Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Carvings by Jazzy Josh
Jazzy Josh
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-16 1:31 pm   Permalink

well here is my second carving.

Looking forward to posting many more =)

[ This Message was edited by: Jazzy Josh 2009-03-16 13:32 ]

View Profile of Jazzy Josh Send a personal message to Jazzy Josh  Goto the website of Jazzy Josh     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drasticwagon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-16 4:39 pm   Permalink

I dig the sun design on his head.

View Profile of drasticwagon Send a personal message to drasticwagon  Goto the website of drasticwagon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-16 8:46 pm   Permalink

Nice Work you are on fire for #2

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jazzy Josh
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-07 2:35 pm   Permalink

So I made that first one into a planter

[ This Message was edited by: Jazzy Josh 2009-08-07 14:35 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Jazzy Josh 2009-08-07 14:36 ]

View Profile of Jazzy Josh Send a personal message to Jazzy Josh  Goto the website of Jazzy Josh     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jazzy Josh
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-07 2:37 pm   Permalink

2 I just completed.

Big mouth

AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-07 4:58 pm   Permalink

Good stuff!! Keep Goin!

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmCityTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-07 5:24 pm   Permalink

Nice to see some one going deep and not just the scratch and paint... Nice symmetry and use of expressions.... I enjoy seeing your carves.

View Profile of PalmCityTiki Send a personal message to PalmCityTiki  Email PalmCityTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-10 12:53 pm   Permalink

Very cool man!

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-11 9:43 pm   Permalink

Nice work they have allot of life in them.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-12 09:53 am   Permalink

Really nice stuff Josh, I Love how clean the details are. Your carving skills are much more advanced than the 3 tikis show, Have you been carving other things prior? Got more?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jazzy Josh
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-12 9:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-12 09:53, Benzart wrote:
Really nice stuff Josh, I Love how clean the details are. Your carving skills are much more advanced than the 3 tikis show, Have you been carving other things prior? Got more?

Thanks everyone. I got more on the way

No I've never carved till recently. Just a hidden talent thats been hiding I guess lol.

I bought some as christmas presents last year, after looking at them for awhile I was like hmmm I could do this

Jazzy Josh
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-12 9:35 pm   Permalink

I had a pelican on that tiki next to the one with the large mouth,
but I started getting frustrated and messing it up so I chopped it off lol..

I wanna try one again tho.

TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-13 08:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-12 21:35, Jazzy Josh wrote:
I had a pelican on that tiki next to the one with the large mouth,
but I started getting frustrated and messing it up so I chopped it off lol..
I wanna try one again tho.

Oh wow. Too bad that didn't work out. Nice start tho. Lookin forward to seeing the next attempt.

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-13 08:21 am   Permalink

[/quote]

....I bought some as christmas presents last year, after looking at them for awhile I was like hmmm I could do this

[/quote]

That's funny man, I got my start sitting out in my back yard looking at some crappy plastic tiki piece of junk I got at a gardening store years ago & I remembered the real tikis I saw when I lived on the beach, and at first I was thinking about buying a few real ones, and then I said "hey, wait a minute, F*ck that! It's only wood, I can make 'em myself". Then I pulled up youtube, watched a few videos by Buzzy & Crazy Al, and then went straight to Harbor Freight for some tools. 2 months later here I am!

By the way dude, for your 1st & 2nd tikis, those totally kick ass.

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
big daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-13 08:58 am   Permalink

nice work jazzy, agree with big t on the pelican. before i knew it was a pelican i thought you were trying to carve yourself a big middle finger. keep trying, your biggest critic out there will be yourself. i have to keep reminding myself of that on every carve. keep up the good work and keep posting.

bd

View Profile of big daddy Send a personal message to big daddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation