FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Don The Beachcomber Day 1 - March 16th!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Don The Beachcomber Day 1 - March 16th!!!
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-14 10:48 pm   Permalink

Don't expect to walk into Don The Beachcomber and be in a completely different place. They are remaining open during the transition and things will be changing over the next few months, some immediate and some slowly.

The food menu is changing slightly and will continue to change for the next few months. The new Don drinks will be rolled out 10 for now and up to 60 exotics by the time they are done.

Bamboo Ben will be working on the interior to tiki it up from where it is now. Not sure when that will start or end though. We shall see

Having said that, order the new Don's cocktails when you go and you will NOT be dissapointed!

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

[ This Message was edited by: Digitiki 2009-03-14 22:50 ]

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-15 02:29 am   Permalink

so looking forward to this.

I'm surprised more people are not chiming in on going monday.

do we need to start a new roll call thread?

wtf?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dartin Menny
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-15 09:16 am   Permalink

I'm going to try and be there on Monday...

View Profile of Dartin Menny Send a personal message to Dartin Menny  Goto the website of Dartin Menny     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tropicali*honey
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-15 1:07 pm   Permalink

The Luau Brunch Buffet sounds fab! I'm seriously thinking about making the trek Tuesday for st patrick's day! $5 Jameson & beer--what a deal!

View Profile of tropicali*honey Send a personal message to tropicali*honey  Email tropicali*honey Goto the website of tropicali*honey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Teach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-15 1:20 pm   Permalink

Ok Jim here is the $64,000 question. How are the drink prices?

View Profile of Tiki Teach Send a personal message to Tiki Teach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HB TIKI
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-03-15 5:23 pm   Permalink

Weelcome Don Beach to HB

View Profile of HB TIKI Send a personal message to HB TIKI  Email HB TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HB TIKI
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-03-15 5:27 pm   Permalink

welcome Don Beach HB

View Profile of HB TIKI Send a personal message to HB TIKI  Email HB TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-15 5:38 pm   Permalink

Its official like a referee whistle!

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-15 6:08 pm   Permalink

Whoa...where's the stellar Tiki Diablo "ALOHA" sign on the front?

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-15 8:09 pm   Permalink

I drove past Sam's on the way to Long Beach on Saturday night. I was pleasantly surprised by the big 'Don the Beach' sign! The marlin wasn't lit though... I wonder what the plan is for that? I heard that they were gonna keep it, right? It would be a shame to get rid of something THAT iconic.... especially when it's already there for you to exploit!
Can't wait.... Maybe I'll spin by after my auto body class on Monday night.... What time are they gonna be open till?

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-15 8:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-15 02:29, bigtikidude wrote:
so looking forward to this.

I'm surprised more people are not chiming in on going monday.

do we need to start a new roll call thread?

wtf?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Hey BigTikiDude!

We're going to be at Disneyland with family on Monday, but we're definitely planning on a trip to the Beachcomber afterward... we'll probably be there around 6mp... should we look for you under a table?

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-16 10:37 am   Permalink

oooh, I'll have to check it out next time I'm down south. Wishing you all the best!

View Profile of Brenda's Tiki Hut Send a personal message to Brenda's Tiki Hut  Email Brenda's Tiki Hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-16 11:08 am   Permalink

Bump for tonight.
who's in.
I'll be in the bar.
probably from 4 pm on.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-16 2:22 pm   Permalink

Bueller?
anyone?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-16 3:21 pm   Permalink

You can tell where they put the new sign right over the old Sams sign,
why they did that other then trying to save a few bucks is beyond me.

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation