FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » small wood carving from France. Summer update p. 44
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 Next Page )
small wood carving from France. Summer update p. 44
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-17 5:30 pm   Permalink

Niiiiiiiiice! Friggin' NICE! Beautiful work.

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-17 6:04 pm   Permalink

More Great stuff Laojia. we're so used to seeing these guys all in in Green and I'm happy to say they look Incredible in Black.That Manaia would be great over on this side of the Pond!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-18 12:39 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-11-17 11:48, laojia wrote:

Manaia, tail side

Jérôme.

Di I tell you that I fell off my chair when I look at this masterpiece ?

Crazy stuff there, Sir Laojia.

J'adore,

B.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-18 03:09 am   Permalink

Great looking pieces in the ebony!

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Customkiis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-11-18 10:17 am   Permalink

Gotta love you choice in woods! That pink ivory is some really nice stuff. Got my eye on a piece, for a mallet. Having a hard time spending $60, but it would be really pretty! .

Love you little guys on the bench and the mermaid looking ebony piece. I originally thought the little guys would take less time. WRONG! especially if you don't have the right tools.

View Profile of Customkiis Send a personal message to Customkiis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-19 1:49 pm   Permalink

Well, it was a good afternoon, a cold sunny day of november, alone in my workshop...

TikiG, thank's for comment! I also like seeing pictures of work in progress, we learn much...

Andy, big, very big thank you for the compliment!!! Now I am indebted...
And... sorry, but what's the meaning of Ka pai ?

Surfin', thannnxxxx!

BenZ, thank you too! "That Manaia would be great over on this side of the Pond!" I took notes...

Bennno! So back on your chair, I just finished polishing!!! Thank you bro'! I await yours...

Mango, thank you! And thank's for inspiration, you are also somewhat responsible for this.

Customkiis, thank's for stopping here! Await to see some pieces from you...

Back to the workshop:

Few week ago, my father gave me a hunk of a curious wood, heavy, red and yellow coloured . He don't know what is it, just that come on a packaging to throw away...
I tried a few cuts, it appears suitable for carving.

A matau already finished

More to come...

The second Hawaïan tiki almost finished (without sanding!)

Oopps! I almost forgot ...
Polished Manaia, arm side...

And finally Pekapeka:

Thank's for looking

Have a nice weekend!

Jérôme.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-19 1:51 pm   Permalink

Really nice work Jerome. I really like your ebony Manaia, very cool.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-19 4:54 pm   Permalink

like candy......oh, gman likee!

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-19 5:48 pm   Permalink

Yes, that found wood is very beautiful indeed! Discovering the beauty of the grain as you cut into a piece is a large part of the joy of carving in my opinion. Oh yes,as always, your carvings rock!

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drasticwagon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-20 05:34 am   Permalink

I like your workshop, especially your stand.

View Profile of drasticwagon Send a personal message to drasticwagon  Goto the website of drasticwagon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-20 07:18 am   Permalink

Excellnt stuff there Jerome, HOWEVER I think you are Mistaken about being alone in your cold shop. I See Many tikis standing/laying around watching, helping you! Also I'm Positive the Ancient Souls are busy there. So continue on alone in your cold shop.......

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-20 1:00 pm   Permalink

looks like cocabola

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-20 5:30 pm   Permalink

Some beautiful carving you are doing these days Jerome!

You should be very proud of all of them, wonderful finishes and precision cuts!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-23 9:43 pm   Permalink

Thank's for looking everybody!

All your responses encouraged me to move forward, always in search of inspiration and hunk of wood where I could do something...

Thank you Conga, I think this piece is quite successful. And I still have a little Ebony... Case to follow!

Glad you like Gman! I see that you've not passed the age of candy...

Amate, thank's for the comp! You're right when you wrote about the discovering beauty of the grain wood: a really joy for all woodworker !

Hey BenZ, it's right what we are never completely alone when we carve... But is what you think the Ancient Souls could do something for heating? It would make me good service... Thank's for the comp'!

Look like cocobola, more clear and much less expensive! Thank's for reply Pdrake!

Thank you Dave! You know I just try to make the precision cut, the wonderful finishes are come with quality of wood. Say thank you to Mother Nature, there is nothing more than polishing for finishing.

Sorry no pics update for this week...

Have a nice day!

Jérôme.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-24 2:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-11-19 13:49, laojia wrote:
The second Hawaïan tiki almost finished (without sanding!)

Jérôme.

Yeah, this little guy is coming along great. Nice set of chisels too.

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation