FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Travel In San Francisco this weekend.... HELP!
In San Francisco this weekend.... HELP!
Boscorooty
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-01-26 07:06 am   Permalink

On Friday, I'm heading for San Francisco with my wife and in-laws. We're actually spending four days in Napa/Sonoma, but if I'm lucky,
I can probably sneak in a Tiki excursion.... So, where should I go? I'll probably have to go during the daytime and whil I've been to SF,
I'm not terribly familiar with the area. I need tiki recomendations!!

I will say that I am a complete sucker for Mugs I can't get anywhere else, so that would be a big bonus.

So, with one day, in-laws to consider, and an insatiable hunger for mugs, what one bar should I hit???

[ This Message was edited by: Boscorooty 2009-01-26 07:16 ]

View Profile of Boscorooty Send a personal message to Boscorooty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-26 08:01 am   Permalink

You say during the day? Unless you can get over the FI on Sunday, you'd be heading over after 5pm.

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-26 09:45 am   Permalink

Kona Club in Oakland is awesome! It opens at noon on weekends and 2 pm weekdays and they have a kewl mug...

View Profile of KuKu Send a personal message to KuKu  Email KuKu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-26 10:48 am   Permalink

If it has to be before 5:00pm, go to Trader Vic's in Emeryville. The only other thing open before 5:00 is Kona Club, which has great decor, but that's really the only thing it has going for it. The music, clientele, drinks, and overall atmosphere are quite a disappointment. At Vic's you get good drinks, good food, good views, good mug selection and availability, and the historical aspect goes without saying. If you can be in the Bay Area after 5:00pm, go to Forbidden Island in Alameda. That's where you'll get the best decor, drinks, service, music, atmosphere, and a mug that is not available online or anywhere else. Go to www.critiki.com and do the research. The ratings for the tiki locations in the area say it all.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation