FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events MAY 3rd. nooner at bamboo ben ...with Smokin Mini's, tikiyaki o!, exotiki ! and the hula girls!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 Next Page )
MAY 3rd. nooner at bamboo ben ...with Smokin Mini's, tikiyaki o!, exotiki ! and the hula girls!!!
NOTCH
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-05 12:06 pm   Permalink

I'd like to thank BambooBen and Mrs Boo & Family for Throwing this Party for all of us, I had a great time, even being stuck behind the bar serving beer all day was fun( sorry fer the few warm ones!)... And thanks to all for the donations to pay for the kegs and a few who picked up a Bloody Roberto Loco mug! It helps out allot on gas to get KUBAR to So-cal and back, It was a bumpy ride but we got it back home in one piece! and we are ready for the next trip....I Had fun hanging with all the Tiki Ohana( to many names to type)and I cant wait for the next time..
And sorry to the guy that KuBAR Smashed! hope hes all right
Good Time's!!!! and Big Mahlos
Notch

View Profile of NOTCH Send a personal message to NOTCH  Email NOTCH     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tai Won On
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-05 12:41 pm   Permalink

I am still reliving the memories of last weekend. We all had a BLAST. Ben and Mrs.Boo did a kick ass job throwing this one.
There were so many great vendors I ended up spending quite a bit more than planned (sorry Honey). The only regret is that whole sunscreen thing that has been thoroughly covered. It was also great to see Dave "Lake Surfer" and his lovely wife Jen. They are great people from a great distance. Tikiyaki blows my mind every time, you guys rule.
Thank you to Notch and Dano for serving the beer all day.

Biggest Thanks of all to Ben and Mrs. Boo it was incredible. Next time we'll have to bring the van, Tikitastic's car was stuffed to the gills with the great stuff we bought.

View Profile of Tai Won On Send a personal message to Tai Won On  Email Tai Won On     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Skinny Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-05 1:15 pm   Permalink

I don't know why Scott is so uptight. I pooped in Kinny's space!

Jen

View Profile of Skinny Dog Send a personal message to Skinny Dog  Email Skinny Dog Goto the website of Skinny Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ravenne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-05 2:23 pm   Permalink

Mmmm-mmm!

the "street margaritas" in the hobo village were great!

View Profile of ravenne Send a personal message to ravenne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-05 3:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-05-05 09:42, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-05-05 05:40, Skinny Dog wrote:
Only thing I would change for the next Nooner... collect a little from each vendor and rent a Porta Potty

Oh sure, add some more of society's burden on the backs of small business owners...

I have a better idea:

Why don't you collect a little from all the drunks who got the free booze all day and needed to use the bathroom?

Buzzy Out!

I'm with ya there, man. I think I peed twice all day. The rest was all sweat and I had nary a sip of a Painkiller. Beer=peeing. They should just all wear depends next time!

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-05 4:56 pm   Permalink

Thank You, Bamboo Ben and Mrs. Boo, Dani and I had a Great time, What a fun event, Thanks for letting us participate, Cheers! to you and all the Ohana that showed up, Mahalo! Gogo

Ohana Since September 17 2002, Member #434

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Skinny Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-05 5:05 pm   Permalink

Free booze ?????

Why the hell was I running across Beach Blvd to the store for 40's every 1/2hr.

Quote:

On 2009-05-05 15:34, Billy the Crud wrote:

Quote:

On 2009-05-05 09:42, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-05-05 05:40, Skinny Dog wrote:
Only thing I would change for the next Nooner... collect a little from each vendor and rent a Porta Potty

Oh sure, add some more of society's burden on the backs of small business owners...

I have a better idea:

Why don't you collect a little from all the drunks who got the free booze all day and needed to use the bathroom?

Buzzy Out!

I'm with ya there, man. I think I peed twice all day. The rest was all sweat and I had nary a sip of a Painkiller. Beer=peeing. They should just all wear depends next time!

View Profile of Skinny Dog Send a personal message to Skinny Dog  Email Skinny Dog Goto the website of Skinny Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-05 5:46 pm   Permalink

Yup.....there was free beer and stuff in the Ku-Bar, man!

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-05 5:50 pm   Permalink

I was gonna say how did somebody miss all the free Beer/keg talk on this thread?
but then again, anybody that came to the thread late in the game, might have got caught up in all the name tag/hobo village madness and not noticed the beer stuff before.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mrs Bamboo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-05 8:29 pm   Permalink

[quote]
[i]On 2009-05-05 17:05, Skinny Dog wrote:

Free booze ?????

Why the hell was I running across Beach Blvd to the store for 40's every 1/2hr.

See, you coulda pee'd every 1/2 hour.

Glad everyone had a good time. We thought about renting a porta potty, but, honestly, there's nothing worse than a 100 degree non-flushable bathroom. And, the fact that Kinny and Grog would have spent the day amusing themselves by tipping it over while occupied, we decided against the idea. Four other shop owners agreed ahead of time to open their restrooms to our guests. One shop owner had to finally close his down because someone was rather buzzed and kept leaning on a classic car he's in the midst of restoring. Party foul!

So, other than this issue and the issue with the free (occasional) warm beer that Notch didn't even sign up to pour and did the best he could to ice the kegs on a hot day because we were too busy serving the free food getting the free bands parked in the lot making sure the vendors who vended for free were getting some lunch making money and having fun..... I think it went pretty well.

View Profile of Mrs Bamboo Send a personal message to Mrs Bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-05 10:15 pm   Permalink

Who complained about warm beer?!!!?

I didn't even get any Ku Bar beer!!!

Thank all of you Ku Bar beer Warriors

for the tips! Paid for 4 barrels, 6 hours of constant pouring and some gas

to get him home!

Notch and Dano Rock!!!!!!!!!!

Yes! It was a Nooner! Fo' Sure!...and a parking lot too!

p.s. as Marie and Jon Paul were driving away, Marie said, "See his sunburn? Woo hoo! It's the beginning of summer!!!!"

Maybe a parking lot gathering in June, July and August.....

...of course not to top the last one. We'll see what happens.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-05 10:44 pm   Permalink

p.s. I was blown away by Pua's Blessing of the Hale Ohe' too!

Here's somthing that just popped up on google.

http://thehighpriestess.blogspot.com/2009/05/why-is-there-no-rum.html

Maybe next time a lil' rum with/for Pua!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Skinny Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-06 02:17 am   Permalink

Is the world ready for a Monthly Nooner ??

I think 3 a year would work and you two wouldn't get burned out .

The First one was great timing to kick off Summer Early May

Now I would be down for a post Tiki Oasis Nooner in late August!!!!!

That would be a great way for those who couldn't attend Tiki Oasis to hear the tales while they are still fresh in our heads.

And a third Nooner just prior to Christmas would rock
Get the bands to do surf Christmas music and everyone could do their shopping

Make it happen Ben

Hahahahahaha

Tai Won On
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-06 06:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-05-06 02:17, Skinny Dog wrote:
Is the world ready for a Monthly Nooner ??

Now I would be down for a post Tiki Oasis Nooner in late August!!!!!

The problem with ANY event after Oasis is nobody has any money left. We learned that at the Forbidden Island Parking lot Sale.
There was so much cool stuff but we couldn't afford it.

View Profile of Tai Won On Send a personal message to Tai Won On  Email Tai Won On     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiShopPua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-06 07:45 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-05-05 22:44, RevBambooBen wrote:
p.s. I was blown away by Pua's Blessing of the Hale Ohe' too!

Here's somthing that just popped up on google.

http://thehighpriestess.blogspot.com/2009/05/why-is-there-no-rum.html

Maybe next time a lil' rum with/for Pua!

Uh oh. I've been made. And now it's my turn to blush.

Six years, quietly under the radar..and BAM! Ben finds me. Are you sure you're not a PI?

Mahalos again Ben. Ku'uipo spirits like you, Vicki, and your ohana make me feel a little less homesick all the time. Oh, and I didn't miss the rum too awful much! It was a very great day.

Malama Pono, Pua

View Profile of TikiShopPua Send a personal message to TikiShopPua  Email TikiShopPua Goto the website of TikiShopPua     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation