FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Travel » » Tiki Beat Visit to Palm Springs February 2009
Tiki Beat Visit to Palm Springs February 2009
tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-01-10 11:09 pm   Permalink

Hello Tiki people I am visiting Palm Springs for the Modernism Week 13 - 22 February - bit of work, bit of holiday and would like to meet up with other Tikiphiles - Events that I will attending the M Modern Gallery for the latest "Shag: The Last Days of Magic"
and the RETRO MARTINI PARTY which will take place on Friday, February 20, 2009 at Frank Sinatra’s famous Twin Palms estate.

I hope to get a chance to go back to Oceanic Arts in Whittier and say hello to the guys.

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-01-11 7:07 pm   Permalink

We went to Palm Springs last year for Modernism Week and had a Blast!!
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=27312&forum=17

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shaker
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-01-11 8:26 pm   Permalink

I go to it every year. It's been cool to see how peoples opinions and tastes have changed thru the years when it comes to modernism. Last years show was the most eclectic I had scene.

I'd be curious to hear who else is going from TC.... especially for the Shag opening.

My girlfriend and I are thinking of going this year. In the past I have only gone for the day on Saturday, but we may make a weekend out of it this year.... in celebration of Friday the 13th (or the Saturday the 14th, Valentine's Day if you ask her, haha).

View Profile of Tiki Shaker Send a personal message to Tiki Shaker  Email Tiki Shaker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-13 04:04 am   Permalink

I will be enjoying the weekend at M Modern and the new ACE Resort that should open that week too. Don't forget that it's not only SHAG but also Glenn Barr at M Modern that weekend. Shag is the man,but Glenn Barr is even larger in the non-tiki gallery art world. Hope to see ya all in the Springs and would love to meet up with some of you.

Now can you DIG that?

wildsville man

Rory Snyder (A.K.A. Wildsville-man)

[ This Message was edited by: Wildsville man 2009-01-13 04:05 ]

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-01-20 10:15 pm   Permalink

The Shag Show at M-Modern is on Friday, February 13th at 8:00pm. Here's more info about all the events going on during Modernism Week

http://www.orbitin.com/events.html

I just booked a room at The Riviera for the weekend. WooHoo!!
http://www.psriviera.com

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2009-01-20 22:21 ]

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-02-01 08:50 am   Permalink

For more information about the Shag Show at M Modern check this link out
http://www.mmodern.com/

mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-02-10 10:39 pm   Permalink

Marcus ROCKS!!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-02-16 10:30 am   Permalink

suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-19 07:57 am   Permalink

Marcus, any chance you'll be in LA this weekend?

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-02-19 12:07 pm   Permalink

Well my time in Palm Springs has been a blast it has been a huge week and we will be heading back to LA on Saturday morning after wrapping up the week with a Cocktail Party at Franky's (Frank Sinatra) place tomorrow night. We are only in LA for one night and then heading back to Hawaii for another month of carving. If we are going to be hanging out in a tiki bar in LA I will post a message on Saturday lunch time to fill you in if you want to join us for a mai tai.
Aloha

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Featherstone58

Posted: 2009-03-10 06:58 am   Permalink

Marcus MAN

Im so envious, would sooo love to get to Palm Springs let alone during PS Modernism Week..maybe next year (sigh. I did get to meet Shag tho in Perth last year, what a swell guy so easy going, a signed book has pride of place on our coffee table..sounds like the Hawaii carving is still going well for you?

Tiki Greetings from the West Coast

View Profile of Featherstone58 Send a personal message to Featherstone58  Email Featherstone58     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation