FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Countdown for LA Trader Vic's
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Countdown for LA Trader Vic's
TabooDan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-21 6:50 pm   Permalink

Keep the photos coming!!
Those are some awesome shots of all that Tapa!! I don't think I have ever seen such a big piece!! It looks nice and authentic too!!

SERIOUS QUESTION HERE, what is the address, or atleast the location, of the new L.A. Trader Vic's??
I have been on their new website but didn't see any address or that sort of info.

We are heading that way in early April and might try to swing it.

Thanks, TabooDan

View Profile of TabooDan Send a personal message to TabooDan  Goto the website of TabooDan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TraderJohn
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-21 7:12 pm   Permalink

The Address is 800 West Olympic Blvd., # A120, Los Angeles, CA 90015

Listed on the website under the restaurant section, and if you click on the LA Live link it will also give directions.

View Profile of TraderJohn Send a personal message to TraderJohn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TabooDan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-22 01:18 am   Permalink

Hey TraderJohn, thanks, I will check it out!!
TabooDan

View Profile of TabooDan Send a personal message to TabooDan  Goto the website of TabooDan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-22 09:47 am   Permalink

Holy Tapa Roll !

Good stuff !

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIVILLE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-23 11:14 am   Permalink

thats FREAKIN HUGE!
now is that all pounded bark ? lol
can you imagine the hand pounding that would take?

View Profile of TIKIVILLE Send a personal message to TIKIVILLE  Email TIKIVILLE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-23 12:29 pm   Permalink

what will the hours be?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-24 12:43 pm   Permalink

I think it's great that it's opening on tax return deadline day. We'll all need a large cocktail THAT night! Maybe I missed this post, but is there going to be some kind of special opening party that day/night? Or is it a "just show up" thing when it opens that day?

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-26 11:10 pm   Permalink

I think it's a soft opening on April 15th but Tax Day makes everyone soft already, right?
I visited Trader John at LA Trader Vic's today. He showed me around the new Trader Vic's, Chinese oven, monkey pod bar, carved panels, miles of tapa and bamboo. After the disappointment of Beverly Hill's and especially Las Vegas, this restored my faith in what To expect from a Trader Vic's. I'd love to show you all more pictures but this site is being kept under wraps for now and I'm abiding by their wishes. Here is one picture of the interior to give you all a peek. They were installing the bar while I was there and the bamboo has to be some of the biggest I've ever seen in a Tiki palace which this is destined to be. IMNSHO

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki leki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-27 05:38 am   Permalink

Cool ! But like what bigtikidude said ,what about the the hours will it be open for lunch also ?.

View Profile of tiki leki Send a personal message to tiki leki  Email tiki leki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tropicali*honey
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-27 08:44 am   Permalink

Wow...looking good so far--I can't wait to check it out--I'll be in Vegas for the opening, but definitely need to get up there soon!

View Profile of tropicali*honey Send a personal message to tropicali*honey  Email tropicali*honey Goto the website of tropicali*honey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tropicali*honey
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-27 08:45 am   Permalink

whom ever goes first needs to take some pics and post!

View Profile of tropicali*honey Send a personal message to tropicali*honey  Email tropicali*honey Goto the website of tropicali*honey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cultoftiki

Posted: 2009-03-27 12:05 pm   Permalink

This is going to be great, I just realized that I haven't been to TV's since my son was born, almost 3 years. And I live near _three_ of them...

Going to be visiting this one for sure when we go on our Disneyland trip in May.

View Profile of cultoftiki Send a personal message to cultoftiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-27 12:57 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-21 01:19, Tiki Diablo wrote:
Three tikis stained today. Two 8' Marqs and one special tiki pushing 9 feet!

I love the Marquesean Tiki!
Will they be standing erect?

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-29 2:28 pm   Permalink

Yeah Chris, the two Marqs will flank the entrance and the third larger tiki will be on the other end of the front of the building. Placement could change, but this is as I know it.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-31 1:02 pm   Permalink

Excellent!

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation