FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tiki Diablo carves for Trader Vic's
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Tiki Diablo carves for Trader Vic's
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2009-05-12 5:43 pm   Permalink

Superdeluxo detail brotha! Can't wait to see those gigantors
in person. "Have a bitchen' summer, K.I.T"

www.tikikaimuki.com

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KreepyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-15 01:02 am   Permalink

Danny -- Your amazing, masterful creations set the scene SO perfectly it's now impossible to imagine the LATVs experience without them!

Wish you would carve miniature versions of them, or produce them as ceramic pieces so we could all have our own replicas of them at home!

I'm curious (as are others) -- DO they take them in at night at closing time, or are they always out there on the street? (I sure HOPE they take them in, 'cause I don't trust NOBODY these days -- especially with pieces THAT beautiful!

Cheers & Mahalos

View Profile of KreepyTiki Send a personal message to KreepyTiki  Email KreepyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-15 03:05 am   Permalink

Awesome work. Beautiful. I am very curious what kinda money does that brings to you. No one ever talks about that. I would be very interested in that really. I try to sell all my stuff that I carve and it would be helpful to know these things. Of course I am no where as talented as this. Impressive. What kind of wood did you use?

[ This Message was edited by: Tucson Tiki 2009-05-16 09:29 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tucson Tiki 2009-06-02 10:33 ]

View Profile of Tucson Tiki Send a personal message to Tucson Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-19 8:25 pm   Permalink

Dayuuummm...just saw this, man. That's now MISTER Diablo to all the rest of us. Killer work, braddah.
Member #490

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-02 08:18 am   Permalink

Thanks Danny - I mean MISTER DIABLO! Appreciate and love your work too.

Thanks Trader Vics for unleashing these gods onto the LA landscape. Downtown never looked so good.

Thanks Bewitched By Tiki for the photo.

[ This Message was edited by: TikiG 2009-06-02 08:19 ]

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-02 08:49 am   Permalink

Incredible!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-02 3:12 pm   Permalink

Fantastic big sucker!

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-02 10:44 pm   Permalink

Please refer to previous questions.

View Profile of Tucson Tiki Send a personal message to Tucson Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-09 9:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-02 22:44, Tucson Tiki wrote:
Please refer to previous questions.

I saw it . It's just that it is kind of a client confidentiality thing. Keep practicing and refining your technique and your tikis go up in value I guess. I have been carving since 2001 full time. When I first started the going rate for us carvers was about $100 per foot.

Thanks for the props guys !

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-09 10:23 pm   Permalink

If the Lakers win....

Will you have to move them???

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-10 01:15 am   Permalink

You know. This is the kind of response I expected from you. (I'm sure your a nice guy) Really! It's not that big of a deal. It took you forever for you to say anything about my questions. Why would Trader Vics care? They hired you to produce a product. You deliverd a couple of awesome pieces. Some of us out here want to do this for some extra income.(In these tough Obama times) It would be nice to know what the the potential is. I guess it takes a whole lot of time and talent to break into the "elite group" here. I guess you could send me a private message if that would suit you better.. I'll keep carving TT

Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-10 10:01 am   Permalink

Actually it would have been more tactful if you would have PMed me in the first place. I tend to stay busy and don't babysit my threads.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-10 10:49 am   Permalink

Your right. I probably should have used a little more tact. I apologize. I would a least like to know what kind of wood you used. Thanks.

Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-14 10:17 pm   Permalink

Ugh! Fire trucks headed for the Staples Center, I hope the Tiki's are okay.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-16 4:03 pm   Permalink

Well, are they?

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation