Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Boston Area and El Dorado
Boston Area and El Dorado
hiwattowner
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-01-29 11:10 am   Permalink

Just stopped by Gordon's in Waltham on Main. They've got a good number of bottles of El Dorado 5 year, 12 year and 21 year. I've never seen it before in MA. They said that they think the MA distribution just started about a month ago.

They also had 4 or 5 bottles of the lower proof Lemon Hart.

View Profile of hiwattowner Send a personal message to hiwattowner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-29 6:03 pm   Permalink

Ryan and Casey Liquors in Greenfield has had El Dorado pretty consistently in recent years but I stopped there today on the way home from DC and they were discounting stuff to reduce inventory so in the future it may be a special order item.

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-29 6:35 pm   Permalink

But on a brighter note if the liquor store in Waltham is carrying it you can always ask someone who drives by there 5 days a week to pick you some up... That would be me & I would be happy to hook you up with liquor if you need it!

Beth

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-30 2:25 pm   Permalink

To hell with Lemon Hart! El Dorado Special Reserve 15 Year is fantastic!

(Truth to tell, I've never had Lemon Hart and can't get it around here, but who needs it when this stuff is SO GOOD!)

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-30 5:56 pm   Permalink

Well, if you are sipping it I'll take the El Dorado 15 too. But if you're making a cocktail the Lemon Hart is the superior and more economical selection. Mixing the 15 would be a crime.

(Mixing the El Dorado 12 on the other hand is something I can live with.)

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-02 03:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-01-30 17:56, rev_thumper wrote:
Well, if you are sipping it I'll take the El Dorado 15 too. But if you're making a cocktail the Lemon Hart is the superior and more economical selection. Mixing the 15 would be a crime.

Auwe! Now I'm feeling guilty!

And... now I'm over it... feeling didn't last long.

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-06 05:35 am   Permalink

Serving El Dorado 12 year to a group last night. Called the drink the Rum Swizzle, 'cause I liked how that sounded.

1 1/2 oz. El Dorado 12 Year
1 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
1 tsp. (5ml) Dark Creme de Cacao
Fill shaker half way with ice, add all ingredients, shake like hell, strain into chilled martini glass. Garnish with a pineapple leaf.

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation