advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Don Armando Rum
Don Armando Rum
rollinoffset

Posted: 2009-03-08 08:50 am   Permalink

A friend of mine from Dominican Republic brought me back a present on his last trip home. It's a brand of rum that he say's they only bottle once a year around christmas on the island. I put off trying it for a while but finally cracked it open and quite enjoyed it. It's called Don Armando and bottled by J. Armando Bermudez. Has any one else tried this?

View Profile of rollinoffset Send a personal message to rollinoffset      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Connection
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-08 09:59 am   Permalink

I've tried a few of the Bermudez rums and they are all pretty interesting. Like most brands, the high end, aged variety is the best and I think that's what you have. Enjoy.

View Profile of Rum Connection Send a personal message to Rum Connection  Goto the website of Rum Connection     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rollinoffset

Posted: 2009-03-08 12:20 pm   Permalink

Is there a stateside source for these that you know of? I'm near Ft Lauderdale, and am overly familiar with the local spirit sellers (not that this is a bad thing), but I've never seen it around here. Guess I'll have to research how to order it in. Thanks.

View Profile of rollinoffset Send a personal message to rollinoffset      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Connection
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-08 5:15 pm   Permalink

I'm not sure if Bermudez is available in the States, but your best bet in S. Florida would be Selfish Liquors in Homestead. Give them a call and it might be worth a road trip.

View Profile of Rum Connection Send a personal message to Rum Connection  Goto the website of Rum Connection     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation