FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Dick Dale Lecture March 5th at Guitar Center in Fountain Valley, O.C.
Dick Dale Lecture March 5th at Guitar Center in Fountain Valley, O.C.
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-26 09:29 am   Permalink

This should be bitchin!

http://www.examiner.com/x-1465-Music-Examiner~y2009m2d20-Dick-Dale-at-Guitar-Center

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dartin Menny
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-26 09:32 am   Permalink

Hell yeah... that will be cool to check out.

Thanks for the link!

View Profile of Dartin Menny Send a personal message to Dartin Menny  Goto the website of Dartin Menny     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-26 10:25 am   Permalink

I will be there for sure !

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-26 10:56 am   Permalink

Looks like Mr. Dale had some health issues in 2008 but is recovering.

Dick Dale Official Web page

Other appearances by the king of the surf guitar at Riverside and Redondo Beach.

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-26 6:14 pm   Permalink

I'll be there.

and he's also got a gig in Agura hills.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-27 5:34 pm   Permalink

RAD.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-27 7:51 pm   Permalink

I saw him in September at the HB Surf Museum. He looked pretty good, but after an hour or so said he was feeling tired and then left. Still great to see him! Here's a pic of him with my friend Charlie.

[ This Message was edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-02-27 19:51 ]

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-06 12:42 pm   Permalink

Damn it!!! I missed this opportunity.I have a bunch of records I want him to sign.
Does anybody know if he will be in Orange County anytime soon ?

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-06 2:30 pm   Permalink

I was there last night..... Man, that place was packed! Dick told some stories about starting out, learning to play on the uke, and playing mostly country music when he was young. He also told the stories about the shows that he and his Dad would put on at the Rendezvous in Balboa with 5,000 kids all pogo-ing and doing the surfer stomp. It was pretty cool. Of course, his playing was as good as always.... Shockingly, not that loud though which was kind of a bummer...

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-06 5:45 pm   Permalink

I know he's playing Agura hills and Redondo beach coming up.
not sure about OC check
www.dickdale.com

yeah I thought he could have been louder too.
was kinda cool to hear all the stories,
but would have liked a bit more playing.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kahalakruzer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-06 5:55 pm   Permalink

Yea he killed it when he was playing, and the stories were cool. It could have been really cool with more questions from the floor and playing more songs (and maybe having it somewhere where more people could come in!). Still awesome as always.

View Profile of kahalakruzer Send a personal message to kahalakruzer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation