FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Texas Tikiphiles III - Sat., April 4th @ Dallas Trader Vic's
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Texas Tikiphiles III - Sat., April 4th @ Dallas Trader Vic's
Tropical_Icebergs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-10 12:32 pm   Permalink

There seem to be a few to shy to reply...we are still missing comments from a few of last years attendees...speak up, don't be shy....you know who you are...and so do we...

View Profile of Tropical_Icebergs Send a personal message to Tropical_Icebergs  Email Tropical_Icebergs     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-10 12:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-10 12:32, Tropical_Icebergs wrote:
There seem to be a few to shy to reply...we are still missing comments from a few of last years attendees...speak up, don't be shy....you know who you are...and so do we...

Some folks from previous years have contacted me directly to let me know to expect them, so it should be a good crowd. BUT...there are plenty of other folks that live IN DALLAS that so far have been avoiding the community in general. I've met a few at Trader Vic's and have sent them emails to let them know about our gatherings in an effort to try to build the local tiki community. We DO have the only "real" tiki establishment in the state. It would be great if we could have local gatherings more often.

There are folks coming from Austin, Houston, San Antonio, Lubbock...it's not for locals only. I encourage anyone who can get here for one night to do it. In addition to getting to know others that have the same mania as us, it would be great to show Dallas Trader Vic's that they can count on our support in these tough economic times.

See everyone on the 4th! Update coming soon!

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-10 2:37 pm   Permalink

Just booked our flight and hotel! The cost of this trip makes my gut clench a little, but I've put this off for far too long, I NEED to see the Dallas Trader Vic's (plus, the prices are actually lower right now than they've been in the past). We get in kinda late Friday night (9 or 10pm), and we leave Sunday afternoon.

Can't wait to see the Vic's, and to see all you guys!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-10 3:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-10 14:37, Humuhumu wrote:
Just booked our flight and hotel! The cost of this trip makes my gut clench a little, but I've put this off for far too long, I NEED to see the Dallas Trader Vic's (plus, the prices are actually lower right now than they've been in the past). We get in kinda late Friday night (9 or 10pm), and we leave Sunday afternoon.

Can't wait to see the Vic's, and to see all you guys!

Fabuloso! Great that you're making the trip...I promise you won't regret it.

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kilikopela
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-14 8:01 pm   Permalink

Heya, Ill show up and I promise to bring these legs with me!

FYI - we're going thrifty and staying at La Quinta.

[ This Message was edited by: Kilikopela 2009-03-14 20:27 ]

View Profile of Kilikopela Send a personal message to Kilikopela  Email Kilikopela     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-15 06:47 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-14 20:01, Kilikopela wrote:
FYI - we're going thrifty and staying at La Quinta.
[ This Message was edited by: Kilikopela 2009-03-14 20:27 ]

La Quinta seems to be the hotel of choice. Sounds like they're running some good deals.

Here's the update I emailed to everyone on the TX Tiki mailing list:

They're coming from near and far, San Antonio, Houston, Austin, Lubbock...even California!

Trader Vic's is ready for us...we've requested extra Menehunes.

The raffle pile is growing bigger every day...

Babysitters are booked...

Based on the RSVP's received so far, this gathering will be the biggest yet! It's rumored that area hotels are running some super deals, too.

Are YOU coming? Still not sure?

These are tight times and no one wants to spend more money than they have to. Even Trader Vic's is feeling the pinch. Think about it like this...it's ONLY once per year, and you'll be supporting the ONLY "real" tiki bar in the state.

Here's a few more reasons to come:

$5.00 Mai Tai's and Zombies 4-7pm

Trader Vic's has an overstock of drink menus and a few Dallas Star glasses and wine glasses that are being sold CHEAP.

Kenike and a few others have collected a PILE of tiki items that are going to be raffled off!

Mingle with other like-minded tikiphiles!

See for yourself a classic tiki establishment filled with artifacts from the classic tiki period. Most of what you'll find inside Dallas Trader Vic's has been there for over 40 years.

Come have a drink with us! Trader Vic's will appreciate it and you might even make some new best friends.

Koitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-15 5:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-14 20:01, Kilikopela wrote:
Heya, Ill show up and I promise to bring these legs with me!

Woowee! You crazy kids!

Can't wait to see everyone. La Quinta has the deal for sure at $53/nt. Those of us staying there ought to think about carpooling/cabbing it together to TV.

View Profile of Koitiki Send a personal message to Koitiki  Email Koitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-20 1:16 pm   Permalink

Two weeks. I can't wait to see everybody! (Which is just my little way of saying, "bump".)

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rumbuddy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-22 11:42 am   Permalink

Woohoo! I can't wait, it has been so long since I've been there it will be like the first time all over again. Anyway, since I, uh, don't remember much of the last Tikiphile Gathering we went to, it will be like the first time for that all over again too! I know I went because I have my raffle goodies right here on the wall by my desk. I definitely remember some of you and see you are coming again, that is so cool! I am already planning what food and drinks to order... Two weeks to go!
Suzanne

View Profile of Rumbuddy Send a personal message to Rumbuddy  Email Rumbuddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-30 4:17 pm   Permalink

Damn, Brit - them legs (and you) is lookin' FINE, grrrrllll!!

Can't WAIT, y'all! The only difficulty is deciding between the Shaheen and the Peggy Wood. Both are astoundamundo. And unlike VLV, I can't quite justify doing an outfit change mid-event, the way I understand many of the BPW's (Bettie Page Wannabe's) do in Vegas.

Or maybe I can....

Hasta pronto, Texas Tikiphiles!
And Humuhumu, I'm beyond excited that you're coming, girl!!
F

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-30 5:58 pm   Permalink

This is going to be SUCH a great time.

Trader Vic's is promising a few surprises too!

Benehune
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-01 5:12 pm   Permalink

Kenike, I will be bringing two more guests.

View Profile of Benehune Send a personal message to Benehune      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-03 1:32 pm   Permalink

Heading for the airport in just a bit... can't wait to get to Dallas and see everybody! We're staying at the La Quinta (the one north of the Vic's, at 10001 Central Expressway). We don't have any plans during the day tomorrow, I'd be up to doing some exploring if anyone will be around.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Koitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-03 9:49 pm   Permalink

Humu and all,
I'm getting in mid-afternoon to the LaQuinta. At about 4:45 I'm pouring myself a Painkiller, and I'm bringing enough to share. So if any other folks at the LQ would like a drink to sip while they are getting ready, call my room. I'll be checked in under J. Perkins. After the Painkillers we can break out Kenike's rum I am bringing him.
(just kidding Kenike)

Aloha until tomorrow

[ This Message was edited by: koitiki 2009-04-04 06:30 ]

View Profile of Koitiki Send a personal message to Koitiki  Email Koitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-06 10:44 am   Permalink

I think I'd call it a success...

BIG thanks to everyone that came...I know some people drove LONG distances to get here, others flew. It's all much appreciated and I certainly hope it was all worth it. I'd bet it was!

30+ people makes this our biggest gathering yet!

Also, a BIG thanks to everyone who donated items for the raffle. I think everyone left with something. I couldn't believe some of the items that were donated. Lots of fun stuff but GOOD stuff too. One person went home with a 1975 Trader Vic's drink menu, someone else left with a smuggled bottle of Havana Club!

Let's hope we can do this again next year. With the changes they are putting in place at this location and an uncertain economy, who knows what the state of Trader Vic's will be, or even if they'll still be there. The important thing is that we were there to enjoy it. Those of you who wanted to come but couldn't, I'd say go experience it NOW while you can.

Okay, lets see some PICTURES! I took some but I'm still doing some editing, plus I need to get permission from any ladies I took pics of because I always get in trouble for posting the wrong thing.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation