Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Orchids of Hawaii Fu Manchu R-82 Marks
Orchids of Hawaii Fu Manchu R-82 Marks
ukutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-25 5:49 pm   Permalink

Would anyone know the significance of the two different markings on the Orchids of Hawaii Fu Manchu mug? One has the R-82 and one does not. Thanks.

View Profile of ukutiki Send a personal message to ukutiki  Email ukutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-25 5:56 pm   Permalink

Aloha and welcome aboard. Not sure about the different markings. Could be early and late production dates of the mug. I'm sure some one here can help out though.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-25 8:27 pm   Permalink

You should post some pics. It may be that the two mugs you have in mind were not both produced by Orchids; OMC and Dynasty also produced versions of the Fu Manchu.

Ovarian Cancer Research

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ukutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-25 8:32 pm   Permalink

There are examples of both of these mugs on Ooga-Mooga. Just bring up all the pictures for Orchids of Hawaii Fu Manchu mugs. Here is the URL http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/pictures.cgi?mode=gallery&mug_id=56

View Profile of ukutiki Send a personal message to ukutiki  Email ukutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-26 07:57 am   Permalink

I think LOLTiki meant you need to post pictures of your mugs. Ooga-Mooga is great for reference, but that won't help us with your particular mug identification.

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ukutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-26 11:52 am   Permalink

Here is the Orchids of Hawaii Fu Manchu mug in my collection. As you can see it does not have the R-82 mark on the bottom. What is the difference between the ones with the R-82 mark and those without it....age, slight difference in design???? I do not own one with the mark. Thanks for you comments.

Teadoir
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-01-04 3:25 pm   Permalink

I've the same mug with no model mark, so I've the same question.

View Profile of Teadoir Send a personal message to Teadoir      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ukutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-04 3:39 pm   Permalink

Since posting my original question, I have acquired an additional R-82. Both have the R-82 mark but one is JAPAN and one is TAIWAN. My assumption, good or bad, is the JAPAN one is earlier. The one without any marks at all could be from this source. http://townfood.com/catalog_tropical.html

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation