FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Crawl 9 is San Francisco! July 9 - 12 Free! UPDATE: last chance for mugs! and Mahalos! Page 10
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
Tiki Crawl 9 is San Francisco! July 9 - 12 Free! UPDATE: last chance for mugs! and Mahalos! Page 10
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-13 9:03 pm   Permalink

Hey Ms. Tiki,

Welcome to TC posting! It was great meeting you on the crawl. Look forward to seeing you both again!

CL

Quote:

On 2009-07-13 18:55, Ms. Tiki wrote:
Maholo to the organizers and attendees to the crawl. This was my first time "on the bus" and we had a blast both nights. I am proud to say I have been upgraded from a Tiki Central lurker to a full fledged poster (that is if this works!)
Special thanks to WooHooWahine, SoccerTiki and Metikiman 1705 for helping us learn the ropes!

Thanks!
Lori

[ This Message was edited by: Ms. Tiki 2009-07-13 19:09 ]

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KeithH
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-13 9:15 pm   Permalink

Bec and I are already planning on making the drive down from Portland for 2010.

View Profile of KeithH Send a personal message to KeithH      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-07-13 11:01 pm   Permalink

I noticed this piece of art was missing from one of the bathrooms in the Emeryville Trader Vics. I hope it didn't disappear during the crawl! The management was and has been great to us and they don't deserve the theft of this! Please don't make a big deal because at this point all I know is that it was there in October 2008. Some jerk may have taken it a few months ago. It is too bad that apparently someone did take it at some point. RAZZ!

On another note, I nominate a new thread just for photos. How about here;
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=33099&forum=17&0

If you like it,it is ZAZZ! If you don't, give it a RAZZ.

[ This Message was edited by: mrsmiley 2009-07-13 23:04 ]

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-13 11:40 pm   Permalink

What a killer weekend! I'm so happy to be back in the Bay Area and it was wonderful to see everyone. Many, many mahalos to HL and Mai Tai for putting on a great weekend; thanks for ALL of your amazing hard work. Notch, thanks for the killer mug and for letting us all through your wonderful shop and really awesome bar. I had a great time with the rest of the flight crew on the bus... thanks for letting me help out. Special amazing mahalos to the staff at both Trader Vic's Emeryville and Palo Alto - being treated to specially priced drinks and amazing bands at both locations was so special. We're lucky Ohana 'round these parts! I'm looking forward to all of the treats in store for next year - Tiki Crawl 10 WILL KICK ARSE!

A few weekend photos:

The amazing double rainbow that appeared after the brief burst of rain in Oakland on Saturday:

Mai Tai gives Conchy, Jr. a go at Smoke Tiki:

It was a perfect day in the South Bay. Not too hot - just perfect.
Small stone Moai near the outside bar at Smoke Tiki, with the two Devons:

Custom mugs for Hanford and Mai Tai:

The AMAZING gigantic Moai Volcano Bowl Notch is working on:

Notch's place:

Russell (The Sock Monkey King of Samba) has some Calamari:

Suzanne and Russell:

Mrs. Midnight, Midnight, Mai Tai, Panda, Haole'akamai, Coco Loco, Suzanne and Russell (I look VERY excited):

Dr. Funk and a Mai Tai at TV's Emeryville:

Hubert, InkyLouise, Suzanne, Russell at TV's Emeryville:

Russell and Conchy, Jr. :

Play Doh Throw Down:

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hukilau, Esq.

Posted: 2009-07-14 10:22 pm   Permalink

Thanks to Hanford and Mai Tai for pulling Tiki Crawl 9 together. Now that my head is clear again, I can certainly say that the people, venues, and beverages were top drawer. The "short bus" we brought was a good time and convenient, but I would also enjoy riding the long bus next time. As a former Piedmont resident, my head and internal organs are grateful that the Conga Room and Kona Club were nondescript fraternity bars in those days. Mahalo!

View Profile of Hukilau, Esq. Send a personal message to Hukilau, Esq.      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
metikiman1705
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-07-14 10:35 pm   Permalink

Welcome and Aloha Ms. Tiki.

View Profile of metikiman1705 Send a personal message to metikiman1705  Email metikiman1705 Goto the website of metikiman1705     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-15 11:45 am   Permalink

It was nice being able to drop by for a unplanned visit on Saturday night, great seeing you all.
Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
metikiman1705
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-07-15 1:35 pm   Permalink

More Crawl9 Pix.

Lava Lewie

View Profile of metikiman1705 Send a personal message to metikiman1705  Email metikiman1705 Goto the website of metikiman1705     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-16 11:24 pm   Permalink

Well finally a chance to post about an incredible 3 days of crawlin' with the nicest bunch of tiki freaks. I gotta say how cool it was to hang with my traveling' companion Tikitastic for all the days plus the day before at FI's Pre Oasis Wed. night before the crawl. Hats off to Mai Tai & Hanford for once again putting on a great show. Notch AWESOME mug and bitcin' shop/bar. Thanks for having' us! Suzanne, glad to have you back cuz you're a hoot!! It is so fun to see all the crazy friends I have made over the last year or so having such a good time. ON TO OASIS...!!! Anyhoo pictures speak louder than words.

View Profile of KuKu Send a personal message to KuKu  Email KuKu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2009-08-01 11:08 pm   Permalink

It always takes me a few weeks of decompression after the crawl, but better late than never:

Mahalo to everyone! Our full list of Thank Yous is up on the official crawl site. Check it out:

http://www.tikiroom.com/misc/

Also, remember we still have mugs left from the crawl. Pick one up before it's too late:

http://www.tikiroom.com/misc/mug.php

Mahalo,

Hanford and Bill

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation