, (restaurant)
Citibeach
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-01-08 10:43 am   Permalink

Name:Hula's Modern Tiki PHOENIX
Type:restaurant
Street:4700 Central Ave
City:Phoenix
State:az
Zip:85013
Phone:

Description:
Hula's is braving the economic downturn and setting up shop in Central Phoenix. We have found a fantastic location, a building built in the early 60's thats is just screaming "make me tikii!!!). The space was originally a Heap's Big Beef, I need to research it a bit more but I think it was a burger place.We are going to be expanding the space off the north side of the building, adding a dining area which will create an "L" shaped building, creating an outdoor patio space that will have a large fire pit at the center of the patio. I will be updating this page with photos showing the progress of the space. These first photos are of the space in its current condition. RIght now we are working on the architectural plans so we can submit and go through the permitting process. Lookiing to start the buildout in 6 to 8 weeks and be open by June. That is the plan anyway. We will see.
If anyone wants to submit ideas to me directly, or if you are a supplier of tiki, email me at
citibeach44@yahoo.com One thing I am looking for are lit glass floats that Jim used to make. I cannot talk him into making them anymore, so looking for a new source. OK, let the ride begin!!!
Chris Delaney

[ This Message was edited by: Citibeach 2009-01-08 10:54 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Citibeach 2009-01-08 10:56 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Citibeach 2009-01-08 11:01 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Citibeach 2009-01-08 11:05 ]

[ This Message was edited by: citibeach 2009-01-08 14:09 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Citibeach 2009-10-22 12:46 ]

View Profile of Citibeach Send a personal message to Citibeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-01-08 11:56 am   Permalink

Wow...so many possibilities. That building DOES scream "Make Me Tiki" for sure.

I say keep that post and beam interior, it looks amazing.

Good Luck with this. Build an area for live entertainment and the Tikiyaki Orchestra will drive out to play the opening !!!

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-09 08:57 am   Permalink

That canvas is a dream come true!

Oceanic Arts now has fish float lights again.

...and if you need any help with the buildout,

bambooben@aol.com

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Citibeach
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-01-12 9:00 pm   Permalink

Got your message Bamboo Ben,
I will get in touch with you when we have permits in hand. Should be 6 to 8 weeks. Hopefully sooner. Just working on the architectural drawings now.

View Profile of Citibeach Send a personal message to Citibeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-01-12 9:24 pm   Permalink

Just got the call... I'll be carving the LARGE Tikis!!! Can't wait to work on this one!

Live like a Beachcomber!
www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-13 08:26 am   Permalink

it wouldnt be hulas without some tiki tony tikis.. right on..

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-13 08:59 am   Permalink

Congrats Tony, bringing the beach to the desert! And get that Ben guy, he knows his sh#%! Keep us posted, friends.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-01-13 08:59 am   Permalink

Ben, Tiki Tony....Can't wait to see what this amazing structure becomes.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachcomberjones

Posted: 2009-01-14 2:55 pm   Permalink

So Awesome!! Finally a real aspiring Tiki joint in phoenix, good luck!! Bring phoenix back to its days of the kon tiki hotel, the islands, samoan village etc!!

View Profile of Beachcomberjones Send a personal message to Beachcomberjones  Goto the website of Beachcomberjones     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-15 08:04 am   Permalink

Very cool & good luck! We just love our Hula's Island Grill here in Santa Cruz. Great drinks, atmosphere & decor, good food and all affordable plus a Tiki Farm collectible mug...

View Profile of KuKu Send a personal message to KuKu  Email KuKu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kila

Posted: 2009-01-19 2:01 pm   Permalink

Aloha and best of luck from another Santa Cruz (and Monterey) Hula's fan!

View Profile of Kila Send a personal message to Kila      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-20 1:39 pm   Permalink

A cool looking building.
Best of luck!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-02-09 10:10 pm   Permalink

I've been enjoying my new wacom drawing tablet lately and decided to draw right over the photo of the outside to see what this place could look like if I was at the helm with unlimited budget. Hope the place is going well so far!

eXpLoRe tHe eXoTic isLe!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tikitony

(forgot to add the original photo)

[ This Message was edited by: tikitony 2009-02-09 22:11 ]

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Citibeach
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-02-20 09:19 am   Permalink

Hey Tony,
Love the drawing. We will be underplaying it a bit though, more like the Santa Cruz location. Cleaner lines, loungey, swanky, with the original part of the space being the tiki room and kitchen. What we are adding will be dining, restrooms and patio. The expansion will open through garage style doors, creating a dining space and patio dining that will join together. I have architectural drawings, but not attaching to this post for some reason. Need to change it to a jpg I guess. Will post it when I figure it out.
I will keep in touch. Chris

Citibeach
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-14 11:31 am   Permalink

Here is the floor plan that we submitted to the city this week, along with all the other plans. Should start buildout in a few weeks, fingers crossed.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation