FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Feedback wanted for Tiki Crawl 2009
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Feedback wanted for Tiki Crawl 2009
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-20 6:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-02-20 14:02, Unga Bunga wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-02-20 12:28, Jungle Trader wrote:
How about a stop at Trader's Jungle Outpost? Okay, I know it's a long shot.

That's because you never have any dancing girls.

Would you be happy if she just STOOD there?

sigh, I supress.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SuperEight
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-02 01:13 am   Permalink

Let's go wherever former Forbidden Island Martin is. Even if he is just setting up drinks on a cardboard box on the sidewalk it would be worth it.

View Profile of SuperEight Send a personal message to SuperEight  Email SuperEight     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kikkietiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-08 2:02 pm   Permalink

Is there a date set for the crawl? I would like to be a first-time crawler...

View Profile of Kikkietiki Send a personal message to Kikkietiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-08 4:57 pm   Permalink

We have roughed out a date for The Crawl, and have a rough itinerary laid out as well. We'll make an official announcement, or at least a "Save The Date" announcement soon. In the mean time, keep the feedback coming, especially on whether we should have an anchor hotel in San Francisco, or move it back to the East Bay.

We'd really like people's feedback on this, because we want The Crawl to be logistically easy for people to get around when they're on their own on a no bus day. A major advantage to having the anchor Hotel in San Francisco is that the people that stay there are already based in San Francisco, so they can conveniently get to the San Francisco locations on The Crawl on their own, and then for the East Bay day the bus will pick them up at that SF anchor hotel to take them to the East Bay. That, and the Phoenix is a cool hotel, but in a sketchy neighborhood - it made sense to use it as the anchor hotel when Trader Vic's San Francisco was right up the street.

But if we move the anchor hotel back to the East Bay, then more people can get more time at Forbidden Island if they want - in fact, if we choose an anchor hotel in Alameda, then people could get time in at Forbidden Island every night of The Crawl, if they so desired. A lot of Crawlers are requesting more time at Forbidden Island, so moving the anchor hotel to Alameda or Emeryville is one way to fulfill that request. But at the same time, if we move the anchor hotel to the East Bay, then people need to find a way to get to San Francisco, whether that is carpooling with a designated driver, or taking BART, or taking the ferry - the ferry terminal in Alameda is actually close to a nice hotel, and they serve drinks on the ferry to boot!

So those seem to be the two main arguements for where to place the anchor hotel - keep it in San Francisco to make it easier on everyone for San Francisco day, or move it to the East Bay so people can have more time at Forbidden Island (and Trader Vic's too). Please post your feelings about this, and any other feedback you want to give, and do it soon, because we want to roll out our announcement soon! Thanks!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kupcake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-09 09:28 am   Permalink

I haven't been on this crawl, yet, but AceyTiki and I are really trying to go to this years. We are going to be going to Tiki Oasis, so a date in October would mean we could go, while a date in September would mean we couldn't. I noticed from past crawls that seemed to be the two months that it would happen in.

Like the idea of an anchor hotel for us out of town guests. That way we all have a place to stay together and get to help each other back to our rooms.

Honestly, I don't get having a bar crawl without a bus. We have so many bar crawls in Portland and the bus ones are always the best. Don't have to worry about parking, walking to far in heels, or the dreaded DUII. It just makes everything so much easier.

View Profile of Tiki Kupcake Send a personal message to Tiki Kupcake  Goto the website of Tiki Kupcake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-09 09:42 am   Permalink

I vote for having an anchor hotel in the East Bay and having a bus for San Francisco day that picks up and drops off in the East Bay. That'll sure make the San Francisco leg easier for us East Bay locals who don't want to spend $$ on a hotel, and don't want to drive across the bridge after all that drinking.

I also vote for dropping Trad'r Sam's. It's so far from everything else, the drinks are bad, and the rest of the clientele hates us (oh, except for the one guy who was grabbing girls asses and pretending it was an accident). Seriously, what's the point?

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sammytiki

Posted: 2009-03-16 11:46 am   Permalink

Hawaii West is my FAVORITE North Beach dive! It being directly across the street from the police station makes for some very interesting clients. Always a good time there!

View Profile of Sammytiki Send a personal message to Sammytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-21 8:53 pm   Permalink

I would like to recommend a stop at the location of the original Trader Vic's on "Trader Vic Lane" (aka: Cosmo Street/Lane?) in downtown San Francisco. For a while now, there has been a lovely tropical-Asian restaurant called "Le Colonial" in the original building. They serve some tropical style drinks. (I had a lychee martini.) Anyway, I think it would make for an interesting stop in the tour so everyone can see the building and take their photo under the "Trader Vic Lane" sign. Go do a location scout before you put this on the tour schedule. I was last there just over a year ago, and things may have changed since then.

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation