[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Orange County Crawl Atfermath
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Orange County Crawl Atfermath
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-30 02:49 am   Permalink

After a few Mai Tais and thinking about all of you so fondly and missing being with you tonight in my maudlin (and drunken) state... C.B. and I wanted to pass along our deep appreciation for knowing such a great gang of folks.
We were sitting in our tiki bar staring at our various bottles of rum, triple sec, and grenadine - I was appreciating the outstanding design of the labels and then I said - I have to get on T.C. No where else will I ever find another gang of folks who get 'it' : the romance, the mystery AND the appeal of fabulously designed labels (we should start a thread on these).

Anyway... enough of my ravings. You guys are the best. We could feel the manna 50 miles away! It's 10 minutes to last call... a safe journey home to you all.

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-30 09:03 am   Permalink

The OC Tiki Crawl III Kicked ASS! What a great F-ckin' time!!!

Futura Girl & CB you were missed. SCD too!

Unfortunately, I forgot my camera - so I didn't get any pics. But I did see a bunch of other cameras so lets see THOSE!

START POSTING THEM PICS!!!!

Poly-Pop *

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-03-30 09:05 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-30 09:48 am   Permalink

So what the hell did you have in that YUGE back pack of yours PP? MM and Carey, sorry y'all didn't make it, as well as Frank too. I myself had worked all damn day(14hrs) and and made it in time for Sam's. Good times.....g'times. We are all getting so tight we're gonna start naming our kid's after each other, or something?

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-30 10:41 am   Permalink

No pics yet? I understand, heh heh, everything is in slow mo. Little bit of Advil and water will help, don't look in the mirror whatever you do. One eye down by your cheek the other up on your forehead, heh.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-30 3:41 pm   Permalink

my brain feels like it is being squished through my eye balls!!!!!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-03-30 6:12 pm   Permalink

Mother of God! Please fu*&ing put me out of my misery now! Geez, what a night!

Enough said, back to sleepy by.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
trustar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-30 6:32 pm   Permalink

This happy lil tiki-guy would just like to say ... Wheeeeeew! It's always a sign of a bangin time with this group when the postings for the first 18-24 hours are from the ones that could not make it to the foray. A hush falls over the board...... For those of us who have managed to take a small amount of solid food and a few rambling steps towards a keyboard, Welcome back to reality, such as it is. We'uns had a great time. It was good to see you all after a couple of months away. It's always nice to come home. Bring on the TiKi Season!

Tiki Ciao

Trustar

View Profile of trustar Send a personal message to trustar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-30 7:04 pm   Permalink

Man oh Man - this hangover is massive! Bring on the pic's - I know there are some very embarrassing ones of me & everyone else. Al, are you taking bribes to hold back some of those photos!? I HAD A BLAST - thanks to everyone involved for making the Crawl such a foggy and fond recollection!!

www.tikifarm.com

[ This Message was edited by: smogbreather on 2003-03-30 19:13 ]

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-30 7:32 pm   Permalink

you guys were having too much fun!. i hate working on saturdays!. it was great to see you all at sams, such nice folks!.i wish to god i could have been with you guys at billys, i could have had some real fun messing with the snotty folks!. one thing that blew me out of the water was meeting laney, WOW!!!.you single guys out there need to work on your flirting skills!. a babe with BRAINS is a rare combo. peace. TWT

View Profile of twowheelin'tiki Send a personal message to twowheelin'tiki  Email twowheelin'tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mrs. B
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-30 9:32 pm   Permalink

Ok, so, like, they invented, like, this wind-up doll thing, serious, saw it at Kohls in the mid-west. Ya, you just, like, put liquor on it's tongue and watch it, like, go00000. Like, you have to wind it up, like, tight, then release. This "thing" was, like, flying all over the place. If you, like, take it to the edge of, like, stairs, it, like, crashes to the bottom with ease, like, no grace, but, like, with ease. I saw someone, like, in the store push, but, like, we won't name names...HOLDEN. After it, like, unwinds, it just, like, lays still. Not, like, a single movement.
Like, check this "thing" out, but, like, careful how tight you, like, wind. And, like, please avoid stairs, you'll wrinkle, like, it's clothes.
Aloha!

View Profile of Mrs. B Send a personal message to Mrs. B      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2003-03-30 9:49 pm   Permalink

I created a sub-album in the Events Photo area for pictures of the crawl (if there are any). Feel free to add photos here:

http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/archives/occrawl03

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-31 03:58 am   Permalink

Sabu's Drunken Slide Show & Poetry Reading

Please excuse the blurry photos. If the restaurants hadn't been swaying back and forth so violently, I could have held the camera still. As it was, I was struck violently by several walls and a floor.

THE ROYAL HAWAIIAN

The decor at the Royal Hawaiian was awesome,
You sip Lapu-Lapu and then you guffaw some.

Many totally stunning young babes were among us
Lapu Rocker cares not where the big tiki's tongue is

Sabu, his postcards tucked under one arm
Is aware that the last drink is doing him harm

BILLY'S BY THE BEACH

Beer-drinking coeds from some local campus
Are clueless to where the big tapa lamp is

Behind every bar was a nice Leeteeg painting
(I spotted them from down on the floor after fainting)

Tiki Bong's face appears out of a fog
"Hey Sabu! How was that last Navy Grog?"

SAM'S SEAFOOD

Unaware of the nude velvet hula-girl, Ben
Tries in vain to talk to a hypnotized Sven

Bong and some guy who I think is named KC
Are talking about me - they think I am crazy

Doctor Lapu toasts me and asks my condition
"Close that door!" I exclaim, "You're letting the fish in!"

Pop and Spike say "What a great party this is!"
Sabu stumbles into Sam's restroom and p... freshens up.

DENOUEMENT

Tiki Bong carefully outlines to us
That it's an extra Two-hundred to clean up the bus

Back at Ben's we feast on cold eggrolls and rice
To prove that I'm sober I say everything twice

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-31 07:39 am   Permalink

You are all a bunch of drunks.
Why did I have a headache?
And don't worry everyone, your secrets are safe with me.
Sven, sorry about the bottle!
YO, Adrian PP would you please smile it's OK now, it's all over we did ok.
Oh ya, when you get a chance can I have my blue pen back?
The Smoking Menuhunes were truly smokin.
I can't wait for a longer set.
Bongo your slide work is most impressive.
But the three-way you asked me about, shouldn't the third be a woman?
Spikemister your GEE-tar picking is like a refreshing slap in the face, if ya know what I mean.
Lapu, I think that butt just landed in Arizona.
HEY,Spike/Lapu YOUR CHICKS DON"T GET IT now they just sit and wonder what the HELL are we doing with TIKI FREAKS.
Ben"S it sure was nice of you and Mrs"S Ben"S to open up your hut to all us looneys
Can you believe we actually fit inside the Royal Hawaiian?
A lot of us got to meet Zach, the awesome guy responible for the new TIKIS outside the RH I hope we get him to join TC, he would be a very welcome edition. And I think it was early enough so we did not scare him with the TC drunk chearleading squad.
Hey Andrew, you give great BUS, a cheer for our driver please!!! And can everyone please grab your packages and remeber to take the foil off the candy before you bite down.
HEY, Bamboo Ben"S I just got a call from Malibu Barbie and she wants her jeans back.
If anyone plans another Crawl and goes anywhere in F%&@king Newport flippen stuck up Beach I for one will boycott. billy's had the most Botox sucking, silicon injected, stuck up, don't invade my little space, and please don't enjoy yourself, this is a fire hazard, f%$@cked up, bitchy COCKtail waitress attitude place I have ever been to. And will never go back to.
By the way, the blonde bimbo wants a rematch.
OK OK OK now in stark contrast/ Sam's what a relief, our garden of eden, could Jeff and the crew been nicer? I think not. Those last two stops (Sam's and Ben"S) that is the kinda thing that will last a lifetime, next time let's just crawl back and forth with no other stops.
Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-31 10:21 am   Permalink

Major Props to the Tommy Chow and the gang at Sam's Seafood! After the crappy experience at Billy's, it was great to feel welcome at Sam's - with our own Tiki Central drink, Tommy keeping the place open as long as we were there, No Hassles, No Problems!

He told me Saturday, "Tiki Central is always welcome here. We like you guys - always fun!"

I vote we elect Sam's Seafood as the Official Headquarters for the Tiki Central Hoity Toity So Cal Chapter!

Poly-Pop *

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-03-31 10:23 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-03-31 10:50 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2003-03-31 10:21, PolynesianPop wrote:
I vote we elect Sam's Seafood as the Official Headquarters for the Tiki Central Hoity Toity So Cal Chapter!

Right on Pop. Sam's (which was where I had my first 'legal' drink in 1981) is now, and forever will be, the 'So Cal Hoity Toity Tiki Central Official Meeting Place' (SCHTTCOMP).

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation