Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Travel Keigs in Concord Cali Feb10-21 for work
Keigs in Concord Cali Feb10-21 for work
keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-07 12:45 pm   Permalink

I will be working in Concord Caifornia for a few weeks. Dont know much about the place but hey, I will be there. PM me and fill me in if you want....

View Profile of keigs20 Send a personal message to keigs20  Email keigs20 Goto the website of keigs20     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-07 3:43 pm   Permalink

Ken, Concord is not far from The Conga Lounge and Forbidden Island. If you're going to go, let me know when.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-07 4:35 pm   Permalink

...also the Kona Club

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes

Posted: 2009-02-08 2:40 pm   Permalink

i'll probably have a better chance catching up with you in CA than right here in WA. i'll be in SF Feb 12-17 (with Trader Pup for a dogshow on sun/mon in san jose).

you have my cell, so when you have a plan, let me know! i'll have a car & im staying in San Bruno

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tacky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-08 5:48 pm   Permalink

Concord is close to Emeryville TV's, too! Heck, you could hit the Tiki Tom's, head to Oakland, Alameda, Emeryville, head over the bay bridge and hit the tiki establishments there! Somebody's got to be your tiki tourguide!

Tacky

View Profile of Tacky Tiki Send a personal message to Tacky Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-08 7:32 pm   Permalink

thanks for the info and replies. At the moment I am in Myrtle creek Oregon. My Company truck broke down so I probably wont be in Cali till late tomorrow night. I will pm and call when I have a better idea of what my schedule is.
Thanks for the replies.

View Profile of keigs20 Send a personal message to keigs20  Email keigs20 Goto the website of keigs20     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-09 11:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-02-08 17:48, Tacky Tiki wrote:
Concord is close to Emeryville TV's, too! Heck, you could hit the Tiki Tom's, ...

Tacky

Why am I not surprised that the person recommending hitting Tiki Tom's has the word "Tacky" in their name?

Seriously, don't waste your time on Tiki Tom's, either the one in Walnut Creek, or the one in Oakland. The only decent thing about either place is the service and the somewhat appropriate live music on weekends. The drinks are nasty and the decor utilizes lots of cheap mass-produced balinese masks, some Florida-style, brightly-colored, big-toothed tikis, large television screens showing sports, and lots of neon beer signs. The food is only so-so.

If you want to make the most of your tiki time in the Bay Area, focus on Forbidden Island and Trader Vic's Emeryville. If you still have time after that, and haven't been there in a while, a happy hour stop at the Tonga Room wouldn't hurt. The Conga Lounge isn't bad, and the best part is that you can get pizza from downstairs delivered in the lounge. The only thing going for the Kona Club is the decor and its proximity to Vic Bergeron's final resting place. Just about everything else about it is wrong, including the music selection, the pool table, and the clientele.

Hope this helps.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-02 08:59 am   Permalink

thanks for all the info. I finaly seen FI and had a good time meeting all the peeps.
Also Thanks Jungle trader for giving me a tour of your amazing backyard and hanging out at the local tiki bars.

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-02 11:26 am   Permalink

You're always welcome. Glad you're home safe with the family.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation