FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Slacktone Coming To Florida Next Month (Mai Kai too)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Slacktone Coming To Florida Next Month (Mai Kai too)
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-01-13 7:30 pm   Permalink

Wish I could be there for one of these great surf shows.....especially the Mai Kai!!!

http://www.slacktone.com/gigs.html

http://www.slacktone.com/video.html

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Staredge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-14 04:50 am   Permalink

I'm going to the show in Orlando on the 5th. Can't wait. Would love to go to the Mai Kai show, but 7 hours of driving isn't going to work.

View Profile of Staredge Send a personal message to Staredge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Champagne
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-01-15 5:35 pm   Permalink

I highly, highly recommend Slacktone. There has NEVER been a band that can roll like Slacktone when it comes to Instrumental Surf Rock. Dave Wronski on guitar. He is a master jazz guitarist, and it shows, because surf guitar is fast, articulate, tasteful and jazzy. Dusty on drums. A whirlwind of sticks and skins who lays down the surf beat. A heck of a bass guitar player completes this trio.

These guys are old pros . . . they are GREAT and they KNOW how to please a crowd.

View Profile of Tiki Champagne Send a personal message to Tiki Champagne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-16 12:27 am   Permalink

That would be Sam Bolee on Bass,
he is also with Dick Dale,
and was in Agent Orange for many many years.

Slacktone Rules,
I have seen them many times.
will see them again this sat. at the Guitar Geek fest here in Anaheim.
but I do wish I could see them at the Mai Kai.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Staredge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-16 04:43 am   Permalink

Are you going to be seeing them again, Jeff???? Maybe in August???? First weekend perhaps??? HMMMMMMM?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

(C'mon man, throw us a bone!!!!)

View Profile of Staredge Send a personal message to Staredge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-19 10:57 am   Permalink

I'm working on it,
but not in stone yet.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-19 12:49 pm   Permalink

Slacktone!

Go watch and support this band.

Dusty Watson - THE power surf drummer - is a personal friend of mine from Corona, CA. In the mid to late 70s we would listen to surf LPs that we found scouring thrift shops and old record store stock, and dream of someday actually jamming with Dick Dale or Eddie Bertrand etc.
Dusty made it man! He has been the drummer for Dick Dale and countless other groups in the So Cal area.

So if anyone happens to meet up with Dusty in Florida - tell him TikiG (Greg Reyes) sent 'ya to check them out. He'll get a kick out of that.

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pyro
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-01-22 10:21 pm   Permalink

Thanks for posting this. I'm going to try and catch the Orlando show.

View Profile of Pyro Send a personal message to Pyro  Email Pyro Goto the website of Pyro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-02 7:57 pm   Permalink

bump,
coming up soon..

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-03 6:47 pm   Permalink

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-04 10:10 pm   Permalink

tomorrow

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-05 7:08 pm   Permalink

pics of Slacktone in the Mai Kai please?
thanks.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Pyro
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-02-05 8:36 pm   Permalink

I can't make it to the Mai Kai (Gasparilla is Saturday), but I'll be at Will's Pub on Sunday to see Slacktone.

If anyone else makes it, feel free to say hi. I'll be the girl with the big tiki chestpiece tattoo.

View Profile of Pyro Send a personal message to Pyro  Email Pyro Goto the website of Pyro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-06 10:50 am   Permalink

I'll get pics tonight for those that don't make it...... they might even be in focus!

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-06 6:43 pm   Permalink

Sorry, me and the five Jet Pilots say no pictures until tomorrow!

The show was great, the band rocked, the Molokai was packed to the rafters. it was a great evening.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation