FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Mug Book Signing at La Luz de Jesus Gallery - 7th March
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Tiki Mug Book Signing at La Luz de Jesus Gallery - 7th March
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-03 6:24 pm   Permalink

I was just in there today to see if the books where already available to ensure I get a couple copies before the mad dash on Saturday. The answer is no and won't be until mid day on Saturday.

They had a end cap set with some cheap mass produce tiki junk. Also there were people working on setting up the gallery which I'm uncertain if it was just for their usual art or for the book signing.

I'm looking forward to this! Especially since it's blocks away from me casa. I would invite people over for drinks but our home bar is still pending by my lazy arse.

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-03 7:07 pm   Permalink

It's on.

Are we there yet?

www.tikikaimuki.com

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
geedavee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-03 7:18 pm   Permalink

I will definitely be there.

Can't wait.

View Profile of geedavee Send a personal message to geedavee  Goto the website of geedavee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-03 9:50 pm   Permalink

after party?

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=31515&forum=17&0

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-04 12:17 pm   Permalink

opened the kiln, and was pleasantly surprised. With no testing, the 4 color mix for the glaze came out spot on for what i was shooting for. So we will indeed be walking around with these. They are pretty large, most likely will hold at least two mai tais.
Though they will be holding mai tais saturday night, the image these are based on traditionally holds something else.
Alright gotta get some lunch, enough teasers, see you saturday night!

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-04 1:25 pm   Permalink

has anyone heard form Jonpaul about whether or not he is going to make it on Saturday, I know he lives a few hours away (haha), but hopefully he can make it.

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-04 5:03 pm   Permalink

The books are in and Dibroc's dropping off the Trader Vic's mai-tai mix & rum
tomorrrow to the tune of 60 gallons! The Sparklett's Mai-Tai machine will be seeing some action indeed!

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-04 9:56 pm   Permalink

Hey Cass(sp?)
Jonpaul said he would be at all of the events that night.
tiki ti, book event, and Ghastly Ones,
but sadly he wont go with me to Pioneer chicken.
guess he doesn't like fried Rat.
wtf?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-04 10:21 pm   Permalink

Wow! Sounds like this event is gonna be so much FUN!!! The book looks freakin' AWESOME!

So who's gonna be at Tiki Ti beforehand, and when?

BigTikiDude? Hiphipahula?

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-05 2:14 pm   Permalink

HELLS YEAH!

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
geedavee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-05 3:00 pm   Permalink

If I can get in, I will be there.

View Profile of geedavee Send a personal message to geedavee  Goto the website of geedavee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-05 4:19 pm   Permalink

I can't wait to scour their bookstore area again!

oh ya! and see the mug people!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-05 6:30 pm   Permalink

Living in Southern California is the way to go. We are missing so much up here.

Hey Jay, Dan has been having fun teasing me because he got credit for taking the photos in the book. I took the photos, he was the gofer who brought each art object from the collection to the velvet covered table for me to photograph.

Every day I love the book more. You did a wonderful write up to go with the photos, thank you for all the hard work. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGeeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-05 8:17 pm   Permalink

Can't wait... note to self: bring LOTS of cash!

View Profile of TikiGeeki Send a personal message to TikiGeeki  Goto the website of TikiGeeki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-06 01:03 am   Permalink

I'm in.

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation