FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Don The Beachcomber, Sunset Beach, CA (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
Don The Beachcomber, Sunset Beach, CA (restaurant)
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-04 5:38 pm   Permalink

This news is blowing up on Facebook at the moment so I thought I would head off any panic before it starts
A "For Sale" sign was spotted on Don's and many folks are taking this as as "Don's is closing"
which is not true!

So it is time for the facts, It is the building that is for sale "Not Don the Beachcomber!"
The owners (The Snyder's) have always leased the building from a separate owner
and it is that owner who is selling the building and not Don's current lease.
This means the building is going on the market & can take a long time to sell
And Don's does not have to go anywhere.

The variables are will the new owners continue the lease agreement to Don's which is likely
or will they have other plans, so this can change way down the line (maybe some years away)

Ideally the new owners will just continue to lease the building to Don the Beachcomber
so at this time we shouldn't overreact, but we can help out by continuing support of Don's
with our patronage.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-05 10:17 am   Permalink

Thanks for the clarification, ATP. As the Bahooka story shows, never take anything for granted. We are all happy that the economy is picking up, but that means real estate developers are extending their greedy fangs again. We live in a free country (relatively free, since it is ruled by money) and we like it, or we would change it, right?

Enjoy it while it lasts, Kids!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-06 4:37 pm   Permalink

Thanks, for the clarification, guys. I am anxiously watching from afar, as Don's is very dear to me and, quite possibly, my favorite place on the planet.
Mahalo,
Rick

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-06 4:43 pm   Permalink

If there's a For Sale sign out front, if it was my restaurant there's be a huge banner that says "We're not going anywhere!" If people think they're closing they may stop going figuring the service will drop off too.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-06 6:29 pm   Permalink

We will update when we have more information, but as of the moment Don's
is not going anywhere.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation