FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Tahiti Nui, Hanalei, HI (restaurant)
Tahiti Nui, Hanalei, HI (restaurant)
dogbytes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-05 7:39 pm   Permalink

Name:Tahiti Nui
Type:restaurant
Street:5134 Kuhio Hwy
City:Hanalei
State:HI
Zip:96714
Phone:(808) 826-6277

Description:
www.thenui.com

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-05 7:49 pm   Permalink

wow, we talk about Tahiti Nui all the time, but we didn't have a listing for it in Locating!

i found this nifty cocktail napkin at an estate sale, and wanted to post it somewhere.

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-05 9:09 pm   Permalink

Very kool,could be framed it

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AllisonV
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-24 2:31 pm   Permalink

August 2009

awesome dancer, lei maker, and apparently boar hunter

Lady Poi dancing, after some coaxing and mai tais

barstool

dude in the blue workshirt to the far right attacked me and had me dance with him seconds after this was taken

View Profile of AllisonV Send a personal message to AllisonV      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-25 11:42 am   Permalink

AllisonV - Thanks for the report. That place looks like a lot of fun. I really like the bamboo work in the ceiling and the photo of everyone dancing. Doesn't seem to be too much dancing at tiki bars anymore, although the old postcards and ads show that was an integral part of the experience back in the 60s and earlier.

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-25 4:37 pm   Permalink

Here is my Tahiti Nui shirt. I saw like four of these at Tiki Oasis this year.

A few more photos of the sign and the Tikis outside.

A great little place on the north-shore.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-06 12:19 pm   Permalink

A Tahiti Nui glass.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goddess o'pilikoa

Posted: 2010-11-15 7:40 pm   Permalink

The Tahiti Nui is still the only happening place to be on Kauai!
Live Hawaiian music every night. A local hang out full of tiki memorabilia in Hanalei.
The mai tais will have you walking on your lips.

View Profile of Goddess o'pilikoa Send a personal message to Goddess o'pilikoa  Email Goddess o'pilikoa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-06 09:51 am   Permalink

Tahiti Nui matchbook.

DC

aquarj
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-06 12:27 pm   Permalink

Here's a photo I came across recently in a 1970 book, showing a good time at Tahiti Nui.

Don't know if we've established when Tahiti Nui was established, but it looks like it was hopping in 1970 anyway!

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-24 9:12 pm   Permalink

Tahiti Nui is featured in the new movie The Descendants staring George Clooney.

Found this photo of the film shoot in less than desirable north shore weather.

Clip from the LA Times this weekend:

Hanalei Town, North Shore

What it is: Small, charming town in front of Mt. Namahana with waterfalls in the background.

What it starred in: "South Pacific," "Lilo and Stitch" (2002) and "The Descendants." In fact, the Tahiti Nui bar (5-5134 Kuhio Highway) plays itself in "Descendants," and Parra says it's a great watering hole, popular with locals.

How to see it: It's west of Princeville across a one-lane bridge. As you arrive in Hanalei Town, you feel as if you've traveled back in time.

DC

4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-02-13 10:02 pm   Permalink

I just saw these on a shared link to a current craigslist ad from the Bay Area.
Ad quote: "I purchased this set of 8 Plaster Tiki Heads from the Tahiti Nui when I lived on Kauai in 1999. I left Hawaii in 2008 and they have been in rubbermaids wrapped up since then.

I was told then from a very trusted source they came from one of the walls and were made in the 1960's, at the time they were in a storage box, they remodeled a few times(I knew the Bartender, probably too well;)))."

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation