Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Tiki Flyin' Saucer
Tiki Flyin' Saucer
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-22 9:24 pm   Permalink

Made this last weekend for the Grand National Roadster Show as a trophy. It will be in the Suede Palace to be given out for my car club favorite pick.

[ This Message was edited by: tiki diablo 2009-01-22 23:26 ]

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2009-01-22 9:45 pm   Permalink

Can I enter my Yaris in the Roadster show?

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Daves Not Home
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-23 10:11 am   Permalink

Remind me to not let you stripe my car Shakes The Clown. Just kidding meng! That thing looks sweeeeeet. Whats it made out of and do the lights really light up?

View Profile of Daves Not Home Send a personal message to Daves Not Home  Goto the website of Daves Not Home     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-23 12:54 pm   Permalink

awesome!

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-23 6:46 pm   Permalink

That gold metal flake is the coolest!

It would also be sweet if you had a small motion detector mounted on this guy so that when someone walked close, a small loop tape - sound bite of the Jetson's car/spacecraft thingy speeding away played.

Nice Danny.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-23 7:04 pm   Permalink

What a cool piece! I love that metal flake work....

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-23 8:59 pm   Permalink

Borris and Dave, you guys bring your YARIS' over and I'll do some shakey striping on 'em.
It's a hubcap, aircleaner top, model A and T bits and other crap.
You gotta love METALFLAKE!
Ha thanks guys, it was fun to make.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-24 08:39 am   Permalink

Out of this world Danny!
a little disc of tiki scifi genius there!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-24 08:55 am   Permalink

Diablo is really a closet trekkie. Captain Diablo.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Son-of-Kelbo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-27 11:05 am   Permalink

Crazy about this trophy, TD. An instant classic that captures the cool vibe I remember from the full-on tiki culture of my SoCal kidhood, and surely an honor to whomever it may be bestowed upon. Nice job.

More pics?

and Tiki-times were hot..."
SOK

View Profile of Son-of-Kelbo Send a personal message to Son-of-Kelbo  Goto the website of Son-of-Kelbo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thisoldhippie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-01-27 5:41 pm   Permalink

Do you guys love your Yaris as much as I love mine? I have the two door hatch 'cause it was TOO CUTE! I had to just go with whatever color rolled off the truck, (white), because there was a waiting list. Are you really getting the 40 mpg? I'm getting close to that down here in GA.

View Profile of thisoldhippie Send a personal message to thisoldhippie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation