FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Kamaina Klub progress

You are viewing a single post from the search result.
view the entire topic
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Kamaina Klub progress
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-22 12:35 pm   Permalink

I agree with Skip. You need pieces that have a story behind them. That takes some contact and research with the artists. Skip's a master lamp maker, and there are several people like that here.

You need to be able to talk about many of your pieces to guests...

Like "My cousin stole this witco from a place his dad used to own."

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=13461&forum=1

Or - "These are the tikis from The Book of Tiki."

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=12047&forum=7&vpost=401387

Many of the artists will custom design and create pieces for you from your wishes.
If you're lucky, like I am, they'll make a mug from your original piece like Tiki Tony did for the Fatutu he carved and shipped to me. I also sent the specs of my mug shelf to Monkeyman and he made a magnificent frame. Those two pieces I bought in different years.

Don't get in a hurry. A few years will go by really fast and your place can be AWESOME.

And you've got to check out the bars of Lake Surfer and boutiki that kind of match your room layout there a little.

If you're really good at mixing drinks, people bring you stuff.
That's key. Tell them you like glass floats and tapa and vintage mugs or you'll get kites with parrots on them and crap like that.

Don't paint your ceiling white and as Bamboo Ben always hollers "LAYERS!"

Finally, when you've got it pretty well in hand throw a party, invite me and don't forget the fresh mint. I'll bring a mug.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation