FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events CLOSING NIGHT SAT. 04/18! TONIGHT! Kona tiki art show sat. feb. 28 salute to the swordfish!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
CLOSING NIGHT SAT. 04/18! TONIGHT! Kona tiki art show sat. feb. 28 salute to the swordfish!
Skinny Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-01 10:09 am   Permalink

Looks like y'all had fun, wish we had made it!

We are chained to our computers with a wicked deadline looming for this movie we've been slaving over.

Maybe we will see all of you soon.

Jen

View Profile of Skinny Dog Send a personal message to Skinny Dog  Email Skinny Dog Goto the website of Skinny Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-01 12:40 pm   Permalink

Wow! What a great time. It was fun seeing everyone and getting caught up. This is one of the reasons I moved out here, to be able to participate in events like this.

Eric, a big thank you for organizing this shin dig. Your art looks smashing.

Squidly, thanks for the awesome piece. I found a "CUTE" corner to hang my "CREEPY" Squid art, love it.

Better late than never, below is my original for the show. Go check out the great art everyone did for the event.

[ This Message was edited by: Swamp Fire 2009-03-01 12:46 ]

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-01 12:42 pm   Permalink

Mahalo, Mahalo, Mahalo to Tobunga, Manuel, and all the other Tiki Artists who helped make this event such a huge success. Kona was packed!!!

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2009-03-01 12:45 ]

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-01 2:48 pm   Permalink

Sam's/Kona was packed, I forgot to mention what a Great Job Jeff ( bigtikidude ) Did, Spinning some cool vinyl, Thanks Jeff, All though I didn't collect vinyl in the late 70's early 80's I have some of my used, Very played surf records for you, My way of saying Thank You! For all ways making the events fun, With your DJ music, The Gogo's with the Ventures ( 45 ) Surfin' and Spyin'/Showdown In Newport is one of my favorites! I'll bring these with me to the next event.

You probably have this " Surf Raiders " Surf Wax Record

Though in rough condition, I know you'll find some use for them!

Thank You Jeff/Eric And again what Packed Fun Night! Gogo
Ohana Since September 17 2002, Member #434

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-01 4:46 pm   Permalink

Mahalo everybody!

Wow! What a phenomenal opening event last night!

I want to thank once again all the amazingly talented artists who really came through with some stellar work during a nutty show schedule.
The swordfish artwork for the month-long show is fantastic! If you didn't catch the opening night festivities, you can still check out the work until March 28th!

We're working on having a closing night gathering too... there will be a couple more pieces joining the show in the next week, so come on back to see more cool art!

Thanks too to DJ BigTikiDude...Jeff, your music was awesome!

And thank you to everyone who came out to support Kona and the artists! What an incredible turn out! I was so excited to see so many people... a tribute, I believe, to the great artists, and the great establishment... Sam's, Kona, and now Don the Beachcomber!

Thanks also to Chuck at Kona for being willing to host the show. I'm hoping the turn out gave them a sales boost, and sets the precedent for more events in the future!

MAHALO AGAIN!!!

Yer pal,
Eric October

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Joe's Pop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-01 5:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-01 12:40, Swamp Fire wrote:

Better late than never, below is my original for the show. Go check out the great art everyone did for the event.

Wow, Doug, that's one fantastically bad-ass fish! Glad to hear it was a good time, wish we were there. Your partner, Jerry, sends her best...counting down to Oasis!

CHEERS!~

Andy
http://www.myspace.com/tikijoesocean

View Profile of Tiki Joe's Pop Send a personal message to Tiki Joe's Pop  Goto the website of Tiki Joe's Pop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-01 8:00 pm   Permalink

What a fun event this was! And no blubbering weepy-ness since (thank the Tiki gods) the place isn't being torn down! I think we all owe a big mahalo to Tikiyaki for beating the drum on this one. I am excited by the prospect of a new Don the Beachcomber's here on the mainland. And something tells me that the new name/ownership may lead to an increase in the "tipsy" (tiki's per square inch) factor in the decor. Great to see so many poeple I love in one happy place!

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-02 06:04 am   Permalink

Mahalo Tobunga! It was a great show. We had a wonderful time!

Aloha!

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-02 08:20 am   Permalink

Thanks KONA for such warm hospitality
and a BIG MAHALO to tobunga
for organizing this awesome event!
the joint was packed!
the vending was hopping
and the art was eye-popping!
Eric sold a great "KONA at night" piece to some lucky duck that eve!
that was my favorite!
Met a lotta newbies and got to hang with the oldies!
the enthusiasm/stoke/and inspiration choked the air!
Best surprise of the night was meeting Moss
the owner of Frankie's in Vegas!
it was rad to finally be able to speak with him in person
There are just too many friendly people in the scene!
What a kickin event!
bigtikidookie played some nice sets and added some mood-enhancing ambiance!
not enough Sabbath in those 70's speakers,tho!
Glad i could get all dem hugs from y'all!
i'll add them to the collection!

[ This Message was edited by: little lost tiki 2009-03-02 08:32 ]

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-02 11:39 am   Permalink

TOBUNGA and MANUEL! What an awesome job you guys did getting this show set up and coordinated. Thanks for letting me hang out with all you overachievers!

D

Ltd Edition Mugs & MORE!

Ltd Editions by Squid & Gecko

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-02 12:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-01 12:40, Swamp Fire wrote:
Wow! What a great time. It was fun seeing everyone and getting caught up. This is one of the reasons I moved out here, to be able to participate in events like this.

Eric, a big thank you for organizing this shin dig. Your art looks smashing.

Squidly, thanks for the awesome piece. I found a "CUTE" corner to hang my "CREEPY" Squid art, love it.

Doug I loved your piece, I was staring at it all night across the room from me.
it has a angry dark feel that none of your other pieces have.
and sometimes thats a good thing.

Go Tiki,
that is some great stuff you have there.
I would be more than happy to give it a home.
and play it at events.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blowtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-02 3:25 pm   Permalink

Tobunga: We love our Sam's plushy swordfish! Such a great idea & the make for great eating!

View Profile of blowtiki Send a personal message to blowtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-02 4:48 pm   Permalink

Whata kool Event man the Art WERK was Crazy Awsum Posum . Realy rad seeing Everyone , kids had a great time too . CHEERS EVERYONE !

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-02 4:49 pm   Permalink

any more of those Pillows my kids would love um .

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-03 6:52 pm   Permalink

What a fun time we had!! Picked up a few trinkets, had a few cocktails and caught up with everyone. Nice!

The art was great! We looked over and over at everything-wanted all of it!

I got an awesome tile pendant necklace from Stacey Morris/Happy Chi Jewelry...matches my tiki watch. Love it!!

SO glad I can spend my Summer weekends here!!

View Profile of Hau 'oli Tiki Send a personal message to Hau 'oli Tiki  Email Hau 'oli Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation