FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Feb.7/Kiki's b-day/Purple Orchid/Insect Surfers
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Feb.7/Kiki's b-day/Purple Orchid/Insect Surfers
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-14 3:17 pm   Permalink

Hello to my TC friends - the ones I already know and the ones I'm about to! I'm hosting myself a little birthday gathering on Saturday, Feb. 7th at The Purple Orchid! The Insect Surfers are going to play! Hooray! I'm super excited and looking forward to a fabulous night! I hope some of my Tiki peeps will come on out and join me in celebrating. Just post here if you're coming so I can warn them. Time is still TBD, I will be going early and getting some food brought in. There will be a $5 cover charge to pay the band. More info to come.
X's and O's,
Kiki v.

Kiki party starts at 8:00
Cover charge ($5) starts at 9:30
Insect Surfers start at 10:00

[ This Message was edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-01-14 18:40 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-02-07 10:13 ]

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-14 3:26 pm   Permalink

Feb 7, Purple Orchid. In.

Dave and Rebecca have been working on some new drinks, too. I sampled one a few days ago and it was really good. Hopefully one or two of them will be ready for prime time by then.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-14 3:33 pm   Permalink

Laura and I are so IN!!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-14 4:08 pm   Permalink

Hi Scott! I'm so glad to hear you and Laura are coming! You know I met Dave from The Purple Orchid at your house, and talked to Insect Surfer Dave about playing, so that's where the whole thing got started. I was wondering if you know of a hotel nearby where I can reserve a room - not too expensive?

[ This Message was edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-01-17 12:23 ]

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-14 4:27 pm   Permalink

The closest hotel to Purple Orchid is the Hacienda at Sepulveda and Mariposa.

http://www.haciendahotel.com/

A little farther away (a couple of blocks north) is a Travelodge that may be a little cheaper:

http://www.travelodge.com/Travelodge/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=09496&brandInfo=TL&cid=%EAid!

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-14 5:13 pm   Permalink

Awesome PiPhiRho! I will check those out! Thanks and see you there!

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-15 07:02 am   Permalink

I'm there,
my fav band, at a tiki bar for a B-day party for a cool chick,
why would I not be.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-17 12:24 pm   Permalink

Thanks BTD!

1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-21 12:59 pm   Permalink

Wow great night to be had, unfortunately that falls on the same day I
go to the Winternationals drag races at Pomona.Its tradition my Dad and I
have been going since I was about 10years old.
Dave and Rebecca rock ! Have a great time and take lots of pics.

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Don Brewski
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-01-21 3:30 pm   Permalink

I would love to go also but will be at Pomona like 1961surf.

Hey Surf, look me up. I'll be driving this heap in exibition runs on sat. and sun. we are usually pitted at the end of the midway...

View Profile of Don Brewski Send a personal message to Don Brewski  Goto the website of Don Brewski     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-22 8:29 pm   Permalink

So anyone else? Love the Purple Orchid? Love the Insect Surfers? If you don't know me yet, all good, it's the weekend, not much else goin on, come on out for a fun evening and say hey!

[ This Message was edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-01-23 08:41 ]

Daves Not Home
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-23 09:57 am   Permalink

"I" to the "N" like Flynn

View Profile of Daves Not Home Send a personal message to Daves Not Home  Goto the website of Daves Not Home     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-26 4:58 pm   Permalink

Hooray, Dave!

Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-26 5:43 pm   Permalink

DUDE! You drive the Pisano Matsubara Vega Funny Car?!?!? I'm not worthy!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-26 7:58 pm   Permalink

Can you guys post drag racing stuff somewhere else please?

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation