FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Ellly first carving attempts
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Ellly first carving attempts
Ellly
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-04-11 11:52 pm   Permalink

Thnak you Benzart ! So it's Jade, it has all the characters you told... translucent too.
As it is a relief, I had some problems in the deep zones, I don't understand yet wich burr I have to use to make that perfectly plane.So I have to continue sanding?
Ok.. I'll post soon other carvings made in this period ! Ciao to everybody, now some chocolate eggs with the surprise inside are waiting for me and my daughter... milk chocolate for her
bitter for me!
Happy Easter!

View Profile of Ellly Send a personal message to Ellly      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-12 2:25 pm   Permalink

Very nice small stone! You progress quickly, it is also very small?

And don't abuse of chocolate eggs !!!

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ellly
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-04-12 2:58 pm   Permalink

ciao! Thank you:-) yes there are some eggs here around...I'll try to eat just a little....
the stone is bigger this time
about 3,5- 4 cm and I have the sensation to have a lot of space to fill..
strange feeling..
ciao

View Profile of Ellly Send a personal message to Ellly      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-12 5:13 pm   Permalink

Ellly, on those Bottom planes where there is no carving, maybe you could intro some type of texture as long as it is fairly consistent but unexpected, like using a small ball bur or anything to create a slight pattern. With that hard jade though it IS difficult.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ellly
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-04-13 10:44 am   Permalink

Ciao! Oh so it was difficult... good, I'll try to do this pattern but it's a mess looking into water flowing... all right, next manaia I'd like to cut from part to part
let me answer the question: first I make a hole with a cilindrical burr, then I enlarge it with the same until I reach the narrower zones and I use a conical.. isnt it?
Ciao I go to sketch some new stones, I'm hungry of jade's slices (but mine look more like bread for hamburgers..

Ellly
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-04-20 1:29 pm   Permalink

Helllo to everybody...
Very busy with school, but still working every moment is possible. so I post some shots, of the little things I've been carving
Always thank you for your words : D

an egyptian cat

and some other very old stuffs from prehistory since byzantine period..

hope you like
Have a nice day.. I go to sleep it's 10.30 p.m. here
Ciao

TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-20 2:23 pm   Permalink

Nice! Love the cat! And also the black one with the fish!

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-20 5:02 pm   Permalink

Wow you are coming along fast!

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-12 05:24 am   Permalink

Gee Ellly, I Hope you aren't still Sleeping, Wake up and get back to work, we're missing your posts and I just KNOW You have more stuff to show us?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ellly
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-14 10:34 pm   Permalink

Ciao to everybody! I'm back, ciao Benzart ! I have been too busy with the school year. Now I have some days free and then back with tests for the degree..
But in the meantime Ancients come back Ben... and I post what I tryed. I'm working now on simmetry that is a problem for me , I prefer free forms, and I's really a match.
So ready to have your suggestions...

these are marine motives from the hellenic history and a lotus flower, very used in egyptian life...

my first tiki on urchine ... thank you Ben you opened my mind...

and that's all right now, but, other stones are on the bench...
Kisses from a very warm Sicily Island
Ellly

laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-15 12:13 pm   Permalink

Two month without posting but full of good working!!!

Your tikis in sea urchin spine was very beautifull! You find the way!!

And your collection of small carved stone... Very fine work! Especially the second green stone, same ground what one of your first carving with better better result!

What is your method of polishing?

Take care of you under the warm sun of sicilia!

J.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ellly
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-15 1:36 pm   Permalink

Ciao Laojia! Thank you for your words! I use paper 600, 800, 1000 1200 and a lot of work... that's all! Happy that you like my little stones!
I like a lot your working station and your instruments, and the beautiful wood creations you carve!
Yes I have to be very careful with sun ...two years ago sea water was warm sun was hot, I was surfing and I didn't realize it ...and I was sick with fever for a week.I was so bad...
I take care now more than before
Ciao!

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-21 08:24 am   Permalink

Excellent works Ellly, I see Way more crisp detail in this new batch of Stuff. and the Urchin spine pieces are Excellent, i Love the depth you are going to.

There are so many posts here if i don't look down the page I can miss SO Much great stuff. I'm Happy you are able to get back to carving again.

Ellly
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-22 12:55 pm   Permalink

oh Benz, now I feel better.. You know, your words are for me the compass that brings sailors safe in unknown seas.. I can go ahead on this route..
Thanks so much!
Tomorrow I'm back working at school, I will have short times on the bench, but I have a great energy and I'll try to work.. I'll keep in touch. Kisses from sunny Sicily Island
Eleonora

Ellly
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-07-13 1:59 pm   Permalink

Ciao to everybody! And a special ciao for Benz! Hope your hand is fixing quickly and you feel better, and ready to work again! Here I post some little works done in these busy days. Hope you like
Kisses

the pomegranate with three seeds is in the myth of Demetra and Kore, a beautiful myth 'happened' a long time ago in greek Sicily...

Ciao

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation