FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events UK TIKI MUGS Book Launch 10 March Ltd. Edition Mug
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
UK TIKI MUGS Book Launch 10 March Ltd. Edition Mug
POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-07 1:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

...We'll be on the train from Cambridge...

Great that the Cambridge train will be pulling into London Town with its precious cargo guys! Looking froward to the reunion. Did you here about the hapless tiki that got run over by a train? He was chuffed to bits! Geddit? Chuffed to bits? Chuffed to...aaaw forget it!!

I spoke to Anjy at CheekyTiki earlier and we thought there might have been a problem with the decals. They turned up in the post yesterday but did not look quite the same colour as the ones we tested on a broken piece of mug previously...despite being the exact same colour spec!??!! I've been assured by the suppliers that they will be alright though. Fingers crossed time folks! While all the SoCal Tiki Ohana are getting on down in L.a. tonight (have FUN!!! & a Mai-Tai for me!) I'll be tucked up in my bed trying to get some sleep as we are getting up early in the morning (on a weekend???) and heading up to CheekyTiki some 42 miles away to put the decals on the mugs. Anjy said the mugs are out of the kiln and are looking good so it'll be a treat to see them tomorrow.

Last night I printed the 30 Half-Price Mai-Tai vouchers and a postcard that'll come with the mug. The vouchers are individually numbered #1-#30 and you'll be able to keep it as a bookmark to mark your favo(u)rite tiki mug page in 'TIKI MUGS' when the TRADER VIC's bar staff have checked the voucher.

The mugs will be 20 each and strictly limited to one per person - first come first served!

We are putting into the raffle, a vintage Swiss 'Movenpick' tiki mug and a test glaze (speckled orange)mug from our vintage KU head DUNCAN tiki mug mold.

DON'T FORGET...MOST IMPORTANTLY...BUY THE FANTASTIKI BOOK!!!!

See you there! Trader Jim - Make mine a Mai-Tai!

View Profile of POCKETIKI Send a personal message to POCKETIKI  Email POCKETIKI Goto the website of POCKETIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-08 01:11 am   Permalink

Cheers! My friends across the pond! Jim and Steve, Have a fun show, Mahalo! Gogo

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chrisc
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-08 09:04 am   Permalink

Hi, Jim

Sorry I can't make it on Tuesday due to a prior commitment (hypnotherapy client!) but do have a good one and will hopefully catch up with you at this years' Luau (any news on that?)

CHRIS

View Profile of Chrisc Send a personal message to Chrisc  Goto the website of Chrisc     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-08 1:22 pm   Permalink

Nice work Trader Jim!!

I'm out of town during the day, but hope to be back in time to make it down to TV's.

Tim

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-08 4:54 pm   Permalink

Hi Folks! Just got back from a day at CHEEKYTIKIs decaling mugs and hanging out. Oooh missus, you've a dirty mind!! Thought I'd paste in a few pics for you.

The water-slide decals seemed to go on fairly well, despite an initial hiccup as the first of the thirty (look mum...No spares!) shriveled into a small ball as the water was a tad too hot...DOH! Anyway, we salvaged it an you'd never know. Honest guv', would I lie to you? I'm also known as FairTrader Jim round these parts.

So as you can see we got our 30 mugs done and it was time to put them in the kiln...

Now just gotta get some more sleep and wait for Sian to ring me from the 'Mud Hut' tomorrow.

I'm guessing the L.A. Book Party was a hoot but I'll have to check out the pics tomorrow...Can't wait!

Sorry you won't be able to make it Chris but maybe we'll catch you in a couple of weeks when Caroline flies in to town. Also thanks for the kind words Gogo! Loved the pics of your mugs/bowl in the book!

Take care - Trader Jim (Make mine a Mai-Tai!).

View Profile of POCKETIKI Send a personal message to POCKETIKI  Email POCKETIKI Goto the website of POCKETIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-09 2:24 pm   Permalink

Looking forward to Trader Vic's tomorrow, here's what I'm bringing for show and tell.

including for the Raflle - an oily Pistoniki mug and an artist proof colourway of my new mug "Pia-kua".

Make mine the same as Trader Jim's...

Devil Reef Bar Blog
http://www.devilreef.com

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-09 5:07 pm   Permalink

Hi Gang! Can't wait to have a remake in that box of 'Tiki Tricks' TR! Sorry for the poor pic but here's the finished mug, including the numbered Half-Price Mai-Tai voucher/bookmark.

Bou'hua looks a little upset that he's not in the limelight but his time will come!

Looking forward to tomorrow night...a few friends...a few stories...a lot of Mai-Tais!!!

Yak will be bringing plenty of books for you to purchase and I know that Hotrod Tiki are putting a couple of Tiki Farm mugs into the raffle along with CheekyTiki who'll be putting in a couple of their own creations. All you have to do to get a ticket is to put your name on the mailing list tomorrow night and you'll get an additional ticket with a book or mug purchase. The draw will be at 9.00pm and you must be there to claim your prize - Good Luck!!!

Safe journeys to all who are coming! - Trader Jim (Make mine a Mai-Tai!).

tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-09 11:11 pm   Permalink

Nice job on the mugs Trader Jim - looking forward to adding that to my collection.

See you all later.

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-10 01:45 am   Permalink

Yeah LA was fun but we didn't have a bitchin mug at the event! Lots of pictures from the shindig please!

Ltd Edition Mugs & MORE!

Ltd Editions by Squid & Gecko

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-10 02:12 am   Permalink

Yep Squid - I plan to get there real early to get near the front of the queue [line]. Only 30 off those babies up for grabs.

Now where is my sleeping bag...

Devil Reef Bar Blog
http://www.devilreef.com

atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-10 04:16 am   Permalink

Is that my Bou'hua? Looking forward to tonight, I think I can safely say no one is traveling as far to attend as I am.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-10 04:48 am   Permalink

looking forward to this! i should make it over by 10pm. ATT! you're coming down for this? awesome.

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-10 05:27 am   Permalink

Yup but like Cinderella I have to be gone by 11 as I'm on the sleeper train home tonight, it'll be good to see you again.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIWAGON
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-10 09:52 am   Permalink

Just about to leave,Cant wait for a good mai tai!

View Profile of TIKIWAGON Send a personal message to TIKIWAGON  Email TIKIWAGON Goto the website of TIKIWAGON     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Tiki Viking
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-10 10:33 am   Permalink

Have a great night tonight everybody !!! Really wish I could be there in my home town with the British Tikiphiles........someone please buy Yak a Mai Tai or two on my behalf...he did a truly amazing job on the book...Cheers !!

View Profile of Kon-Tiki Viking Send a personal message to Kon-Tiki Viking      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation