FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Don the Beachcomber Party - Friday, March 27
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Don the Beachcomber Party - Friday, March 27
Skinny Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-28 3:46 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2009-03-28 14:58, tikiyaki wrote:
Quote:

You also have to be sworn into the Mystic Order of Tikiyaki.

I heard that involved doing a shot of rum off Squids belly , Is that rumor true ?

View Profile of Skinny Dog Send a personal message to Skinny Dog  Email Skinny Dog Goto the website of Skinny Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-28 3:57 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2009-03-28 15:46, Skinny Dog wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-03-28 14:58, tikiyaki wrote:
Quote:

You also have to be sworn into the Mystic Order of Tikiyaki.

I heard that involved doing a shot of rum off Squids belly , Is that rumor true ?

You'll have to be sworn in to find out. What? You think we reveal the Secret Rituals to pedestrians? Sheeeesh....

Ltd Edition Mugs & MORE!

Ltd Editions by Squid & Gecko

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-28 4:46 pm   Permalink

Great time last night, i definately took advantage of the 1941 prices, the Zombies and Mai Tais went down way to easy! Me and the Mrs. got sworn into the mystic order of Tikiyaki. Cant wait to do it again! Good to see all the good people having a good time!

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-28 6:50 pm   Permalink

who's up for a Monday meet up at Don's?
got plans sat. and sun.
But Mon. is wide open for me.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skitiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-28 9:32 pm   Permalink

Great fun was had by all.

Ryan, you are truly amazing and I look forward to sampling the cocktails you are concocting to add to the menu. (Don't forget my Painkiller, please!!!!)

View Profile of skitiki Send a personal message to skitiki  Email skitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ravenne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-29 2:02 pm   Permalink

Oh man!

Friday night was such a blast!!!

I finally had some free time to post pics today!

There are waaaay too many for me to comment on...but most of them speak for themselves

Ooh and if anyone is free tonight @ 4pm (waaaay short notice i know) come on down to the Tonga Hut!

Anyhow,
Enjoy!

View Profile of ravenne Send a personal message to ravenne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-29 6:04 pm   Permalink

Great photos Ravenne.

Mahalo,
Tikitatt

View Profile of Tikitatt Send a personal message to Tikitatt  Email Tikitatt Goto the website of Tikitatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-29 9:48 pm   Permalink

Woah! Great pics of our spooky tour of the speakeasy/bordello basement! Can you believe all the cool crap they had down there? 'Twas so fun! See you guys again soon! And happy birthday gurl!

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sincityryan
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-29 11:13 pm   Permalink

You know, everyone needs to put a profile picture up. It would make my life easier to put faces to words...

View Profile of Sincityryan Send a personal message to Sincityryan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-30 08:34 am   Permalink

Profile Pics!?!?!?

okay!
Here's Kelly "Scissorhands" Krueger
also known as "Hiphipahula"!

Looks like you kiddles had a blast!

www.KENRUZIC.COM is Open to the Public!
(Which i update every so often)
I'm on FaceBook too-Go cheggitout!)

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Quince_at_Dannys
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-30 2:35 pm   Permalink

I made it over to DTB last Thursday, one day early (we had to catch a plane to Minneapolis on Friday); even with the hellish drive from Hollywood it was worth a trip! I got to try the Mai Tai which was delicious (definitely different from the standard Vic's version, but very complex, I think a little falernum and pernod were present) and had a tasty seafood platter, and the service was excellent.

It was my first visit to Sam's/Kona/Don the Beachcomber, and I was really impressed with the scale of the place—so many cool hidden rooms, awesomely decorated. The bar looks great... I can't wait for my next visit to try the greatly expanded drink menu.

View Profile of Quince_at_Dannys Send a personal message to Quince_at_Dannys      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-03-31 3:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-30 14:35, Quince_at_Dannys wrote:I got to try the Mai Tai which was delicious (definitely different from the standard Vic's version, but very complex, I think a little falernum and pernod were present)

Woah, that ain't a Mai Tai.

[ This Message was edited by: thejab 2009-03-31 15:50 ]

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sincityryan
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-31 4:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-31 15:49, thejab wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-03-30 14:35, Quince_at_Dannys wrote:I got to try the Mai Tai which was delicious (definitely different from the standard Vic's version, but very complex, I think a little falernum and pernod were present)

Woah, that ain't a Mai Tai.

[ This Message was edited by: thejab 2009-03-31 15:50 ]

Oh but it is our Mai Tai

View Profile of Sincityryan Send a personal message to Sincityryan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-31 5:22 pm   Permalink

thanks for the photos Raves!

that was indeed a fun night...and how very cool to get to tour the old brothel and speakeasy areas of the basement where all those MURDERS happened. at one point i was possessed by a demon haint that told me to murder Marty Lush, but Hipster Hula fended me off with those ginormous sheers.

alohas!

tom

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HB TIKI
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-04-03 10:08 pm   Permalink

DTB Head Waitress Renee has worked at
the tiki restaurant 2 years (SAM'S< KONA< DTB)

View Profile of HB TIKI Send a personal message to HB TIKI  Email HB TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation