FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Rell Sunn documentary screenings! Please attend and pay tribute to this wonderful woman!
Rell Sunn documentary screenings! Please attend and pay tribute to this wonderful woman!
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-09 08:48 am   Permalink

I won't waste time chatting it up...
All the info's on the flyer!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dartin Menny
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-09 12:44 pm   Permalink

I hope to make this.

Being a surfer my whole life, I know of Rell and her great impact on the sport and lifestyle.

She is dearly missed.

View Profile of Dartin Menny Send a personal message to Dartin Menny  Goto the website of Dartin Menny     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-09 4:56 pm   Permalink

I will try to make that.

The Band Slacktone does a song called "Rell Sunn, Aloha"
check it out, very moving song.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2009-03-09 16:57 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-12 10:25 pm   Permalink

A real class cat and legendary female surfer that broke boundaries for
contemporary females surfers of today.I had the pleasure of meeting her years
ago when I was in Oahu on vacation .

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-12 10:28 pm   Permalink

BTW thanks for posting this LLT .

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-13 12:36 am   Permalink

Crap, would love to see this again.

I caught this on PBS Independent Lens locally a few years back and had it on video tape but lost it somewhere in the move to our new house.

A wonderful story on a wonderful woman who was filled with Aloha.

A shame she was taken from us so early. She had so much more to give to the world.

She had a huge collection of tikis in her home!

A story that hits close to home here... Rell was in Chicago for cancer treatments one fall with her husband Dave Parmenter and they took a walk down to the beach nearby. We just happened to have a Northeast swell running here on Lake Michigan and there were some friends of mine out there surfing. Rell and Dave were surprised to see surfers on the lake and it gave Rell a real charge in her weakened state to see them enjoying the waves. She gave a wave to them and they all waved back to her.

At the moment, they didn't know who was waving to them. We found out sometime later while reading one of Dave's columns in Surfing that it was The Queen of Makaha that was watching them surf that cold fall afternoon.

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-13 08:52 am   Permalink

see you there

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation