FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Indiana Jones Tiki Bar and Jungle Cruise Playhouse...
Indiana Jones Tiki Bar and Jungle Cruise Playhouse...
Son-of-Kelbo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-21 5:49 pm   Permalink

Just in on the daily drums. This guy has a good eye, a good sense of humor, and is a pretty darn good craftsman --

http://www.instructables.com/id/An-Indiana-Jones-themed-Tiki-Bar/

and,

http://www.instructables.com/id/A-Jungle-Cruise-Playhouse/

(Pardon if posted elsewhere here on TC; I did a search, but did not turn up any related post.)

Be sure to dig the "Lost Ark" crate stencil and distressing. Neato.

S K

and Tiki-times were hot..."
SOK

View Profile of Son-of-Kelbo Send a personal message to Son-of-Kelbo  Goto the website of Son-of-Kelbo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-01-22 3:30 pm   Permalink

great links!

very creative people out there - I love how the back yard is taking over the indiana jones bar.

My favorite part about the indiana jones ride? - all the cool stuff to gawk at before you get on the ride! (especially the "office"!!!)

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Son-of-Kelbo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-23 2:02 pm   Permalink

Glad you like, mon. And yeah, I agree, I've always been equally, if not more, fascinated by any decent theme ride's "queue environment" as with the ride experience itself. The immersive art direction, ambient sound, and dialogue loops of, say, Disney's Jungle Cruise, and indeed the splendidly-realized Indiana Jones ride are often the unsung elements that truly help bring the ride to life.

This guy's sense of humor also really appeals to me. "Really Bad Eggs". Wish I'd thought of that one. And I really admire the dedicated soul who takes a blowtorch to his work to get the Nth degree of authenticity. All that and Hidden Mickeys too. Fun stuff indeed...

SOK

View Profile of Son-of-Kelbo Send a personal message to Son-of-Kelbo  Goto the website of Son-of-Kelbo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KeithH
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-10 11:33 am   Permalink

I love these.

I do have to say though that the original Jungle Cruise line theming seemed to fit a bit better with the whole Tiki theme to me.

Maybe I'm just partial to it after having spent a summer keeping people in line and driving the JC boats with the previous "thatch" theme.

"Would the person who lost the large wad of money wrapped in a red rubber band please come to the front of the line... We found your red rubber band."

Keith
JC '90

View Profile of KeithH Send a personal message to KeithH      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Son-of-Kelbo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-11 8:10 pm   Permalink

Whoa, Dude! You were a Jungle Cruise Riverboat Captain?

Coooool. How'za'bout sharing some behind-the-scenes memories with the Ohana, yes...?

and Tiki-times were hot..."
SOK

Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-19 5:46 pm   Permalink

Yeah! River Boat Captain of the Jungle Cruise? Tell us some stories!

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-19 6:56 pm   Permalink

Certainly you must have some slithering snake or charging elephant or rhino/totem stories...bring em on Cap'n!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sjohnson2

Posted: 2009-03-30 09:37 am   Permalink

Yes, com'n Captain Ron...

Classic Tiki bar. Although I wouldn't want to order any drinks "on the rocks" if I went here.

View Profile of sjohnson2 Send a personal message to sjohnson2      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation