FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Mug Book Signing at La Luz de Jesus Gallery - 7th March
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Tiki Mug Book Signing at La Luz de Jesus Gallery - 7th March
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-21 5:24 pm   Permalink

Front To Cover, Awesome! Very Well Done Jay! Thank you JonPaul Balak for doing my pictures, I enjoyed reading about all the artist, Including myself! Thanks again Jay for including Go Tiki, Cheers To You! Gogo
Ohana Since September 17 2002, Member #434

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-22 1:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-02-21 16:21, Hiphipahula wrote:
Congrats all see ya there!! Tiki Ti First? We have too...

considering that the Tiki Ti opens at 4 pm now,
I think it would be silly to not meet up there before hand.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2009-02-25 10:37 am   Permalink

Looks like I'm scoring a ride with Notch, so I will be there and will be mucho inebriated(I finally get to go to Tiki Ti!).
I might also be bringing some stuff, so talk to me personally if yer interested. See ya there!

www.tikikaimuki.com

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-02-27 5:53 pm   Permalink

I'll be there! Can't wait to see the book! So far it looks amazing.

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Tiki Viking
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-01 10:41 pm   Permalink

With copies reportedly about to ship out to Amazon, I've just got time to post a couple more images before people start seeing the real thing for themselves...Can't wait for Saturday...

View Profile of Kon-Tiki Viking Send a personal message to Kon-Tiki Viking      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-01 11:01 pm   Permalink

I can't wait til Saturday either Jay !

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-02 10:34 am   Permalink

Our room is reserved. We will hopefully be at Tiki Ti waiting...openopenopen. Can't wait for this!

www.tikikaimuki.com

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-02 12:27 pm   Permalink

ok here's the Itinerary for the evening.

Pioneer chicken at 3:30
Tiki Ti at 4
La Luz de Jesus at 6
and Ghastly Ones at Bordello in downtown on 1st street at 10 pm.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-02 6:15 pm   Permalink

looks like umbrellas will be in order, today the extended forecast mentions a 50% chnace of rain on the 7th

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-02 7:41 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-03 09:09 am   Permalink

Joe is that for the possible rain, or for the drinks at tiki ti before hand?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-03 10:33 am   Permalink

All I know is that a trip to Tommy's is a must when I'm down there. Chili burgers rule!

www.tikikaimuki.com

Tiki Teach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-03 10:48 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2009-03-03 10:33, TIKI KAIMUKI wrote:
All I know is that a trip to Tommy's is a must when I'm down there. Chili burgers rule!

http://www.originaltommys.com/tommys_location_hollywood.php open 24 hours

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&q=pioneer+chicken+la+90027&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&view=text&ei=J3mtSansJo2aiQP9stikAQ&cd=1&sll=34.089912,-118.309387&sspn=0.077143,0.125693&latlng=34096317,-118284729,5441770652338194326 open til mid-night

View Profile of Tiki Teach Send a personal message to Tiki Teach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-03 4:14 pm   Permalink

Keep your eyes out on Saturday at the show as well because 3 other attendees and I will be walking around with one of my new, unseen mugs. Though they are all the same mug, the 4 mugs will all be different because they are being finished by 4 different artists, Notch, Tiki Kaimuki, Miles from Munktiki, and myself. Each artist will be sticking his own spin on the mug, and hand signing it as well. I do not want to give anything away, but its a departure from my usual style and think its really gonna bowl the crowds over. i am firing these tonight so i will know tomorrow if they are in the bag.

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJLee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-03 6:07 pm   Permalink

EVENT UPDATES:

Trader Vic's will be supplying the Mai Tais for FREE - just remember to tip your server!

Link to event listing on Flavorpill by the awesome Tanja Laden:

http://flavorpill.com/losangeles/events/2009/3/7/tiki-mugs-cult-artifacts-of-polynesian-pop

Link to YouTube video of Holden and Jay discussing the book (sorry if this has already been posted, I just looked through posts and so much is going on here I literally forgot what I just saw...it is one of those days!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fooX8LTcxcI

Link to event press release on the LJP website:

http://leejosephpublicity.com/show/tikimugs

See you on Saturday - I'll DJing the Ghastly Ones event at Bordello after the signing event and need to get there in one piece so more Mai Tais for you

www.dionysusrecords.com

Join me for "Over Under Sideways Down" on LuxuriaMusic.com Wednesdays, 3-5 PM Pacific

View Profile of DJLee Send a personal message to DJLee  Goto the website of DJLee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation