FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving NEW Benzart Black Jade Marq 3-6-14
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 Next Page )
NEW Benzart Black Jade Marq 3-6-14
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-05 4:29 pm   Permalink

Didn't forget, just didn't See..
Thanks Amy, Nice to see you 'round againI'm feeling Much better now

Thanks Benny Yes I'm a bit Behind in my work but haven't been working on the cute "Behinds" like you've been (Butts!)

Clarita! Thanks, I feel Better Already Scary story tou are telling us about but it seems your urchin is in the Deep Sleep and all thats left is his Test which is what his skeleton is called.. When they lose their spines it's Good-bye Mr Spiny!

Grapa-Ru, Thanks, I Appreciate your well wishes. Eating Raw Sea Urchins??? Have you ever seen the insides of those Slimey things?
Thanks Laojia Appreciate the kind words. I've had too many surgeries to want to see Sicko 'cause I know I'll need more and I don't want to be any more afraid than In am. Just seeing and Experiencing the Ineptness by the caregivers of the local Hospital puts enough fear in my mind!
Thanks again Laojia, I did a lot of work actually the next day after getting home.

Benj, Thanks but a Hero I'm not, I just carve and make sawdust to keep from losing whats left of my mind.
No chainsaw for a couple months anyway but I have LOTS of other tools I CAN use to make neat stuff! Thanks for the offer,, umm you want to hold the chainsaw for me while I hold the wood or something dangerous like that? SURE, C'mon Over, we'll work it out.. Thanks Benny

DrGoat, Thanks for the comps, The spines are neat little gadgets and I'm Glad I decided to cut some up.

Thanks to Everyone for thair messages and prayers and everything, It means a LOT, HappyHappyHappy
I did start another spine and also a piece of Ebony and here's the stuff. Also there's a small jade chief I'm doing up.

ENJOY

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikipaka
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-04-05 4:45 pm   Permalink

Geese Benz, your pieces are getting smaller and smaller. I guess they're easier to grip and hole on to. These are all nice, but that piece of jade is starting out with a nice shape going on.. So you must be feeling better even with this handy-cap slingy thing.. Keep it up and you'll be carving that 6' tiki for me yet. Then you can put it in your car and bring it up to me.. Oh sorry, I'm must have been dreaming.

View Profile of tikipaka Send a personal message to tikipaka  Email tikipaka Goto the website of tikipaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-05 5:47 pm   Permalink

yup. youz gone to the other side. that's nutz! welcome to nutzville.

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-05 5:56 pm   Permalink

Nutty, NuTZviLLe! That spine is awesome...that is quite a micro-headdress! Daaaa-yum! Oooooh, and that jade is a nice piece...don't mess it up!! HA HA (I've never seen ANY mess-ups from you..someday I wish you would, so I know you're a mere mortal!!)

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-05 9:42 pm   Permalink

Good to see your work again. Im loving the lono's!

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-06 10:23 am   Permalink

Ben, Outstanding micro work as always! Simply phenomenal and exquisitely detailed. One question for you, do you have to give out magnifying glasses just so people can enjoy your work? Happy Carving.

Facebook

View Profile of Tikilizard Send a personal message to Tikilizard  Email Tikilizard Goto the website of Tikilizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-06 11:45 am   Permalink

Oh you don't behave at all! how did you do all that with a bad shoulder and all?! Super cool stuff!!! that head dress it's impressive

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-07 11:14 am   Permalink

Hey Ben- I just checked out your latest stuff. It's been way too long since visiting the carving section, but I love the new ebony piece along with the carved shell spines! So intricate and beautiful as always! I enjoy having my cool Benzart pieces displayed in my office, and admire them daily.

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-07 3:20 pm   Permalink

Holy Cow Ben!! All of this work is coming along soooo sweetly! I can't wait to see what the next week brings out of your workshop there - DANG!

I can't get over how much fine work is happening on TC lately. You, as always, lead the pack!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
big daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-07 10:23 pm   Permalink

so you and the doc's that patched your shoulder up hooked up and now you are using their microsurgery equipment right? next week you will have a line of uncle benz fried rice tiki idols on the shelf next to the rice pilaf totem poles. amazing stuff you do. once again my hats off to you and the marvelous work you do.

bd

View Profile of big daddy Send a personal message to big daddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grapa-RuHa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-08 12:29 pm   Permalink

Thanks Benz, now I need surgery to get my jaw back in place. All of these are amazing so far, so it will be a lot of fun keeping an eye out for updates. Raw sea urchins are not my thing either, but selling them to tourists when i was a kid was a great way of making money. Stay happy & healthy
Greetz,
Grapa

View Profile of Grapa-RuHa Send a personal message to Grapa-RuHa  Goto the website of Grapa-RuHa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-09 11:05 pm   Permalink

Lace on spine urchin!!! Amazing! Like so your little ebony piece...I see that you don't go slowly, you could boosted with surgery? Who can follow??

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-09 11:32 pm   Permalink

Benz glad you are feeling better. Great to see you producing your fine art again!!

View Profile of keigs20 Send a personal message to keigs20  Email keigs20 Goto the website of keigs20     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-10 06:07 am   Permalink

Thanks Everyone for the great feedback,
T-pak,THANKS! it may seem like things are smaller, but just the spines and there won't bee too many of those i think.
oh, and the jade guy i actually started before the surgery. And i'm not feeling too much better in fact that bit of carving set me back a bit, seems too many pills allow you to do things your doc and body don't want you to do, even using the computer which i'm down to left handed.

GMAN tanks brudder, I've been on the Other side for a Long time now, you just got here?

Thanks Surfin',The 'Micro headdress" looks good from a distance but did you notice there were No Macro's of it? Looks pretty ragged, Lots of fixin' to do. No Mess-ups? You haven't looked into my "Box of 80"? Again the jade piece was Pre surgery, glad you like it.

Thanks Seeks, I Know how much you love the Lonos but mine could Never compare to yours, but I'll try.

Thanks Tiki Lizard,Happy you like my small stuff and they Won't come with mag glasses yet but Who knows?

Thanks Clarita, Don't talk to my Doc, Glad you likeee.
(Your Bamboo's are Terriffic!)

Thanks Sam, Glad to see you over here on the Other side, I Know how hard it is to get over to the Other side when there's way too much happening on your own side and it's getting worse! Glad you like the new stuff and of course I look at my "Gambino's" Every day too, you are on that Higher plane which is lightly populated, your art is inspiring.

Bab's, Thanks for the kind words, hopefully I'll be able to do a little more in a few days. You are right about all the art stuff really there seems to be an Explosion of great art happening on both sides here and Yours is right up there on top too! HappyHappyHappy.

Thanks for the Ideas and props Big Daddy, however my doc won't let me Near his toolz at least until I behave and get healed, He's not happy with me right now!
Thanks again for the kind words.

Grapa-RuHa, Thanks for the comps and I Apologize about the Jaw, but I'm sure it won't be bad. They say you can just poke a hole in the urchin's shell and stick a straw in there and eat'um that way so you could eat those after your jaw surgery

Laojia,Lace on a Urchin spine Sounds neater than it is but Thanks anyway, the ebony one will take the slow road as that was Hard stuf. I'll be working more as the shoulder gets better, Thanks for the comps and well wishes.

Keigs, Happy to see you around these pages, Thanks for the kind words, good to see you carving more TOO!

Thanks again everyone, Hopefully I can get well enough soon and get back to the Good stuff and not let you all down. I will be posting the latest 'Benzart Fix" as soon as I can,, Hang tight!
HappyHappyHappy

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikipaka
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-04-16 4:16 pm   Permalink

Bump!

OK Benz, it's been almost a week! Are you back to feeling better or did you push your self to hard and now your in need of more rest? I hope you've just been to busy carving more great work? And if so, update us please..

View Profile of tikipaka Send a personal message to tikipaka  Email tikipaka Goto the website of tikipaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation