FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Crawl 9 is San Francisco! July 9 - 12 Free! UPDATE: last chance for mugs! and Mahalos! Page 10
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Tiki Crawl 9 is San Francisco! July 9 - 12 Free! UPDATE: last chance for mugs! and Mahalos! Page 10
NOTCH
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-27 09:20 am   Permalink

Bump!

View Profile of NOTCH Send a personal message to NOTCH  Email NOTCH     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-27 8:16 pm   Permalink

Speaking of Nacho saying bump...

Oh, wait... did he say "bump"? I think he totally meant to say mug...

(that's a test glaze sneak peak, btw - you'll have to wait until I get back from Forbidden Island tonight to see more. stay tuned...)

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CP
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-05-27 10:29 pm   Permalink

looking good billy ray

View Profile of CP Send a personal message to CP      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
metikiman1705
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-05-29 12:54 pm   Permalink

Sweet. Can't wait.

View Profile of metikiman1705 Send a personal message to metikiman1705  Email metikiman1705 Goto the website of metikiman1705     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
retrodiva
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-01 3:12 pm   Permalink

Bummer. So far everyone we went with last year can't make it on the crawl this year because there are just too many people on vacation in July. (

Poop.

M

View Profile of retrodiva Send a personal message to retrodiva  Goto the website of retrodiva ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
metikiman1705
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-01 7:56 pm   Permalink

I beg pardon. The Lovely Miss Milly and I were both there last year. We are all ready to set sail again.

Lava Lewie

View Profile of metikiman1705 Send a personal message to metikiman1705  Email metikiman1705 Goto the website of metikiman1705     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-01 8:27 pm   Permalink

I was hoping for a bus Friday night.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-01 8:30 pm   Permalink

Vic you can sit in the back of my car and I will chauffeur you around like Driving Miss Daisy

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-01 8:37 pm   Permalink

Good. We'll put up a glass barrier and I can slam a few monkeypods.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-02 01:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-01 20:27, Jungle Trader wrote:
I was hoping for a bus Friday night.

Well, there is a good chance that there will be a bus on Friday - like Hanford mentioned in his last post, we are still trying to swing that. How large that Friday bus may be (or if it happens at all) is still being determined by the amount of people that are expressing interest in bus tickets. So please sign up and express your interest in bus tickets here:
http://www.tikiroom.com/misc/bustickets.php

Here's a couple of updates on info for The Tiki Crawl. We had a minor glitch in the bus ticket sign up form, which gave us an abnormally low number count for bus tickets requested. It looks like the bugs have been ironed out. So if Hanford contacted you about re-signing up for bus tickets on the ticket request form, please do so, because the bug was resetting certain peoples ticket requests to zero for all days.

We've been working hard on tying up loose ends, confirming venue dates and certain special events that are still in the works, as well as coordinating the production of the mug by Nacho (all made by hand by him, production slip molds and all, with a smidge of help thrown in by me). Has anyone paid any attention to all of the other artists on TC that keep saying that making a mug is long and tedious work? Well, they ain't lyin'!!! There is a lot of work in coordinating an event that has grown into the size that this event has, especially when there's basically just two people trying to wrangle it all together, plus another certain Hot Rod shop owner workin' like a maniac - on top of his real job - tryin' to get your mugs done in time! There has been much fretting and wringing of hands this year, but it's all about our love of tiki, and tiki bars, whether new or vintage, and you guys, so it's worth it. We think you will be pleased with the results.

That being said, we should have the schedule posted soon, hopefully by the end of this week. Also, stay tuned for more info about bus tickets, including which days we will have a bus, and the on sale date of the tickets.

Feel free to post any further questions you may have. And remember to support your local tiki bar! Cheers,
-Mai Tai and Hanford

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-02 02:12 am   Permalink

Here are some more pics of the mug. This is a test glaze, but it's pretty much going to look like this, with a creamy white inside - yum!!!

Price: TBD
Quantity: hopefully 100, if the Tiki Gods are smiling on us, un-numbered edition

Gettin' jiggy with some test glazes

An army of mugs is gathering in this cabinet!

P.S. If you saw some of the other things that Notch has in this cabinet, it would melt your dome! Seriously!!!

metikiman1705
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-02 2:26 pm   Permalink

That is so cool. Better sign me up for a couple of those too. Looks like this is going to be a family affir this year. Now my son wants to come as well.....Don't worry he's of age. Can't wait for the crawl.

hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2009-06-12 02:33 am   Permalink

Update!

--Bus Tickets on sale Monday--
The Tiki Bus comes back for two nights: Friday and Saturday. It's the best way to experience the crawl. Tickets go on sale Monday at 7pm, and will sell out quick, so be prompt and have your PayPal password handy.
http://www.tikiroom.com/misc/bustickets.php

--Schedule Announced--
The schedule is announced and we have new stops! Tiki Tom's and a Crawl first: the first home-bar ever (well, auto-body-shop-bar). Check out the schedule here:
http://www.tikiroom.com/misc/schedule.php

Looking forward to it!

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kupcake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-12 07:45 am   Permalink

I'm so sad I am going to miss the crawl. I was really hoping for this to be my first this year. The mug looks great! Hope you all have a really fun time and hopefully I will be joining all of you next year!

View Profile of Tiki Kupcake Send a personal message to Tiki Kupcake  Goto the website of Tiki Kupcake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-12 1:54 pm   Permalink

Huh...I popped in to check out TC and find this...my brother is visiting me, and we're taking a roadtrip to SF this very weekend. Saturday we're going to see Slayer, but we might be able to swing by some of the other events.
Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation