FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Travel Travelling in the U.S.
Travelling in the U.S.
Pikeys Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2009-01-18 2:32 pm   Permalink

I'm going to be travelling between Philadelphia and Chicago in a large circular route - visiting Record Stores to buy old 45s - and would like any suggestions for places to eat and drink along the way.
Planned ports of call include Pittsburgh, Allentown, Cleveland, Toledo, Ann Arbor and possibly Detroit.

Any Tiki places would be great, particularly inexpensive ones, but any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for your input...

View Profile of Pikeys Dog Send a personal message to Pikeys Dog  Goto the website of Pikeys Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pikeys Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2009-02-10 1:20 pm   Permalink

absolutely nothing between Philadelphia and Chicago?

View Profile of Pikeys Dog Send a personal message to Pikeys Dog  Goto the website of Pikeys Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-02-10 10:37 pm   Permalink

I would search either Critiki or Tiki central for those cities you listed and I would also see if you can get a copy of Tiki road Trip. I am from the wrong side of the US, so other than Chicago, I couldn't help much. I know Rugbymatt is from Allentown -no tiki I'm sure, but he is a great guy to hang out with and knows that city well! I hope this helps a little.
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pikeys Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2009-02-15 10:04 am   Permalink

Hey thanks...

I was beginniing to get a little lonely LOL.

Anyone recommend any decent retro bars or places to eat in Allentown, Philly, Toledo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh etc

4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-15 1:34 pm   Permalink

PD, maybe changing your thread title to be more specific would help?

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
exquisitecorpse
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-26 1:07 pm   Permalink

there are no tiki bars in philadelphia, but rumbar (http://www.rumbarphilly.com) does tiki tuesdays, with an expanded $5 tiki drink menu ($5 zombies!) and a discounted polyneasian menu. the crowd is hit or miss and the bar isn't tiki-fied but it a great place if you enjoy rum, and there is a huge pirate statue in the lounge as a bonus.

View Profile of exquisitecorpse Send a personal message to exquisitecorpse  Goto the website of exquisitecorpse     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-26 2:00 pm   Permalink

just outside detroit, in livonia michigan is chin tiki...this was their second business, -the old chin's downtown has been closed for years....i would stop into chin's livonia on your way through.....

there's plenty to do in chicago...check out trader vics, hala kahiki, chef shangri-la among others....if you are able to post from the road, contact us on your way in and we can give you more detailed info...if not, when do you expect to be in the chicago area??

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-26 2:08 pm   Permalink

for philly not sure if its still in action:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=30281&forum=4&hilite=philly
check this thread

also the rum bar in philly for - well rum....

Chicago is full of good time places at least 4 as posted by tipsy.

injoy

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Runner
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2009-03-01 09:33 am   Permalink

Pick up the new issue of IMBIBE magazine
Good article about the best bars to visit in Philadelphia

View Profile of Rum Runner Send a personal message to Rum Runner  Email Rum Runner     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation