FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Mug Book Signing at La Luz de Jesus Gallery - 7th March
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Tiki Mug Book Signing at La Luz de Jesus Gallery - 7th March
Kon-Tiki Viking
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-02-20 2:04 pm   Permalink

Hi folks. Just wanted to add some images from the book and say that it would be great to make this night not just a book launch but also a celebration of the mug makers and their art. I'm hoping that a lot of the guys whose mugs are featured in the books will be able to attend and sign books too....anyway, I'll post more updates soon...Mahalo, Jay.

View Profile of Kon-Tiki Viking Send a personal message to Kon-Tiki Viking      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-20 2:54 pm   Permalink

The Photos in this book look amazing.
who did them?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Tiki Viking
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-02-20 3:14 pm   Permalink

Yes, we were real lucky in having some fantastic photographers work on the book. The great thing about all the photographers is that they are all big Tiki fans and collectors, so their love of the subject matter really shows in their work. All the individual credits are in the back of the book but I and the publishers owe a big thank you to the hardworking Jonpaul Balak, Dan Cevola, Duane Jones, Sven Kirsten, Martin Shaw, Nick Grant, David Dye, Greg Burmann, Martin McIntosh, Annene Kaye and all the mug artists who supplied photos of their creations.

View Profile of Kon-Tiki Viking Send a personal message to Kon-Tiki Viking      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-20 4:27 pm   Permalink

Jay,
Thanks for the update.
It poses the question that I ask here, what mug artists are going to make it to the opening?
Hopefully this opening will be a unique opportunity to get a large portion of mug artists under one roof. I know I am looking forward to getting to interact with the artists and get some signatures, and hopefully meet a couple of them that i have only spoken to on here. I also look forward to getting a chance to actually read some passages, as the little preview at Tiki Ti a couple weeks back was a quick flip through.
We have company in town, but we will definitely get to the show for a bit. I want to take this spot to thank Jay for the monstrous amount of man hours and passion he put into this book, and his efforts to show what an interesting, varied and unique art form this is. I also want to thank Sven, Greg, Annene, and Jonesy for their beautiful photography and their efforts to make my stuff look good.
Hope to catch a lot of TCer's there and make with the conversation while waiting for the opportunity to get some signatures.
p.s. for fans of the Ghastly Ones mug put out by Tiki Farm, I spoke to Norman, AKA Baron Shivers (designer and sculptor of that mug) earlier today. He is going to try and make it to the release party early, but is hosting and the Ghastly Ones are playing at the Bordello that night, so it will be a quick stop if he can make it.

[ This Message was edited by: oceaotica 2009-02-20 16:47 ]

[ This Message was edited by: oceaotica 2009-02-20 16:53 ]

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuckieshaft
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-20 6:17 pm   Permalink

Just booked my flight. Sorry in advance if Im wasted.

View Profile of stuckieshaft Send a personal message to stuckieshaft  Goto the website of stuckieshaft     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-20 6:43 pm   Permalink

Stuckie, goes without saying for me as well

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuckieshaft
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-20 7:49 pm   Permalink

Who made that Fez wearing baboon mug?

View Profile of stuckieshaft Send a personal message to stuckieshaft  Goto the website of stuckieshaft     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-20 8:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-02-20 15:14, Kon-Tiki Viking wrote:
Yes, we were real lucky in having some fantastic photographers work on the book. The great thing about all the photographers is that they are all big Tiki fans and collectors, so their love of the subject matter really shows in their work. All the individual credits are in the back of the book but I and the publishers owe a big thank you to the hardworking Jonpaul Balak, Dan Cevola, Duane Jones, Sven Kirsten, Martin Shaw, Nick Grant, David Dye, Greg Burmann, Martin McIntosh, Annene Kaye and all the mug artists who supplied photos of their creations.

Thanks for the info sir.
I will be there to get a book.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-20 9:02 pm   Permalink

so

I say meet at tiki ti at 4 pm.
go over to the event when it starts.

then some split to go to the Ghastly Ones show

and others head back over to the Tiki Ti.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2009-02-20 21:03 ]

LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-20 9:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-02-20 19:49, stuckieshaft wrote:
Who made that Fez wearing baboon mug?

That's Babalu's work. You can see some progress shots in this thread:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=24647&forum=18&start=165

Ovarian Cancer Research

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-20 9:23 pm   Permalink

aye!

Is gonna be packed!!!

aye!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-21 12:17 am   Permalink

Cass and Miles, it's on! Jay the book is AMAZING! Loved it!!@! I am honored to have been included.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NOTCH
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-21 09:09 am   Permalink

I got the date marked of And I'm skipping work to go!
I can only imagine how much fun its going to be !!
Now if I could only get all the mug Artist to put there hand in my VISE!!!
AHHHHH!!!!huh. Anyway, its going to be great to hangout with all the artist and TCers at the show.
=Notch=

[ This Message was edited by: NOTCH 2009-02-21 09:11 ]

View Profile of NOTCH Send a personal message to NOTCH  Email NOTCH     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-21 11:02 am   Permalink

Wow, I'm all giddy this morning for sure that one of my mugs made the cut to be included in this book. It truly, truly is an honor to have my work shown along side all of these heavy hitters.

I'm going to try my best to get up there for this book signing. It would be a hoot to hang with all of you guys.

JonesEy...your da BOMB! Nice shooting brother.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-02-21 4:21 pm   Permalink

Congrats all see ya there!! Tiki Ti First? We have too...

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation