FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » small wood carving from France. 2014 update... P 45
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 Next Page )
small wood carving from France. 2014 update... P 45
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-19 6:21 pm   Permalink

Wow! That Tang is Stylin'! And the finish is perfect.
Nice Rei Puta pieces too, spread across the ocean no less...they should be in every corner of the globe!! World dominance!!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-19 7:01 pm   Permalink

Well done on the Tang! I like the face tapered at a point and
that finish job looks great.(chips are good)

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-19 7:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-07-15 22:11, laojia wrote:

Perfect! He looks so calm and wise. Zen-Tang!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-23 3:43 pm   Permalink

- Thank you Clarita and Bennno! OK for the bench, anyway I've been on the beach:

-Surfin'Dave! World dominance!! I would not go that far, otherwise I will not have time for my day nap. Thank you for kind words, especially for the Tang, you're making some so beautiful.

-Seeksurf, thank you too! Glad you like chips...

-4WBill, I think you saw right, motion passed:

Many thank's!

News from the bench:

A scarface Moai in Birch:

In fact, the scarface is an internal crack. It was not visible when I start. Curious thing, I also have a small scar at the same place due to a cut when I was in school ...

A Tang carved in a hard and old (100 years) plank of Scots Pine:

Despite its age the timber is still full of sap and spread a very pleasant smell. But what a bitch to work!

there are still finishing on this one, the wood does not sanding, all the papers clog with sap, even the blades become dirty.

That's all for today!
Thank's for looking and have a nice day!

Jérôme.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-23 4:38 pm   Permalink

I love the Scottish Tang! Great use of the wood's dimensions. And the zebra-like grain is poppin'. Hope you use a light stain so it still shows!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigodz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-23 6:46 pm   Permalink

Very nice that grain looks awesome!!

View Profile of tikigodz Send a personal message to tikigodz  Email tikigodz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-23 10:06 pm   Permalink

All great works, but I love the Tang the most!

That's where your wild woodgrain is coming from... there's so much sap in that guy!

Careful if you hit it with a torch... that sap goes up quickly!

Also, sometimes the stain has a hard time drying on super sappy pieces... it can't soak in as good.

If you want to remove some of the gummy surface so you can sand easier, try a citrus based cleaner and rub it on.
Or just try some cut limes or lemons and rub off with a clean cloth. I've used it with success on logs that would weep sap and make a sticky mess.

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer 2010-07-23 22:08 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-24 08:33 am   Permalink

You are producing some absolutely beautiful work. That Zen-Tang is nothing short of world class! Just marvelous!!!!!!!!!

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-26 7:28 pm   Permalink

Right on! the Moai scar is crazy and the thin tang is so cool. I love the grain.
Everyone says the pine does not carve well, but after seeing this YOU made it look
like gold.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-29 08:01 am   Permalink

Greetings Master in disguise
Thanks SO Much for the b-day present and wishes!!!!

I Love all the Tikis in the bed photo, Hell, Love all the TOOLZ Too!

This Zen-Tang is the sweetest one I think there ever was, Just excellent work!

However THIS one on the Right has to be the Coolest one on the page since it is hanging 'round my neck right now.
Jerome, Thanks Many times for the Birthday present and wishes, You are an OK guy,, HappyHappyHappy

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-29 08:18 am   Permalink

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful work! Thanks so much for posting.

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-29 08:46 am   Permalink

Love that scotts pine Tang, everything else too. Nice relief carving
hanging in the background too.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-29 7:12 pm   Permalink

Oh Yeah, Love the Scott Pine Tiki too, And scarface has a Cool history.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-30 3:04 pm   Permalink

Oh ok if you can go to the beach and update like that, i'm ok with it then
Great new ones, the moai, the present for the chief and that 100 years old plank of Scots Pine looks amazing!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-01 10:17 pm   Permalink

Well, full of work in the workshop these few day. Some Tiki, some furniture, lot of dust and chips but no more pics. All is started and nothing finished... An happy mess!
I hope make an update with full of pics soon, when the days will count 36 hours...

-Thank's for the comp' Bill, no stain for this Tang, a natural finishing, just polished. A pic below... It will be hung in the small office of my wife.

-Tikigodz, thankz !

-Thank you for kind words and precious advises Dave! I found the back of the shop an old bottle of citrus-based thinner. This helped me a lot, also to clean the blades. Thank you again.

-"Zen-Tang is nothing short of world class!" WOW... Thank you Amate! I'm glad to see your new work.

- Seek-Master-of-log, thank you too! The Scots pine has given me right from wrong and even more to my gouges, three completely re-sharpening. Now it is finished I'm really happy, especially since it's a holiday memory, this piece of wood come from Portugal. Thank's again for the kind words!

- Da BenZ! Thank's for reply and comp'! Also glad you like it this little gift. I hope you post a photo as well done as this
one . Thank's again for support Sensei carver!

-Thank's thank's thank's TikiG!

-Conga, thank you. The relief carving hanging was carved by my father 30 years ago in three exemplary. This represents a thistle around a cross of Lorraine, the region where we live.

- Thank's for the comp' Clarita! I have already started using these little things from the beach, news soon. And the plums are ripe soon ... Stay tuned.

Thank's all for looking!
Have a nice day!

Jérôme.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation