FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Hung a 12'x14' tapa cloth on my ceiling! Another one 4/20 (heh, heh)!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Hung a 12'x14' tapa cloth on my ceiling! Another one 4/20 (heh, heh)!
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-10 07:27 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-02-10 07:22, RevBambooBen wrote:
I like how it's Not Perfect!

(just my 2 cents)

Congrats PTD!

Ben,

That's not fair...some advise perhaps, please! Define perfect??

Loving it anywayz!

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-11 9:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-02-10 07:27, Psycho Tiki D wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-02-10 07:22, RevBambooBen wrote:
I like how it's Not Perfect!

(just my 2 cents)

Congrats PTD!

Ben,

That's not fair...some advise perhaps, please! Define perfect??

Loving it anywayz!

PTD

PTD,

I like it!

"Perfect" has " No Reason" in "Tiki!"

No advise needed.

Keep up the good work!

more. More. MORE!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-12 05:44 am   Permalink

Thanks Ben,

I appreciate all of the feedback I have received thus far, but I respect your opinion most of all. Either the ribbing about the ceiling or the lack of continuity in the room was my inspiration, but in the end it really makes a difference.

Mahalo,

D

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-20 4:45 pm   Permalink

Hung a smaller one up for tikihammer today...

This one is 6'x6'. Am in the finishing phases of repainting, reflooring and remoulding the room.

tikihammer is a cartographer, so this one with the compass point fits nice in the room and goes well with the Witco headboard!

Later,

PTD

Koitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-22 8:15 pm   Permalink

Psycho Tiki, Love the tapa you used on your ceiling. Been working on my own room and searching for some tapa with those colors - only tones of brown. Don't need that big though, only need two about 4'x8'. Will be heading to OA in a few weeks (from out of state), but they have told me over the phone that they only have tapa with black, similar to the smaller one in your post. Can you tell me where you found yours?

View Profile of Koitiki Send a personal message to Koitiki  Email Koitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-23 05:35 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-04-22 20:15, Koitiki wrote:
Psycho Tiki, Love the tapa you used on your ceiling. Been working on my own room and searching for some tapa with those colors - only tones of brown. Don't need that big though, only need two about 4'x8'. Will be heading to OA in a few weeks (from out of state), but they have told me over the phone that they only have tapa with black, similar to the smaller one in your post. Can you tell me where you found yours?

These were all purchased at my local flea market. The bigger ones I bought from a lady who had purchased a storage unit at auction. The other two smaller pieces were purchased at the same flea market from another seller. I used to see tapa more frequently before I was into tiki and still see them on occasion.

PTD

Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-23 05:50 am   Permalink

Nice job, looks great. I super-dig the bead-curtain-thing, I've never seen that before.

www.robbhamel.com

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Koitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-24 2:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-04-23 05:35, Psycho Tiki D wrote:

These were all purchased at my local flea market. The bigger ones I bought from a lady who had purchased a storage unit at auction. The other two smaller pieces were purchased at the same flea market from another seller. I used to see tapa more frequently before I was into tiki and still see them on occasion.

PTD

Thanks PTD. I'm assuming you're talking about a flea market in California. I got a sweet deal on the bamboo for my room from Craigslist, but have yet to find a good flea market around Austin. Really missing the Rose Bowl flea market about now. Wonder if that's as good as it used to be.

View Profile of Koitiki Send a personal message to Koitiki  Email Koitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-23 12:53 pm   Permalink

Hey Duane...I found a contractor who is willing to install the tapa on my ceiling. I bought that 10x12 foot piece from Mike so this is going to be a huge job. I was thinking of having the tapa glued to my ceiling and then next year forking out for some bamboo grids and other options to finish it off. Will send you an email for advice and going to share this thread with the contractor. Your pictures and directions will be a great help.

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2012-06-23 13:17 ]

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation