FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Diana Lai - Original VIP Hostess for Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Diana Lai - Original VIP Hostess for Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-18 8:43 pm   Permalink

Dano Rocks!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2009-02-27 9:59 pm   Permalink

Dano, hope I'm not too late to say thanks to you and happy birthday to your mom!

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-15 12:08 pm   Permalink

How cool is that! Totally missed
this the first time around.
Thanks for sharing this with us Dano!

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stevesoto
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-05-15 1:18 pm   Permalink

I'd love to see Diana honored as a special guest at Tiki Oasis.

View Profile of stevesoto Send a personal message to stevesoto      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
XtremelyTropical
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-05-18 11:16 am   Permalink

Wow that is really interesting reading, was well worth it.

View Profile of XtremelyTropical Send a personal message to XtremelyTropical  Goto the website of XtremelyTropical     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Danno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-08 09:23 am   Permalink

I did finally forward this link to Diana and she was thrilled with all the great comments from everyone! So thank you to all of the people who posted!

Didier Ghez, who runs disneybooks.blogspot.com and publishes books about Disney artists called “Walt’s People” will re-print this story in a future volume of the series and has posted a link to this story on his website (February 16, 2009 post).

View Profile of Danno Send a personal message to Danno      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wayfarer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-10 10:00 am   Permalink

That was great, thanks for getting her to share her story.

[ This Message was edited by: Wayfarer 2009-06-10 10:03 ]

View Profile of Wayfarer Send a personal message to Wayfarer  Goto the website of Wayfarer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Danno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-18 12:06 pm   Permalink

As a fan of the Quiet Village podcast, I was thrilled when Mark (Digitiki) asked if I could arrange an interview between himself and Diana. We spent a nice afternoon chatting about her past experience working as the VIP Hostess at Disneyland’s Enchanted Tiki Room. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! Check it out if you haven’t already:

http://www.digitiki.com/

View Profile of Danno Send a personal message to Danno      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-06-18 2:19 pm   Permalink

Wow, what an awesome interview! I could have listened to her talk all day! Thanks guys for putting that together, that is truly a treasure! I've been telling quite a few people about how she posted on TC about her experience as Original Tiki Room host, and now we've got her voice and photos! You're awesome Dano and DigiTiki!!!

Live like a Beachcomber!
www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiShopPua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-19 12:15 pm   Permalink

I'm always late to these things..but WOW! This was such a treat. Mahalos for sharing Dano. And many mahalos to Diana. Really an honor to read.

View Profile of TikiShopPua Send a personal message to TikiShopPua  Email TikiShopPua Goto the website of TikiShopPua     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-18 10:36 am   Permalink

Since it recently was the 50th Anniversary of the Enchanted Tiki Room, I felt that this should be brought back to the surface, for those who did not get the chance to read it. It is an awesome story, and just wanted to see how Danno and Diana are doing? I hope all is well with them! Mahalos for the great read again, Danno!

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiwi Steve
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-18 3:03 pm   Permalink

Thanks for making this resurface!!!

View Profile of Kiwi Steve Send a personal message to Kiwi Steve      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation