FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving NEW Benzart Black Jade Marq 3-6-14
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 Next Page )
NEW Benzart Black Jade Marq 3-6-14
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-12 7:54 pm   Permalink

I remember this mean little mutha!

Oh, YEAH!

Bowie

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-13 07:21 am   Permalink

Beautiful Lono Benz. Great to see you working wood again. Always
love your BenzLonoz.

Spending the week in Tennessee near Townsend, brings back memories
of Coontiki.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grapa-RuHa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-16 06:06 am   Permalink

Been readin up on about 8 pages of amazing cool stuff you keep making in all these disciplines.
Glad to be back if only for seeing your latest.

View Profile of Grapa-RuHa Send a personal message to Grapa-RuHa  Goto the website of Grapa-RuHa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-18 12:59 am   Permalink

curly lono! he's always been my favorite, even unfinished. congrats ben on finishing an epic carve. the bone maori warrior is stunning too.

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-18 09:23 am   Permalink

That Lono is no fear, no doubt, all in, and balls out!!!!

Does mahogany grow in FL or did you have to import it?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-18 2:43 pm   Permalink

Mike and others - Mahogany does grow down here. A few years ago I scored a nice haul (Benz and some others picked up some too) when a shopping center clear cut their parking lot. I filled my truck! I've only just begun to carve what I have. Ben has a pretty nice stash of wood and many other materials in his workshop. That log came from another source.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-18 4:30 pm   Permalink

Amazing lono, that headdress must've taken some time. Cool original design in it too.

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Terrace
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-04-20 3:26 pm   Permalink

Benz, that lono has to be one of my favorites! Give yourself a big pat on the back

View Profile of Tiki Terrace Send a personal message to Tiki Terrace  Email Tiki Terrace Goto the website of Tiki Terrace     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Watango productions
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-20 5:01 pm   Permalink

Ben-Awesome work on the lono that headdress is insane!Cheers Watango

View Profile of Watango productions Send a personal message to Watango productions  Email Watango productions     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-09 7:20 pm   Permalink

WOW, I don't think I have Ever been away this long, Too long and I'm Happy to be back. Just been Lazy and without a laptop it was too hard but now that is fixed and I'm back in business. Haven't even been carving much at all and I have tons of stuff to do.

Babalu, thanks,, Glad the "Fix Worked., thanks for the vizit!

Clarita, Thanks, I think you would even like just the wood chips??

tikigodz, thanks too, I've been working on that guy for Years and lots of TCr's have watched him be bornGlad you like him too.

Tom, thanks, C'mon up, yeah you've been lusting for this one for awhile hey?

Hewey, Long time it's been, Thanks for the props mate!

Jerome, Yes Finally the Lono gets his final sanding and several coats of lacquer, then the ivories finally received their final polish and cords and the Kokopu Moai finally got a fez and cord.Glad you liked them, I'll post final photos soon!

Thanks Amate, Happy you like him.

Tiki65, Thanks for the props my friend, I Love finding unusually shaped media, it is challenging to get what you want out of it. Say to Tim?

Hey Swank. this Mahogany came from either one of the hurricanes we had or from a parking lot clear-cut comp's of Aloha Station a few years ago. Yes it is the Same one I've been working on for a Long long time. I Might have a six inch piece I can part with, I'll look,, you gonna be at Hukilau?
His finish is total clear semi-gloss spray lacquer, Cabots brand. At least 6 coats, sanding between each coat with a 320 grit sanding mop from /klingspores Woodworking..

Hey Thanks Creative Chimp,,for all the kind words and praise, I appreciate your thoughtfulness. Yes I've thought about a book but not much, it's beyond my capabilities..

Seeks, Thanks for that as I consider your Lono to be about as Perfect as one could get and far beyond my skills and in fact YOURS has been an inspiration to me too! Funny how a piece hanging around so long touches so many people and at the same time I get inspired by Many different pieces along the way. Thanks Seeks.

Benella, thanks for your long time continued support from half way around the world, I appreciate your comps.

Thanks Beachbumz, glad you like him.. I guess I'm gonna have to try to figure out a way to do a book.

Bows, Thanks, I guess he's been around long enough for the dads and their kids to know him. Thanks for the props.

Conga,Thanks and it Does feel great to get some sawdust and chips in the air, it's like working for 3 bosses and they all want to be #1 and the wood guy carries the biggest stick! Yeah, Coontiki!

Grapa Ruha, Thanks a bunch,,see the above, while it's fun and interesting it is demanding and the support from peeps like you and everyone else here make it worthwhile.

Bullet,,, Thanks big time for your props and support too, glad you liked the bonez too!

MadDogMike, Thanks for the Cool Props. This IS called Florida Mahogany a close cousin to the Beautiful Cuban Mahogany. It only comes around from Storm damage or construction clearing as it is considered an ornamental tree. Thanks.

Thanks Aloha, come to think of it it did come from the hurricanes, I thought not but he had already been around awhile when your parking lot came down.. Thanks.

Badd Tiki yeah, the headdress was a snap,,,, for about 3 years worth!! Thanks for the kind words

Thanks T-Terrace, I'm happy you have been around long enough to see this guy happen..

Thanks Watango I've Worked on it enough it Should be done and I should be the Insane one!

Thanks again to everyone and for all the props and comps. I pretty much believe he is my last Bigbenzart as the big guys and bigger tools are getting too tough for me to use. In Still have LOTs of Wood to carve but in the smaller shapes. Thanks again.

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart 2010-05-11 07:35 ]

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wplugger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-10 04:25 am   Permalink

Ben,
What did you have for breakfast yesterday ???
Thanks for the thoughts.
Will

View Profile of wplugger Send a personal message to wplugger      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-10 6:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-09 19:20, Benzart wrote:I pretty much believe he is my last Bigbenzart as the big guys and bigger tools are getting too tough for me to use.

say it ain't so, ben!

Quote:

On 2010-05-09 19:20, Benzart wrote:Still have LOTs of Wood to carve but in the smaller shapes

whew, that's good to hear!

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-11 2:16 pm   Permalink

Hey Ben, love all your latest stuff. You have truly been a carving maniac this spring. Looks like I've been missing out on some great stuff.

Don't the power chisels help you on the big stuff? I don't have one yet, but I was hoping something like the arbortech power chisel would ease some wear and tear on my shoulder.

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-13 10:55 pm   Permalink

Thanks Plugger,, Wheaties of course~

No Worries Bullet, I Have lots of wood left to carve, just not Large pieces. Thanks..

The Big T, Glad you like the stuff aand I'm sure there will be more.Appreciate the props, Cheers.

Heres some left from the Bold Hype

Here are some progress shots of a new Lono Pendant. He's about 4 inches tall made from Mahogany.

Can't say yet exactly when he will be done but soon..Cheers

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-14 3:44 pm   Permalink

Love those lono's. In fact when i think Lono you come to mind?

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation