FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Don The Beachcomber Day 1 - March 16th!!!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Don The Beachcomber Day 1 - March 16th!!!
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-12 10:00 am   Permalink

This from an email blast from Don The Beachcomber

KONA Restaurant becomes Don the Beachcomber this Monday, March 16!

To our friends and neighbors,

We are about to open the first Don the Beachcomber on the mainland in almost 30 years. What an exciting time this is. For this historic restaurant to get a new lease on life and with such an iconic name as Don the Beachcomber is nothing short of incredible! While the KONA name was short lived the history of Sam's Seafood began way back in 1922 as a huge roadside seafood restaurant complete with their own fishing fleet. Sam's was remodeled into the Polynesian themed restaurant that we know today after a fire in 1959, over 30 years AFTER the first Don the Beachcomber restaurant had opened.

Stop by this weekend as we say farewell to KONA and say Aloha to Don the Beachcomber as you relax and sip an authentic Don the Beachcomber Mai Tai (the original recipe from the 30's). We are beginning the changeover as you read this. Our new signs are scheduled to be installed this Sunday with new menu's begining Monday. We're excited to introduce Don the Beachcomber to all of our friends and neighbors and we can't wait another day! We will be open 7 days a week!

Mahalo,

Susan & Chuck Purrington
Art & Delia Snyder

St. Patrick's Day at a Hawaiian Restaurant?
St Patty's Day Beachcomber Style!

There's plenty of Irish around here! Our owners and managers to start. Wanna celebrate with us at Don the Beachcomber's first annual St. Patricks Day? This place knows how to party!

Take a shot of Jameson Irish Whiskey and any Draft Beer $5.00!

Guiness Pub Draft and Harp $3.00!

Corned Beef, Cabbage and Potatoes $2.95!

1/2 off Mai Tai's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And don't forget it's HAPPY HOUR ALL DAY LONG!

This Friday dine with us and be entertained by the award winning Tupua.

The soothing, relaxing sounds and beautiful Tupua Hula Dancer will take you back to the Islands. Join us for a great dinner and enjoy the complimentary entertainment!

Don the Beachcomber makes it's official return to Surf City USA this Monday, March 16, 2009!

The innovator of the Tiki/Polynesian theme restaurant has made the return to the Mainland from an almost 30 year absence! Join us this Monday and Tuesday as we celebrate this triumphant return!

OUR KONA SPECIALS WILL CONTINUE THIS WEEKEND!

Sunset Dinners: Choose from 6 great dinners. Your choice $10.95
Dinner for 2, $39.95: Appetizer for 2, soup or salad, entree AND Dessert for 2.
Happy Hour: Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday ALL DAY, Thursday - Saturday 4pm to 7pm.
Sunday Luau Brunch Buffet - Live Polynesian entertainment by Tupua, free flowing Champagne and a huge buffet! $26.95 adults kids 3-10 $4.95 Make your Easter Brunch reservations now!

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-12 10:11 am   Permalink

What a great new chapter we are about to embark on!

Mahalo Sams!
Mahalo Kona!
Aloha Don!

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-12 10:43 am   Permalink

New location already mentioned in Wikipedia

Wikipedia: Don the Beachcomber

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dartin Menny
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-12 11:02 am   Permalink

Cool.

Hope to be there next week...

View Profile of Dartin Menny Send a personal message to Dartin Menny  Goto the website of Dartin Menny     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-12 11:14 am   Permalink

I hope the owners promote the hell out of this place. The return of Don the Beachcomber, the tiki bar that started it all, should be big news. Call the LA Times, LA/OC Weekly, Orange County Register, etc. etc.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-12 11:29 am   Permalink

I'm pretty sure they're on it Arriano. This IS big news, and we all should be stoked about it. The big promo blitz will start later on in a few months, from what I can ascertain. Right now is a transition period from Kona to Don's.

Good news is the drink menu and decor are taking big steps up.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ron-tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-03-12 1:19 pm   Permalink

i hope they have a bunch of new mugs!!!

View Profile of ron-tiki Send a personal message to ron-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-12 1:40 pm   Permalink

That's awesome. I can't wait to meet Don.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-12 5:09 pm   Permalink

Wishing you a big time opening from up north!

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-12 6:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-12 11:29, tikiyaki wrote:
The big promo blitz will start later on in a few months, from what I can ascertain. Right now is a transition period from Kona to Don's.

So there will probably be a humongous grand opening party sometime in the near future? I hope!

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-12 8:54 pm   Permalink

yeah Tikiyaki for the grand opening,
what the hell, get Martini kings, Smokin Menehunes, Hula Girls, Exotiki,
and King Kuklele and the friki tikis and well have a Lavapalooza.

as for this Monday.
I'm there.
who's in?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HB TIKI
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-03-14 6:03 pm   Permalink

New picture of Don The Beachcomber sign

View Profile of HB TIKI Send a personal message to HB TIKI  Email HB TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-14 7:17 pm   Permalink

wow!!!

Where good Rum is immortalized and drinking is an art.
thats sounds mighty fine to me.

who's in for Monday.
I will be there at 3 or so,
testing out the new drinks.
if people show up at 6 or 7.
I should be under the table or on the floor.
how's that for art?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGeeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-14 10:14 pm   Permalink

I'm both excited and a little scared. I hope it lives up to expectations. It'll come down to the drinks... and its not like there are tons of tiki proficient bartenders out there with a passion for the art. *crosses fingers*

Honoring my gods one sip at a time.

View Profile of TikiGeeki Send a personal message to TikiGeeki  Goto the website of TikiGeeki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-14 10:33 pm   Permalink

We previewed a few of the drinks...see here...

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=31530&forum=2&3

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation