FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Crawl 9 is San Francisco! July 9 - 12 Free! UPDATE: last chance for mugs! and Mahalos! Page 10
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Tiki Crawl 9 is San Francisco! July 9 - 12 Free! UPDATE: last chance for mugs! and Mahalos! Page 10
metikiman1705
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-04-25 12:57 am   Permalink

Any word on the Bus tickets yet?

View Profile of metikiman1705 Send a personal message to metikiman1705  Email metikiman1705 Goto the website of metikiman1705     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-25 04:57 am   Permalink

Sorry for the delayed response, I've been under the weather. Hanford has been working hard on The Crawl website, with schedule, bus, and hotel information. It should be up in a few days, so keep your eyes peeled!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GoldenTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-04-25 08:38 am   Permalink

Does anyone know the name of the band that played at Trader Vic's last year at The Crawl? They had a Theremin.

View Profile of GoldenTiki Send a personal message to GoldenTiki  Email GoldenTiki Goto the website of GoldenTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-25 08:45 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-04-25 08:38, GoldenTiki wrote:
Does anyone know the name of the band that played at Trader Vic's last year at The Crawl? They had a Theremin.

The band is
Project: Pimento

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2009-04-25 12:13 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

Sorry for the delay in all the Tiki Crawl info. We've got a sneak peak at the new website for TCers:

http://www.tikiroom.com/misc/index.php

PLEASE: Be accurate on the Bus Tickets. This is our biggest expense and if we don't get the ticket numbers right, we can't pay for the bus and it comes out of our pockets.

HOTEL: While the hotel page is not up yet, we're 99% sure we're going to go with the Hawthorne Suites in Alameda on Lincoln; This puts people closer to Forbidden Island, which we've heard again and again people want more of.

Mahalo,

Hanford & Mai Tai

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-09 5:11 pm   Permalink

So... we have looked at the number of tickets requested so far for the bus, and the ticket count is significantly lower than previous years. We are wondering if it might be a sign of the economy, or if people just haven't put in their request for tickets yet. Remember, you can take a peak at The Tiki Crawl website here:
http://www.tikiroom.com/misc/index.php

And you can put in your request for bus tickets here:
http://www.tikiroom.com/misc/bustickets.php

As of right now tickets are not on sale, so you don't need to pay any money. But we do need you to request tickets on that form, so that we can determine how many people are interested, what size bus we will need for the various days, or if we won't even have a bus this year. I cannot stress enough that your feedback is important to us, and so is filling out the bus ticket survey form. Thanks, and see ya on The Crawl!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-14 3:32 pm   Permalink

Still getting work schedule forecast.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2009-05-14 6:19 pm   Permalink

Seriously guys; if we don't more signups, we're not going to have the bus.

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-14 6:43 pm   Permalink

can the bus come down to pick me up in So. Cal.?
if so how much would that be?
wish I could make this.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
metikiman1705
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-05-15 12:42 am   Permalink

If not a big bus how bout a small one?

View Profile of metikiman1705 Send a personal message to metikiman1705  Email metikiman1705 Goto the website of metikiman1705     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-15 08:41 am   Permalink

aka a short bus.

do all the riders have to wear helmets too?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
metikiman1705
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-05-15 10:47 am   Permalink

No biggy. I mean like a smaller, like commuter type bus.

leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-15 12:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-05-14 18:19, hanford_lemoore wrote:
Seriously guys; if we don't more signups, we're not going to have the bus.

Hanford how many people are needed for a full bus?
When do you have to reserve one?
How many people have expressed an interest?

This was something I was looking forward to because I missed last years crawl and I would really like to be able to do the bus this year.

Also besides the fact that this summer seems to have a great amount of tiki events all pretty close together and the economy is most likely affecting people a bit is there any other reasons why interest isnt as high?

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-16 11:38 pm   Permalink

As a frequent crawler, I can tell you there is a HUGE difference between riding in a TC bus, or driving. I know folks are thinking that due to the economy, they won't splurge on the bus. Seriously guys, as we all know, Tiki drinks are STRONG, from Trader Sams to FI to Vics - don't take chances like that because frankly, what none of us can really afford is a DUI!

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2009-05-17 12:29 am   Permalink

Hi guys,

Mai Tai and I have reviewed the numbers, and it is looking goof a bus on Saturday. We're trying to swing one for Friday too. We'll keep you posted!

~Hanford

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation