FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Don The Beachcomber, Sunset Beach, CA (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Don The Beachcomber, Sunset Beach, CA (restaurant)
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-16 3:18 pm   Permalink

I second the welcome to Ryan! Glad to have you here. You are a hell of a mixologist and I can't wait to try some more of your cocktails soon!!!!

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-16 4:18 pm   Permalink

Welcome to TC Ryan,
I am looking forward to your mixologist skills.

please tell me the Zombie is coming soon?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sincityryan
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-17 11:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-16 15:18, Digitiki wrote:
I second the welcome to Ryan! Glad to have you here. You are a hell of a mixologist and I can't wait to try some more of your cocktails soon!!!!

I like liquid chef

View Profile of Sincityryan Send a personal message to Sincityryan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
princessP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-18 3:37 pm   Permalink

I am going to be in the area and would like to visit Don the Beachcombers

what are the days and hours of Operation? There are diffrent times and dates on Critiki and that is for Kona.

Thanks for your help

View Profile of princessP Send a personal message to princessP  Email princessP Goto the website of princessP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-19 07:24 am   Permalink

Ryan,

Aloha and welcome! Can't wait to visit the new Don's when I come out west for Oasis. I was just in Vegas a few weeks ago hanging out with the Tikipugs and the gang at Frankies (Hinano Paul and Mrs Lurker also came out). Any word on when you guys will have a new website up?

Matt

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-19 11:06 am   Permalink

I'm pretty sure its 7 days a week now.
call for hours.
1-562-592-1321

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sincityryan
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-19 5:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-19 07:24, rugbymatt wrote:
Ryan,

Aloha and welcome! Can't wait to visit the new Don's when I come out west for Oasis. I was just in Vegas a few weeks ago hanging out with the Tikipugs and the gang at Frankies (Hinano Paul and Mrs Lurker also came out). Any word on when you guys will have a new website up?

Matt

We own the domain "Donthebeachcomber.com" and we will have a website up I think soon. I'm in Las Vegas Tuesday - Thursday and Thursday is my wife and I date night so we will probably be going to Frankies on Thursday nights...

View Profile of Sincityryan Send a personal message to Sincityryan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-21 7:33 pm   Permalink

Ryan's drinks are great! Sorry about my drunk friend.

available mugs

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
homes4hipsters

Posted: 2009-03-25 12:04 pm   Permalink

I just drove by there last week. I am so excited that it is a Don The Beachcomber's! Maybe we can start a Tiki Tour with Don's, Puka Bar, etc?

View Profile of homes4hipsters Send a personal message to homes4hipsters  Email homes4hipsters Goto the website of homes4hipsters     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiauction
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-25 11:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-25 12:04, homes4hipsters wrote:
I just drove by there last week. I am so excited that it is a Don The Beachcomber's! Maybe we can start a Tiki Tour with Don's, Puka Bar, etc?

it'd be nice to make it out to the left coast sometime and checkout the new dtb. aloha and welcome ryan.

View Profile of tikiauction Send a personal message to tikiauction  Goto the website of tikiauction     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-25 11:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-25 23:01, tikiauction wrote:
Quote:

it'd be nice to make it out to the left coast sometime and checkout the new dtb. aloha and welcome ryan.

I've had the same notion. Does anyone want to start this with me??

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-26 12:13 am   Permalink

I've been thinking that it would be cool to redo the OC tiki tour they did a few years back,
Royal Hawaiian,
Billy's(or maybe not),
Make a stop at Hi Time liquor store(just to show people how amazing it is)
Don the Beachcomber.
and Busters Beach house (where Marie Jon Pauls Girlfriend works and have a band playing there to wind up the day)
ok Busters is Technically in LA county, but its barely over the border.

whaddya think about that?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

cultoftiki

Posted: 2009-03-27 11:58 am   Permalink

Fantastic...will have to stop here and Trader Vic's LA on our Disney trip in May. I never thought I'd be able to go to Don the Beachcomber's, especially a Don's with authentic drinks.

View Profile of cultoftiki Send a personal message to cultoftiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-30 07:55 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-25 23:23, Coco Joe wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-03-25 23:01, tikiauction wrote:
Quote:

I've had the same notion. Does anyone want to start this with me??

Theres the big red bus
http://www.bigredbus.com/ which is a double decker open air bus that can hold up to 62 people which can be decorated and also allows you to bring booze on board. They are located in Long Beach about 3 miles from Don the Beachcomber. It would be the perfect mothership!

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
princessP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-04 11:15 am   Permalink

I stopped by last Sunday. Sorry I missed Ryan, but Patrick was there and gave me a tour of the place. I picked up 2 mugs. My god this place is gigantic. I wish you guys the best. I am sorry I didn't get to return and meet any TCer's on Monday night. Maybe next time.

View Profile of princessP Send a personal message to princessP  Email princessP Goto the website of princessP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation