FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Feb. CHOP - that was FUN! - pics. pg. 3
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Feb. CHOP - that was FUN! - pics. pg. 3
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-02 09:44 am   Permalink

I've spoken with Mieko and Bill a I guess the best place to have the next CHOP is over at my cosa. This month is real booked up for me, so I'm hoping Sunday, Feb. 22nd works for everyone.

We've got a bunch of stuffs to glaze peoples...The Jab, Pops, Sam, Toe, Tobunga, Clysdalle, Eric the Red, and Bowana and Buzzy will have stuff done too. Let's round up the wagons boys!

Hopefully, someone will bring some wood to carve on...it is a CHOP after all

This should be a big one...Amy's got several folks from her work that are making this one, and we have some neighbors that are coming too...

If your new to a CHOP...Fear not! You are welcome to come and have some fun...Any type of craft from carving, painting, ceramics, beading, tattooing, knitting....hell, anything goes!

If you need my address, just drop me a PM.

[ This Message was edited by: Babalu 2009-02-22 06:36 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Babalu 2009-02-23 07:03 ]

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-02 11:45 am   Permalink

Awesome! I think I can make it... and I'll finally get to finish my mug!

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-02 1:52 pm   Permalink

Damn....I'll be up in Coasta Mesa with BigToe at the Musink Festival...Man, and so begins the show season. Hope to get to the next one.

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-02 9:02 pm   Permalink

Me! Bringing fabric that I'm stamping and painting and beadwork. I'll bring some extra in case anyone else wants to play with it, too. By the way, I'm open to carpooling (I can drive, no prob) from th OC area if anyone wants to share a ride.

[ This Message was edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-02-02 21:07 ]

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-02-02 9:11 pm   Permalink

Does wearing a Star Wars costume get you in for free?

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-02-03 11:18 am   Permalink

Woohoo Babalu! Finally a Chop 'n Slop on my weekend off. I should be able to make it and meet some of the fine TC peeps!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jab tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-03 12:27 pm   Permalink

Sweet!! A Sunday!
I shall be there. I think I'll work on my mug and bring some wood to CHOP.

View Profile of jab tiki Send a personal message to jab tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-03 1:45 pm   Permalink

Ooo, fabric stamping? that sounds neat! Looking forward to seeing what it's all about.

See you all on the 22nd!

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-03 1:49 pm   Permalink

I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to make it.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-03 4:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-02-03 13:45, mieko wrote:
Ooo, fabric stamping? that sounds neat! Looking forward to seeing what it's all about.

Hey Mieko! Bring your exacto knife and I'll bring some stuff to carve stamps out of, fabric and paint. I'm wondering what Tobunga carves his stamps out of? See ya then!

[ This Message was edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-02-03 16:20 ]

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-04 7:43 pm   Permalink

I second Mieko's "ooo, that sounds neat" about the fabric stamping!

Babs, count me in for this chop.

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-05 10:45 pm   Permalink

I'm in, man. Anyone want to carpool?(haha)

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Podmaker

Posted: 2009-02-07 10:57 am   Permalink

Hey, good timing! I'll be there with a mask I'm working on. Should I bring an extension cord for my Dremel?

Ellen has a new small sculpture series she's fiddling with, and she'll bring it. But she wants to pick your brain about clay.

See you there.

View Profile of Podmaker Send a personal message to Podmaker  Email Podmaker Goto the website of Podmaker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
H2O Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-02-07 2:39 pm   Permalink

Back in town, "Lemon Grove". If I can get Billy to pay for some gas for the car pool I'll be there. All is well on the open seas, I have some great pic's of sun rises & sets will post soon.

View Profile of H2O Tiki Send a personal message to H2O Tiki  Email H2O Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-11 07:16 am   Permalink

This is really gearing up to be a FUN ONE! Looks like Amy will be having around 4 folks from her work show up, and their is a few other neighbors besides Podmaker (extension cord - yes ) coming too...

Can't wait!

PS. If we can get a couple of people to bring pop ups, that would be very cool.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation