FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Feb. CHOP - that was FUN! - pics. pg. 3
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Feb. CHOP - that was FUN! - pics. pg. 3
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-21 6:23 pm   Permalink

Hey, sorry the Skinny Dog Crew won't be able to come...next time guys!

Well, this is shaping up to be a "large" CHOP. Lot's of PMs from new choppers that are coming, plus Amy has a crew coming too. If you can't find parking at the end of the cul-de-sac (that's where my house is)...you might have to park down towards the end of the street. It's not that long of a walk...just double park in front of my house, drop your stuff off where ever, and then go down and park.

Amy is actually making some kind of fruit, rum, punch thing? "heh?" Be nice and try it you tiki people. Amy is not big into traditional tiki drinks, but hey, it's going to be fruity and there will be rum in it. Besides that, if your going to booze it up a little tomorrow, it's a BYOB thing. I just polished up the hot dog cart and she is ready for action. I'm supplying the hot dogs, I've got some chip, sodas, waters, plates and stuff like that. If your game for bringing a little pot luck goodie of some kind, you will be loved and adored by all...but it is not necessary.

Amy's got the Mai-Tai knitting and beading club going to post up around this here table...

I set up the 14 foot table for clay and such...

The grass in the back yard has been trampled and is ready for some wood chips. Diane, thanks for bringing the pop-up...I want to put if over top of that distant table there by the door.

The Studio is also ready...

Weather says it will be cloudy...that's nice. Bring a light jacket and some workin' clothes.

Only 4 people out of the 36+ people that are coming wanted me to make a little clay canvas for them....alrighty, 4 it is then. You don't need one of these to play in clay, but if you want one holler now...I'm heading out to the studio to make them. Buzzy, you don't count...you make them faster than I do.

TOMORROW IS GOING TO ROCK!!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-21 6:29 pm   Permalink

Babs, I want to play with some clay, but I just need a lump of clay, not a mug blank.

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-02-21 6:38 pm   Permalink

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-02-21 7:36 pm   Permalink

Bowana will be doing a gurning demonstration with his electron microscope goggles

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-22 06:38 am   Permalink

Yes Sir, It don't cost nothin'.

TODAY! TODAY! TODAY!

Someone bring a camera....

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-02-22 07:48 am   Permalink

Leaving El Centro now with a gallon of chili and a gallon of full-sugar, full caffeine Pepsi

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-22 12:12 pm   Permalink

I'm sorry to be missing this - woke up with a migrane this morning, so I'm down for the count. (And no, I have not been drinking French Zombies again!) Hope you guys have fun and And I'll be sure to make the next one.

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-22 1:03 pm   Permalink

Barometric pressure changes...I hope your migraine passes quickly Kiki.
Babalu, sitting here working, wish i could have made it down, and wish you guys would have a webcam. Hope this grey weather does not intrude on your festivities.
But Hey, i will see you on March 7th, nudge nudge

[ This Message was edited by: oceaotica 2009-02-22 14:20 ]

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Musubi Mom
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-02-22 6:16 pm   Permalink

Great chop today in Lemon Grove some pics of the participants.

View Profile of Musubi Mom Send a personal message to Musubi Mom  Email Musubi Mom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Musubi Mom
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-02-22 6:20 pm   Permalink

Little mistake forgot this one,

View Profile of Musubi Mom Send a personal message to Musubi Mom  Email Musubi Mom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-02-22 7:10 pm   Permalink

Great first Chop for me, thanks Babalu & Amy for your gracious hospitality. The food was tasty, the tunes were eclectic, the company was awesome! Good to met you all, thanks!

Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-23 07:01 am   Permalink

Well now, that was fun huh! A great day had by all It was great to see all of the new faces that showed this time. It just wasn't the same however without Kate there...sorry you had to miss kiddo...next time.

Only time enough this morning to just throw these pics up...enjoy!

We forgot a group shot

Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-02-23 07:57 am   Permalink

Great turnout for the Chop, Babalu!
It was nice to meet so many new people, especially Mad Dog Mike who travelled from within 100 ft of hell and didn't even bring his shoes.

Bo Wowie

P.S. We missed you, Kate!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-23 08:07 am   Permalink

Bowana's got some mini aquatic creatures goin on there!
Stoked that Eric got his monkey bar a-frame glazed and ready for the kiln!
looks like you kids had a great time!
whose freemason belt buckle?
I'm guessing it's Crud's...
but is he really that cool?

Baba-you're a state treasure!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-24 06:51 am   Permalink

Sorry I missed all the fun & Thanks for the invite Babs. I've been under the weather so to speak but look forward to chopping with y'all again soon.

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation