FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Crazy Al and Heather Watts: La Luz de Jesus
Crazy Al and Heather Watts: La Luz de Jesus
DJLee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-03 2:51 pm   Permalink

Hey everyone, this years "Everything But The Kitschen Sync" show at La Luz de Jesus will feature art by Crazy Al and Heather Watts! Scroll down to see the pieces. The show opens on Friday, March 6 and runs through the 29th...and of course will be up for the "Tiki Mugs..." book signing on Saturday.

“Everything But the Kitschen Sync” 12th annual juried group show.

March 6 – March 29, 2009
Reception for the artists: Friday, March 6, 2009 8 pm - 11 pm
La Luz de Jesus Gallery
4633 Hollywood Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90027
323-666-7667 Fax: 323-663-0243
www.laluzdejesus.com

La Luz De Jesus Gallery proudly presents its 12th annual juried group exhibition, "Everything But the Kitschen Sync". This gigantic, no-theme exhibition will feature work from what we feel are some of the most relevant artists working today. We have invited commercial illustrators, tattooists, scenic painters, students, and animators to submit work of a more personal nature. The show includes artists we have previously exhibited, who consistently produce some of the most interesting paintings and sculptures in town. The show also includes a large selection of work from a brand new batch of undiscovered, underground talent. This is a wonderful forum for us and for our audience to check out the latest art trends and get the first glimpse of tomorrow's stars. It is also an incredible opportunity for art collectors to peruse more than 150 pieces of juried artwork by over 100 artists all in one viewing, and obtain undiscovered art at recession busting prices. Please join us this March in supporting the latest and most original efforts from the nation's alternative art scene.

See http://leejosephpublicity.com/show/12thannual for full artist list - there are well over 100 of 'em!

Those of you from out of town - contact La Luz de Jesus if you are interested in any of these pieces.

www.dionysusrecords.com

Join me for "Over Under Sideways Down" on LuxuriaMusic.com Wednesdays, 3-5 PM Pacific

View Profile of DJLee Send a personal message to DJLee  Goto the website of DJLee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-03 4:21 pm   Permalink

YAY!
Congrats Heather and Al!
REPRESENT!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-03 4:51 pm   Permalink

WOW! I love Heathers art a bunch, Very cool, But Al, My God!, You are going off! What an Awesome display, I don't know what else to say, But that is Fabulous!
Ohana Since September 17 2002, Member #434

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-04 12:33 pm   Permalink

Looking forward to this opening, so I can assume Heather is not going to make it down?

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Travellin' Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-04 1:45 pm   Permalink

Sadly no, I won't be attending. I'll be holding the fort here in Vancouver, counting the days to Oasis IX...

NICE stuff Al! Wish I could see it live in all it's three-dimensional glory.

View Profile of Travellin' Tiki Send a personal message to Travellin' Tiki  Email Travellin' Tiki Goto the website of Travellin' Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-04 9:58 pm   Permalink

Heather,
we will raise a toast to you and your great art work.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-04 11:19 pm   Permalink

woah! I just realized/read this is going on Friday before the book signing. I'll be here as well. Someone should sneak out some of the lovely pre mixed mai tai's.

Any other plans for a pre or post art show on Friday?

[ This Message was edited by: Coco Joe 2009-03-04 23:20 ]

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-05 07:48 am   Permalink

Damn, I have other plans on Fri.

but they said that the stuff will be up during the book release event on Sat. if you can't make it 2 nights in a row.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Teach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-06 10:53 am   Permalink

We were at The La Luz de Jesus Gallery yesterday and got a sneak peek at some of the show. WOW this is going to good.

View Profile of Tiki Teach Send a personal message to Tiki Teach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-06 2:09 pm   Permalink

a few hours away hope to run into some folks tonight, looking forward to seeing Al and Heathers stuff in person. If you can make it tonight i would recommend it, as saturday nights festivities are likely to make it tough to view all the pieces in this show

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation