FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana UPDATE! Lost Job, Lost Three People, and out of Saint James.. Need some Tiki Love
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
UPDATE! Lost Job, Lost Three People, and out of Saint James.. Need some Tiki Love
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-01-24 3:25 pm   Permalink

I-TIKI.

"Every Exit is an Entry somewhere else" - Tom Stoppard - Indeed.

Good Luck, I really hope everything works out with the new gig.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I-Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-01-25 1:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-01-22 16:14, Psycho Tiki D wrote:

Next Friday, for the first time in my life, I am going to sit across the table from on of my team members and tell them they no longer have a job. Not because of anything they did, not because of anything they said, merely because of a painfully slow economy.

Obviously, people handle the stress in different ways. That being said, there is no excuse for a boss or manager to be an asshole. It seems feelings are side-stepped and many people are hurt along the way.

[ This Message was edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2009-01-22 16:46 ]

I was given the bad news in person from my boss while an HR representative from corporate was on the speakerphone. One of the things that really helped me put things in perspective was that my boss was visibly upset. It helped to know that he felt really badly about the situation. After the HR rep got off the call he spent about 30 mins. asking me how he could help me with the transition and apologizing for the situation.

I hope you get through this OK. The best thing you can do for the person you are letting go is be human and let him know how much you hate the situation as well.

Luck.

Lee

View Profile of I-Tiki Send a personal message to I-Tiki  Email I-Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tacky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-30 7:12 pm   Permalink

Tiki Mojo ROCKS!!! I had an interview on Monday. Working interview this morning. 40 minutes into the working interview I was called into the office by Dr and asked if I wanted the job. Probably the most exclusive dental office in Sacramento! Totally opposite my current office and basically what I worked in both in Walnut Creek and years before in El Cerrito. Still will work 4 days/week. Also had 2 other very good prospects, but this one was tops.

I'm hoping the Tiki Mojo will work big time for any other TC Ohana who need it! Warm wishes to all! And good tiki luck to all!

And yes, it does help if the person who is the bearer of bad news has some empathy. I have my review at my current job on Mon. So far the peeps who have already had their reviews have been yelled at and berated by the doctor for the entire hour. Most come out crying. But I have the ace up the sleeve, unlike the others. I've got somewhere to go.

Good luck to you all! TC Ohana is really an Ohana. I've seen it in action-these people you've never even met really care! Keep your chin up! Good things are bound to happen!

Tacky Tiki

View Profile of Tacky Tiki Send a personal message to Tacky Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pyro
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-01-30 8:12 pm   Permalink

Congrats on the job Tacky Tiki!

View Profile of Pyro Send a personal message to Pyro  Email Pyro Goto the website of Pyro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-31 08:20 am   Permalink

Ho'omaika'i ! (that's Congratulations)

Glad to hear things worked out and hope 2009 keeps getting better for ya!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-01-31 10:14 am   Permalink

GROG want to hear if Tacky Tiki have interview and tell Dr. what a miserable S.O.B. he is, and to blow it out his ass.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-01 02:13 am   Permalink

Well if anyone gets stuck and it's not looking good, apply for a job on an Island on the great barrier reef in Australia...

if you get an offer you can get a 6 month visa online, a $1000us plane trip will get you here and back, and your accomodation/food is provided, you need no phone,car,insurance,rent,groceries,gas,electricity,water etc, just pay for smokes and booze.

the wages are not high by any means but you can go weeks without spending a single cent if you are tight...

Obviously not everyone can do this and it is much more favorable living and working conditions towards younger people (most are under 35)and if you have a house full of stuff (which I know most of you do) it can be especially difficult but just reminding you all that there ARE options and some are awesome,

just gotta take the leap....

View Profile of Tiki Trav Send a personal message to Tiki Trav  Email Tiki Trav     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation